True Origins....

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by imfallenangel, May 4, 2020.

1. The Fallen

The Fallen Retired Collector

They're both awesome, but my favorite is the Overlord poster. It makes me want to go dig mine out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    more posters... not 100% on the Optimus one, might redo it.
    Optimus.jpg

perceptor.jpg

ratchet.jpg

Sandstorm.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    spoiler 11.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    this is pretty cool

• Like Like x 3
  7. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Hi everyone.. I've put up a pool to get some feedback... I'm loving doing this project, and I know that not everyone can like everything someone else's does, but I'm just curious about how it's being perceived by those coming to read it.

As I'm not "fishing" for "likes" doing this, I'm doing it just because I enjoy doing it and sharing it, with the goal to share my ideas about what TFs truly are and come from in general, I think that a pool is a good way to see if people are enjoying this.

• Like Like x 6
  8. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

This comic is really enjoyable so far. The suspense and the tone to it really makes you want to know what will happen next. It doesn’t seem so forced like a lot of fan comics do. Kinda reminds me of the darker stories in the Marvel transformers comics. Excited to see what happens next on dying Cybertron! I also like the sets these are photographed in. They add more depth to the comic.

• Like Like x 5
  9. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for more

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Fallen

I agree with this, but would just add that the dark lighting also adds to the tone. It makes it brooding and overbearing, like doom is not a possibility, but merely inevitable. I also like the new Autobot base and the container that Megatron's body is in. You really did a nice job on both.

• Like Like x 3
  11. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Nightfall.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    future-spoiler.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    It's been a busy day, I found a few things in stores that weren't what I was aiming for, but turned out very interesting... that last spoiler poster isn't set in any chapters yet... it's more a preview of something new I built today... and I'm quite pleased with it.

I also found better magnet sheets so I redid most of my modular scene so they hold 10x better, didn't buy enough though.. off to the store I go tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  14. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    In case any of you would like a "behind the scenes" look.... here's how I do it....at least some scenes that I can manage to do on my kitchen table... otherwise I'll use just about any part of the house that will either have the space for the larger scenes or that I can make work as best as I can as regrettably, I don't have much room to "play in.... just got too much stuff everywhere.. :p 

DSC06537.JPG DSC06538.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. The Fallen

The teaser picture with Prime in your new creation is great. Is it a cockpit of some kind? Whatever it is, it turned out awesome. The set pieces you have remind me of play sets for bigger kids, you know, those of us old enough to drink. :D 

I know what you mean about stuff everywhere. Truth be told, the kitchen table it the last place I would expect. I'm usually so engaged in reading and looking at the scenes, that it never crossed my mind. That's a credit to the awesome set you've built. It really is as much of the story as the characters are.

• Like Like x 2
  16. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    I'll give you the spoiler.. you got it right, it is a cockpit, but not saying more aside, that I was considering two approaches depending if I could find the proper material, and sadly my first idea didn't pan out as what I'd need to do what I really wanted to do at first, would be way too expensive, but I came across something that caught my eye and as I started working on it, it took it's own life.. the old saying that a piece of marble is only hidden the statue that's within... this was similar... I plan to introduce it's concept in the next chapters and it will be key for a huge turning point in the story....

Biggest problem I'm having is that as I keep evolving the story, I find that it's way more that I though I would at first, absolutely loving it, but wow.. I am now considering all the "flashback" story lines that I've set up to enrich the main one. I really wish that I had more time to do all of them, but I most probably will do them at some point.

Right now, it's hard to keep the story moving at the pace I've set and do character development in more details at the same time, I'm just hoping that the personalities do come across. I do use as much "background behavior" (when the character is just in the background doing something) as I can. The most fun (but lots of work) was the Reflaktors working on Apeface's body that was cracking me up with them doing body slams, shocking the body (his arm flips out between scenes) and such, among the fact that when they were bringing the body in, they were doing the "coffin dance".

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Fallen

I've said it in a few posts before now, but I absolutely think you've crafted a wonderful story. I was honestly shocked when Megatron died. I was wondering where the Decepticons were going to turn next in this story, but, it was all answered a short time later in a big way. Overlord is perfect for the role and Shockwave's narration about him really did cement him as a menacing force not to be trifled with lightly.

:lol :lol 

I actually had to go back and look at that again. I hadn't noticed it much the first few times I looked at it, but man, that was pretty funny. I guess I'll have to keep a better watch next time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Well, I ended up finding that the new base was too limited being almost 2-dimensional like most playsets always are, so.....

It's been a few days of design and made it into a complete 3-dimensional building.

You've seen the front, now here's the back/side.

DSC06668.JPG

Note that this was something that I had to do/get "right"... so it's huge... 3 floors, plus a landing roof, and since this is a diorama that needs to be used for pictures, I had to figure out an approach, which I did.

Almost every panel is removable, all via magnet connectors. This base is completely modular.

During this test shot I did find that a few minor adjustments are needed, but overall the main design is done. I'm almost ready for the next photo session for the next chapters

First.. yup, it's a Batman base.

DSC06669.JPG

DSC06675.JPG

DSC06678.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  19. The Fallen

Holy wonder cave, Batman! That thing is amazing. You could never tell that it was the former stomping grounds of Bruce Wayne.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

• Like Like x 3