TRU Listing for Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Thanks. It did upset me. It probably shouldn't have affected me as much as it did but it was just upsetting. I probably shouldn't have taken it as badly as I did. (In the sense of getting so upset). I guess it was more of the shock/surprise of it. It being hard to get and actually getting one and then having to wait till Christmas to open it (I had opened it and inspected it for missing fingers and double hands etc, but this being the first time I had this mold I had no idea to notice double hip pieces from jet mode.) and then only to find out while transforming him that something was very very wrong. Knowing I can't just contact Hasbro and get a replacement piece and knowing it would be harder to get a piece because of just how hard the figure is to get in the first place...

So yeah it is upsetting. But again in the end it IS just a plastic figure. I am just surprised it brought me so down. Maybe it was just a combination of things... I don't know.

The big issue that bothered me the most is it really affected my ability to display him in Bot mode. It was a pretty glaring and obvious issue (either have the piece off and he's missing an entire hip/pelvic piece which looks obvious and doesn't look good at all) or try to place it best I could and have it look all kinds of weird because it doesn't fit. So either option just didn't work. Luckily I sort of solved it so I could get a good displaying piece and unless you knew what to look for or really inspected it you might not notice. I think I came up with a rather clever solution giving the situation and what I have to work with.

So for now I am feeling much better about it. Sure it sucks I don't have a technically complete MP Starscream but at least I can have him displayed in Bot mode and it looks ok.

If I can get the piece then good, but if I can't, I can live with it being this way.

I wouldn't consider selling it as it was a gift. So the only other option would be to get the piece I need.

And I agree, Hasbro really fucked up on this one. There is just too many people with double pieces or missing pieces or fuck ups to not realise that. I just don't know what the hell they did... did they just decide to go all cheap on this because Toys R US only ordered a few minimum so they cranked open the factory for a short quick run and didn't even care to hire full staff and this is why it is the way it is? Who knows... it's pretty obvious this run was lower QC though then the norm. It seems to have a very high rate of issues...

Thanks again for the support though. :) 

2. DeltaMagnus84

DeltaMagnus84 Engineer

Both of mine are just fine!

3. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Seeing how star scream turned out. Then judging that against the skywarp or thubdercracker thread is very enlightening

4. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

What does that mean? :confused: 

5. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    If you are like me your Hasbro Masterpiece Starsceam came without a finger. If you are even luckier it came missing both pointer fingers! If so you can order replacements via my Shapeways store. Note these will need to be painted. While you're there feel free to take a look at the other cool stuff in my store!

1 pair: https://www.shapeways.com/product/N8YDEBMSZ/mp-11-pointer-finger-pair?li=shop-results&optionId=59103474

1 single: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DSHRJBHWL/mp-11-pointer-finger?li=shop-results&optionId=59103368

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Hey, autotronprime....are you still making these? Looks like your link is dead. I need a finger pair...

7. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Finally opened my MP Starscream this past weekend and was pleased to see that he was in good working order with nothing missing or broken. His colors look much better in person than in pictures, and I'd say he's definitely worth the $60.

8. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The TRU page is still sold out and it's been a VERY long time. Do they plan to restock, or are they being lazy? Usually they delete the page after so long.

At any rate, I am STILL after this figure. If someone can PM me with one for sale (reasonable price please), maybe we can make a deal by the time I am paid at the beginning of May.

9. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

this is never coming back. your best bet is to buy a ko.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
  11. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
  12. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
  13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

Thanks, I meant is this too much for JediTray.
    I was lucky enough to find a MP Starscream for only $5 markup.
    And lucky enough to have no QC issues.

14. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the reply, Smasher. Yes, that is too much.

15. SureShotSniper

SureShotSniper What?!

News Credits:
    I have mine (still sealed) I would sell for $120 (plus usps shipping). High I know but that's what it would take for me to sell mine... never cared much for screamer but I was planning to be a masterpiece completist until I saw ironhide...

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    That release is long gone..

Buy something on second hand market.. or just hold out for the next Hasbro release. It will happen.. it just might be a year or more away. But it's SS.. he will always be a re-release in the future of this mold or a new one.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There's a Toy Collector's store near my work.
    I'll see if they have any in stock tomorrow or Monday.

18. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I appreciate it. :) 

19. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Wasn't there a rumor (from a well-respected forum member with past proven insider knowledge) that MP-11 will get an upcoming rerelease from TakaraTomy?

20. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

It's really not worth picking up TRU Starscream, IMO.

I've been examining mine and between the horrendous sprue marks and the weird swirly gray plastic... it's just not a good looking MP figure.

The blue nosecone is also a negative if you're into G1 toon accuracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.