TRU mp grimlock released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, May 21, 2014.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Thanks

2. ragnarok nine_

ragnarok nine_ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depending on your local TRU, they may stock them in the electronics/video game section on high shelves. For major collectibles like these my local TRU never puts them out with the regular toys. I found my MP Grimlock today above the video game cases.

3. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

which tru u go to

4. ragnarok nine_

ragnarok nine_ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fresno, on west Shaw.

I have the Takara re-release with crown and flame sword, but have been wanting a second, but would be willing to trade for Masterpiece Soundwave, if anyone would trade, but probably not worth it to the other person. :/

[​IMG]

5. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

It has been confirmed sighted in the southeast as well (Georgia and Florida). I grabbed one from here in FL both stores in my area received one case and a buddy in GA said the store he works at got a case as well.

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have the Takara one as well but it's MISB. I want this to maybe open so I might get two one to open and stay sealed.

I just back from my local TRU. They had all the normal AOE figures and some YOTH, MP but no Grimlock. I talked to a guy in electronics and he had a list of releases for Hasbro which were AOE figures coming out in Sept. He said the DC is sitting on 1000 of them with no release date as of yet.

7. KnightStrike

KnightStrike Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hoping they make these available online and that they don't sell out in 2.1 nanoseconds like Soundwave did. The closest TRU to me is about 45 minutes away and hasn't gotten an MP in stock since Rodimus. They never had Grimlock the first go around either, so I hold no hope of finding him at retail here.

8. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Stock is spreading. Sighted in East Tennessee today.

If your store says the DC doesn't even have them yet, remain vigilant. I saw a store's inventory system that showed a DC inventory of zero w/1000+ on order yesterday, and they're on shelves in my area right now.

9. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

...huh. Is there a tab somewhere that you have to pull to get the lights to work, or did my Grimlock come with dead batteries?

EDIT: Oh, nope, apparently my batteries are weak.

10. TillAllAre1

TillAllAre1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nothing in CT, MA, RI or CT/NY boarder yet, I don't think the DC's have got them yet for the northeast

11. matrix:silent

matrix:silent Active Member

He's in the OC. Picked one up from Mission Viejo. I didn't see anymore there. However, an TRU employe rattled of several local stores that had more than 2 in stock. Happy hunting.

FYI... Not sure if I'm just super lucky but the one I got has super loose joints. He doesn't feel as good in terms of quality as my other hasbro MP figures.

12. YOLOrenzo

YOLOrenzo Well-Known Member

I picked mine up in Upland, CA at 9AM. There was a couple there looking to buy up all 4, but they let me have one. The box they handed me was really beat up so I asked to swap with a better looking one that they had, which they did. It ended up being one per customer so they had to put one back. That was picked up right away by some other dude, so they sold out within 10 mins or so of opening.

13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn wish I was still in Cali. Great finds.

14. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

Just picked one up in San Jose. They limit one per guest. It is not in the isle, you have to ask for it at the front desk. They got couple left.

[​IMG]

15. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Got mine this morning, and I wish I had a better camera to show it off. The plastic worries are totally unfounded. Yes its a little lighter, but its still nice, in fact the grey looks better than the grey on both my Hasbro MP-10 and 20th anniversary dvd MP-01 Primes. The green plastic does kind of suck, but the only place it really bothers me is on the chest because it really obscures the autobot symbol underneath it. There's some bad paint apps on the crotch area, and all the joints around there are super lose, but he'll still hold a pose better than my Hasbro MP-10 did with its floppy ankles.

All in all this is a steal at $65 (including tax). I wish my TRU has gotten more than two in this morning, I'd have bought a second one for myself just so I could have one on my transformers shelf and one here at my computer desk to play with all the time.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    They have trickled up into the NW today. Had to drive quite a ways (and pay a toll) to grab one for me and a local (pair still in the sealed shipping case right now to see how the local network does on them before dishing it out). Better to have more of us hunting for them.

17. Decepticon32

Decepticon32 But Prime!

Which TRU did you find them at?

18. barrelks

News Credits:
    Silverdale

19. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

So I go to TRU this morning i forgot to take my phone off of vibrate so i got there at 1110am and they told me they had 12 in this morning and they are all gone. fuk really 2 hours after they opened up and these assholes sold all 12 to 2 different people, I said where's the one per item rule that has been in place with these and other highly wanted figures and she tells me, Yeah we should have done that we weren't expecting that.

you scalpers trying to corner the market are straight pissing me the F off!

next time I will be there an hour early and shit will get real when they open! SOLID!

I have had both other versions takara and hasbro and when i got hurt at work and went on workers comp and wasn't getting paid I had to sell them and 90% of the rest of my collection so that my family could have things and now I get a second chance at having one of them and I will get straight up RAW DOG when they open up after the next truck comes in.

Dinobots have always been a favorite ever since they came out back in the 80's so this thing means more to me than most other TF'ers

20. barrelks

News Credits:
    Well, TBH, if it means so much, I would set two alarms next time.