TRU Listing for Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I can't risk preordering something without a sure way to cancel given my currently tenuous medical situation and the unpredictable nature of associated bills. *Sigh* I'm hopeful it will be available through online retailers elsewhere with a small premium on top of course. Hopefully BEFORE Hasbro and TRU jack the price up so that said premium is minimal. Still better than the current going prices for prior runs.

Kidney stones sucked when they were just painful. They suck more now that they're ruining my collecting. *Whines, growls, and laments.*

Yes, but their official policy for cancellations directly contradicts it, so I can't risk it sadly. Can't risk that button disappearing because too much time has passed or what not unless they clarify somewhere officially that this is always going to be an option.

Really sucks. Very frustrated right now, but whatever. That's life.

https://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=order&subdisplay=tracking#canceling

"At this time, we are unable to modify or make changes to an order once it has been submitted.

Only Ship to Home orders with Standard Shipping may be cancelled within 45 minutes of submitting your order. All other orders, including Ship To Home orders with Express or Expedited shipping cannot be cancelled after the order is submitted because they are processed immediately to ensure we meet the expected delivery obligation
    "

So "IF a cancel order button is displayed," isn't reassuring, sadly.

EDIT: Subsequently, chat representative GUARANTEED to me I CAN cancel anytime before shipping/charging. I kept the transcript as proof, so I assume they will honor this no matter what. Huge relief. Order placed.

2. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I'm glad Hasbro didn't fuck this guy up with stupid color's, or ridiculous tampos.

I have the Takara one with his Corination set, but this will be my 2nd and kept in alt mode. I love the blue nosecone.

3. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Thanks bud, really appreciate it :) 

4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're really complaining now that Hasbro is TOO CHEAP? Hasbro can do no right to some of you people. Get off it and enjoy the cheap price.

A rise in price isn't a bait and switch. A bait and switch would be if they put thhis out there and then told you its sold out, here's a generations Starscream instead.

Why don't you just return it in store? It comes out in 60 days. It makes no sense to decide to spend more money later at BBTS than $60 now and then just return it if you need the money.

I paid with all gift cards, so there's no way they can just charge me more. You are locked in.

5. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add a minor detail, that might be the cancellation policy for actual orders and not preorders. It would make sense on orders since, once it's made they produce pick tickets, shipping labels and generally get the process rolling for delivery. Maybe there is a chance to cancel on preorders? You can always just go to live chat and double check before ordering :) ))

6. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Right now I can afford it. But I'm having a lot of chronic health issues this year. Right now they're in a lull, but I've had four bouts so far since February. It's unpredictable. And if it should happen again, I won't have the money in the bank to pay for this preorder. I REQUIRE the ability to cancel at a moment's notice, guaranteed.

I'd rather pay more when I know I have it, than pay less when I might not. I need guaranteed cancellation freedom.

Trying that. Fingers crossed. EDIT: No chat available right now.

EDIT: Chat finally worked. They GUARANTEED (I saved the chat transcript) I can cancel anytime before it ships and is charged! So that's good enough for me. Ordered! Huge relief! Thanks!

7. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Oh man. I'm getting X-MEN legends flashbacks. I hope the don't cancel orders.

Love this deal. Got my Starscream preordered. :) 

8. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    checked out but I didn't receive any confirmation, on tru or email. went back to try again and can't do anything now....

9. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Muahahahaha!!! O_O I have ordered it.

I finally managed to chat w/TRU and they told me the following (which I saved as proof in case any problems should transpire!)

@ mtl79 Thanks for suggesting the chat. Once it was finally available that was the means of guarantee I required! All is well now! Happy happy! :D 

Sorry to be so spastic guys. I'm having a really rough year with health issues and a lot of pain, and it impacting my collecting only adds to the stress, as that is one of my escapes y'know? So being able to cancel is a must for me and this is a HUGE!!! relief.

10. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    I checked out through Paypal but didn't get an email confirmation either...but I'm sure it just takes some time.

*EDIT* Got my confirmation emails from TRU and Paypal. Glad I got in before the sold-out.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In for 1 at $60! Crazy price. I'm so glad I sold my MP-11 a few months after I bought it. No way to justify it when this one sells for $60 with a stand and extra missiles. Coronation gear for $100? Hardly. Thank you Hasbro!

12. stprime

News Credits:
    checked out again. took three times. last I got a confirmation on the tru page and 2 emails.

so are we locked in at this price? they can't add on $20 and we have to pay the new price?

I was hoping they'd have combiner wars Ultra Magnus on the site and add him to my order with the free shipping but I couldn't find it if they did. They still have Brakeneck though.

13. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preordered one even though I have the Tamara version. For $64 shipped with tax included, it is too good a deal. Got my order acknowledgement email, but I bought it with my TRU credit card.

14. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Sweet. I sold off my Walmart Starscream several years ago in anticipation of MP-11, but then the price of that one turned me off. So I've been without a proper Starscream for a while, but yes! Pre-order now, then be "surprised" in 2 - 3 months.

15. Xionis

Xionis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome deal to wake up to. :) 

Couldn't resist and bought two. Thanks so much for the heads-up.

16. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    That was stupidly easy. Thanks for the link! No ridiculously hunting this fall.

17. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is mistransformed in this picture:

[​IMG]

The flap things on his wings (ailerons?) should be folded down in bot mode. One of them is half way folded.

Keepin it real TRU :D 

18. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

...aaaand pre-ordered...now just to let you guys know a few things about pre-ordering from TRU.com...

1 - Pre-ordering with them doesn't GUARANTEE that you'll get one first, even if you were first in line to pre-order. That has happened to me. I ordered Hasbro MP-10 before he was released, stock went to stores first, AND people that stated that they had pre-ordered AFTER me received theirs before me. Now, even though I had to wait an additional 3 weeks, they DID honor the original release price.

2 - Their shipping sucks...so if you want them to actually USE PACKING, you need to let them know ahead of time. 4 out of 6 orders that I have placed with them in the past have shown up with smashed boxes.

EDIT: I got tired of receiving smashed boxes at one point and I had to have it out with C.S. before they sent me a replacement item with better packing.

3 - I recommend that if you see him in stores and you can cancel your online order, then do that, unless at that point he's already shipped.

19. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know if this is available on toysrus.ca? Did a quick search but didn't find anything.

20. stprime

News Credits:
    how do you let them know you WANT packing in your order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.