Trying to figure out movie toys to buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Mar 13, 2008.

1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I only collect G1 and G1 related toys (with some small exceptions, my collection link is in my sig) - so G1/reissue/ehobby/classics.

However, friends over the years have bought me some G1 duplicates, BTs, and movie toys. Since they don't really fit into my home collection (or I already have them) I take these to display at work.

I just started a new job so, of course, I brought in the 12 or so "off G1" toys I have. The only thing is, I have a lot more shelf room now than I did at my old job; I need to fill some gaps.

So I'm thinking of running over to Target at lunch to buy some movie toys. Since I don't collect them I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for some. Probably about 2-3 Leaders, 3-4 Voyagers, or 4-5 Deluxe class would fill my shelf up (and I don't like the FABs or Real Gear...I want actual figures). EDIT: I forgot to mention, I already have Voyager Blackout, Voyager Rescue Ratchet, and Deluxe Brawl - so no duplicates (of any class).

Just a few criteria, figures that: stand well, are somewhat durable, and faily simple to transform.

Your help is appreciated - thanks.

MODS: If this belongs in the "toy" section, please move. I wasn't absolutely 100% sure.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Starscream Voyager is a very god one,may want to watch the missles though.I have been attacked a few times

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I agree, SS is a good one. Ratchet's mold is VERY sturdy, and you cannot go wrong with Leader Prime or even voyager prime. I would also suggest CC BB and Landmine, and my favorite deluxe, Barricade (not super sturdy though)

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    leader
    brawl
    prime

voyager
    starscream\tcracker
    rachet
    incinerator

deluxe
    09 bumblebee
    cliffjumper
    landmine
    stockade
    arcee
    barricade
    big daddy

these are some of the best to get

5. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Insert clever title here.

Ebay:
    I wasn't a big fan of the movie, but i snagged a few of the figs. Blackout and Ironhide. I really dig the ironhide (voyager i think.). Both his modes look great. Though I would not call him easy to transform. Not thrilled with his chest desigh (the center is just kinda open), but as a display peice he looks great.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    ALL OF THEM.

Sorry, was talking to myself there. :) 

My advice based on the ones I have:

Leader: Prime is the best, then Brawl, then Megs.

Voyager: Ratchet is the simplest to transform. Ironhide is the best all around. Starscream is also excellent. Blackout is fun, but smallish and the automorph is terribly designed. This Prime is also good, though I prefer Leader.

Deluxe: Concept BB is king. Landmine (military buggy) is a close second, and Bonecrusher, Dropkick, and Longarm are also nearly perfect.

Jazz is great except he has useless little hands. Barricade is also really good, though his punch gimmick is somewhat annoying. Brawl is good other than his poorly-holding shoulders (and if you get Leader Brawl then Deluxe is sorta pointless). Wreckage is underappreciated - he's an excellent transformer.

I like Payload, but only now that I've done some serious mods to him (paint apps, removed the back stick thing, feet mod, stop the upper body seperating) - so I can't recommend him straight up.

I also think Arcee is a great mould except for the ugliest face I've ever seen on a TF and a terrible color scheme. Again, I gave it a new head and paint job and am happy but I don't recommend this one straight up.

Scorponok is a great little robot scorpion but he's really not a transformer - he just sort of stands up to be... scoroion-bot...thing.

All just MHO of course!

7. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, I posted this at the last minute - but I went to Target and ended up getting the First Encounter box set, cuz it was the only way I could get Barricade, Deluxe Bonecrusher, Scout Armorhide, Scout Crosshairs, Deluxe Wreckage, and Scout Warpath. All were on sale and I spent less than $60. Not too bad. And I hadn't even considered the Scout class until I saw them.

Thanks for the input everyone.

8. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Leader prime is a must.

He isnt easy to transform but i think he is by far the best movie char.

He also fits nice on my masterpiece shelf bc of his scale.

9. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

i'd like to see pictures of both in robot mode...i was planning on getting one or the other. would like to see which i like more.

10. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    I can't have cameras at work, not even camera phones - security violation (yeah, I work at one of those places where I can't talk about anything).

However, I'll take these home tonight and get some pics posted for ya.

11. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

Leader: Prime is fantastic. Brawl is also excellent, just wish I could find him.

Voyager: Ratchet is big and sturdy and looks great. Starscream is also very good though his alt mode isn't the best.

Deluxe: 08 BB is awesome, Landmine is great, Jazz is cool and Barricade's alt mode is just beautiful.

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Leader Brawl, Concept Bee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Longarm, Wreckage and Arcee are must have. You could wait for the Premium series to get Barricade and Jazz.