TRU Listing for Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he'll have a ceiling of about $120, since the Takara one has been reissued multiple times for $130-$150.

2. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Is there any precedence for a Hasbro reissue with this sort of thing or is everyone that missed it really shit out of luck?

3. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

$100 is a really good price. you had to hit the lottery to find this guy at retail price. a lot of people went through hell to get this guy. when's the last time you saw a hasbro mp reissue not counting mp-10?

4. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen all of them, but I guess I'm lucky. I got this dude for $40 too.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Hasbro Asia re-released the US MP Optimus, but the release was Asian only.

They redid Grimlock, but he was a bit different.

No other time have we seen a straight re-release of a Hasbro MP.

Randy

6. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    I'll second this.

At least Prime and Soundwave got large second shipments closer to Christmas in the years they came out (they both came out in the summer), but it seems like Starscream should have had that by now, if he was going to.

That said, RobotKingdom has a pre-order up for more stock, so maybe those will show up from china on eBay sooner or later. Keep your eyes peeled

7. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Yeah, as others have pointed out, Grimlock is probably the closest example. Grimlock was initially released by Takara, then came over here to TRU. The original TRU Grimlock was a hot seller, it retailed for around 70-80, but then it's value skyrocketed on the aftermarket, even hitting as high as 200. Then we had the reissue last year, which some say was a little different from the first run TRU release.

Starscream *could* get reissued, since he is a popular character, but I have my doubts. The low retail price of 60 suggests to me that his production run was higher than the run for Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and the other seekers, given the popularity of the character. So, if we already had one relatively large run of MP Starscream, I think it is a little less likely that we will get a reissue in the future. With that said, who knows? If, in a few years time, the after market price on MP Starscream spikes very high then we could possibly get a reissue.

8. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think part of it as well is the box/packaging style they've been doing. Keep the # uniform which I quite like.

9. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    This is not true. It was absolutely not a hot seller. It came out in summer and didn't sell out till well after Christmas, similar to Thundercracker or Acidstorm. And as an aside, the price started at $59.99 and then went up to $69.99 in November.

I have a picture from Christmas at my TRU with a whole display of 50+ of him. No one wanted him then because he was expensive and didn't fit with any current lines.

10. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, yeah. This is true, now that I think about it and remember. I saw multiple Grimlocks at multiple TRU's, in several different states.

11. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I only ever saw one, from both times it was released. SE Pennsylvania must love some robot Dino action!

12. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

they were sold out here as well

13. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Isn't this release technically a Hasbro re-release? I mean they have produced and released MP Starscream before. Just not the MP-11 mold of him.

14. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

it's sad how slow tru is in releasing these, as backed up as they are. still no word on the next release.

15. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Even as far back as MP1 we got a somewhat different deco and totally different packaging. At best I think Hasbro Asia might do a reissue but that's it.

16. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Your experience may have been different then. I never saw Grimlock at any TRU in my area, and I know many people here that were desperately searching for him. It looks as if some of the other posters here had the same experience of not seeing Grimlock on shelves as well.

Once he was gone from shelves the aftermarket prices on him were very high, it may have taken a year or so, but I remember him going for around 200 at shows. The experience that I and several other buddies had was that Thundercracker and the other seekers were much easier to find.

On the original question on a SS reissue. At this point I think it is unlikely, but give it maybe 2-3 years and if his value soars on the aftermarket then it could happen.

17. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two left hands

Just opened my MP Starscream after completing my move. Why open a toy only to box it up again for transport, right?

Two left hands! Grrr!

Does anyone have one that has two right hands, or know someone who does aside from the Reddit person (who I'm sure has sorted it out by now)?

18. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Wonderful.... Merry Christmas to me...

So I get this Starscream and I have to wait till X-mas to open it. I did open it before to make sure no fingers where missing and it didn't have two of the same hands. So ok no problem. Pack it back up and wait till today.

So I'm transforming him to Bot mode and then I find out... he has two of the same hip/front pelvic piece. Wonderful...

This stops him from being able to fully transform as there is no room for the cockpit to go. I have to remove the piece. My MP Starscream now has to have a missing crotch/pelvic piece.

So wonderful... God this just sucks so bad. I had no idea to even look for this as I had not heard of this happening to anyone... at this rate I rather have had two of the same hand because I could have had a better chance of finding someone with the other hand to trade or I could have bought 3rd party replacement hands if it came down to it... but a hip piece? Hell... I'm screwed... :( 

So upsetting...

I doubt anyone here has two of the same hip pieces? Or has a junker they can sell me the piece from? Anyone have any ideas? I seriously doubt Hasbro will help... they will be all like "we will send you something of equal value..." yeah...

Now I have to leave him in jet mode...

19. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

most people just leave him in robot mode. he's not fun to transform anyways given his fiddly nature. he is nice in robot mode though.

20. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I wanted to leave him in robot mode. I usually display all my Bots like that. But he has no right (his right) pelvic piece now. It looks bad. Like it couldn't be some small screw up or something right? Nope... had to be two of the same front pelvic piece... how the hell do they mix that up? :: sighs :: I'm just so screwed... such a hard to come by figure in the first place and now this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.