TRU MP Grimlock or Grimlock Reissue with Crown in Coin-Shaped Holder & Flame Sword?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Markdelg, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    So I'm gonna be coming into a bit of money soon (selling real estate), and I want to treat myself to an MP Grimlock. While the TRU version is cheaper in price, I really don't feel like constantly checking out stores just to find he's not there, and then dealing with the QC issues if I ever do find him. The version with the coin holder and flame sword is a hundred bucks more, but I can easily order him at BBTS. Does anyone have him? Does he have the same QC issues that the TRU Grimmy has?

2. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Takara

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara Grimmy is nice but not $100 more nice, IMO. If you gave me $100 extra, I MAY buy the Takara version...but not definitely.

4. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Go Takara, we've already had this question pop up a few times in the masterpiece appreciation thread and the safest bet was always Takara.

5. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies, but does the Takara version have the same QC issues as the TRU? $100 is worth it to me if it doesn't.

6. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really all about how much you're willing to pay. I've got two Hasbro Grimlocks (the original and the new release) and am currently getting the King Grimlock version with all the silver paint, after which I'll swap the blue parts on him with the black parts on my new Hasbro Grimlock so that I have an ideal Grimlock. It comes down to how much you're willing to pay for a MP Grimlock, really, as well as how much time you can and/or are willing to put into it. I got my MP Soundwave because I got up at 8 every day to go to TRU at 8:45 so I could be first through the door. Did the same thing on every other MP release they got, and I got them all. While I know that may not be an option for you because of work, you can still talk to the store manager or a shift manager. See if you can find out what day they'll be getting in a truck. Mention to your manager at work that you may have to come in a bit late, if that's a possibility (most non-hourly jobs are okay with that if you stay a bit late to make up for it). Figure out what having an MP Grimlock is worth TO YOU, and then decide how that money would be best spent (picking up a TRU one on eBay or getting someone to hunt one down for you, buying a Takara one, going all-out and buying the King Grimlock version, etc.)

7. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    ^While going to stores is one thing, as I said it's worth it to me to spend more money for a better product.

8. XenoGearX

XenoGearX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The possibility of QC issues is there no matter what you buy. With that being said, the Takara one comes with more accessories and doesn't have the floppy leg syndrome. I think overall the Takara is better quality and comes with more. $100 more? Not sure. My original TRU Grimlock only has a few minor paint app issues while my Takara is perfect except for one really loose part on the foot. I do however love the apron and drink tray.

9. Fata

Fata Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's the link to a thread with the same question. On the 2nd page of that thread, there's another link to the masterpiece appreciation thread discussing which grimmy is looks better. It also have some cool pics. :) 

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That said, let's just use that thread to discuss the same topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.