Customs: Truck Bed Painting Help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OptimistPrime, May 13, 2009.

1. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    I'm still learning how to do detail/textured paint jobs - I'm looking for a way to get the textured look of a spray-on bed liner for pick-ups, such as the Rhino Spray-On Bed Liner. Any suggestions? I didn't see anything in the tutorials section.

I'm wondering if dabbing with a cottonball on subsequent coatings (2nd or 3rd coat) would produce the desired effect. I don't have anything I can test this out on right now, and I don't want to ruin anything on the figure I am working on if it doesn't produce the result I think it will. So I thought I would put this question up to the experts first.

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    try some rubber dip spray, it's very thick, will leave a cool texture too.

[​IMG]

or, many many coats of black spray paint.

3. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

some sand maybe. also so there are a wide range of textured sprays that you can find at michaels. Ive used some for th Warhammer buildings with great results.

4. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    they sell Rustoleum Hammered or even that stone textured spray paint thatd work fine, you might have to get an odd color and then paint it black. the texture in the rhino liner is from a roller that has not foam or "fuzzy stuff" on it but plastic loops, lots and lots of plastic loops, i think the hammered paint might do it better...