TRU Listing for Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Good year for Starscream fans.

2. crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06 Well-Known Member

Yes! I never found the original when it was at Walmart.

3. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Is walmart Screamer the one that's all kibbly in bot mode?

4. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

yeah, wing stripes aside (which are ok depending on how toon/toy oriented you are and if you already had an MP-11 to match/not-match), dunno what was up with the weird TC tampos. The nutjob Hasbro put in charge of seeker decos might think it's cute to tampo "Megatron sucks bot" or "I'm the leader" or something equally inane in order to "Hasbro" up the SS deco.

Only TRU MP-11 deco I was ok with was Acidstorm even though green digital camo doesn't make much sense... unless Acidstorm was flying low over the world of Paperboy the videogame and was worried about being spotted from above

the color choices on Sunstorm were just odd overall, couldn't convince myself to pick it up. but the biggest fail to me is that they took what was actually a pretty cool looking flame pattern... then colored it a super unexciting yellowish brown... would have been perfect with a two tone golden yellow/orange or orange/red... instead it kinda went "oh meh, look, I'm on fire... whatevs..."

Hope they stick to a fairly clean TT-esque deco... Really for the sake of you guys who consider TRU TC as a solid part of your collection, I hope they use the same wing stripe pattern for team consistency. As I've shelled out for MP-11 (yay coronation gear) and Asia's MP-11 SW, I'll need a similar MP-11 TC deco to complete my core seeker collection.

5. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I hate the fact that we aren't getting Skywarp as paying 200 for him just seems wrong. On the other hand I have the Takara SS and he's a complete floppy mess. It would be nice if they fixed the mold so he can be picked up without his chest coming apart. Also, if they painted his waist fully red instead of having those terrible looking grey panels on the side. I have a feeling this will be hella expensive though. Unlike Soundwave and Prime who were a steal compared to the Takara version, they sold Prowl for 80, which is the same price that BBTS had him a year earlier.

6. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent. I think I'll hold off getting the Asia reissue now then.

7. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Is the floppy mess thing on MP11 common? I mean I'm still gonna be eyeing the Takara version but I'm curious if there's widespread issues with it (maybe common to the domestic vs asia versions?)

8. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

I dunno about saying the MP-11 mold is a "floppy mess", but part of the design involves the pieces of the upper body sliding into place without anything locking together. gravity holds all the parts in place and works fairly well for the most part. but yes part of the design means that picking up the toy by any part of the upper body will result in some other part sliding out on the rails.

the TRU uses of the mold don't seem to be any significantly better or worse when it comes to this, but people are always wishing that TT or Hasbro will "fix" things when they release their version of a given toy.

9. Transmetal

I'm not sure? Like I said I have the first release Takara SS and Hasbro TC and my stepkid has TRU Acid Storm. Every single one is floppy. The AS being the best or least floppy. I rarely mess with my SS cuz its irritating. On my TC, the wings won't stay tabbed in, the chest doesn't stay together I have more fun with my igear dirge and my Walmart Skywarp, at least they stay together. The MP3 mold is way better save for the legs/feet/head, at least compared to the MP-11 molds we have.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Ah that's reassuring then. I was afraid there was something wrong with the MP11 release specifically; I have all three Hasbro versions and Takara Sunstorm and aside from the chest thing there weren't any huge problems aside from some tightness.

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    My Starscream and Thundercracker are prone to becoming unhinged when being messed around, but my Skywarp, MP11S Sunstorm and Acid Storm are solid. Thundercracker has a habit of his wings becoming detached too, but he's the only one.

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who's ever adjusted the screws on an MP seeker's slider-tracks? That controls the entire upper torso. Too tight and you can't fully lower it into place (common problem). Too loose and it flops back up with any slight arm movement (also a common problem).

Or are some releases so far "out of whack" that adjusting those two screws isn't enough?

13. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone can hook me up with one?As im pretty positive it will be way cheaper than the 200$+ required to get the Asian exclusive reissue

14. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    Why on earth would you do that?

15. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

takara releases usually cost more, even when opened. so if the deco is the same and you don't care about the box, then you can trade up a takara release for a hasbro + some change

16. Transmetal

Honestly never even thought of that, thanks I'll have to try that as like I said, all 3 MP-11 molds in our house are shitty when it comes to that.

17. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

Watch them announce Skywarp as a SDCC exclusive, just to make us rage...

I paud $200 for a reissue Starscream, but I'll take a Hasbro, too, as long as it includes a flight stand and doesn't have a horrible deco...

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So...at some point we'll be a MP-11 mold away from having a set of Hasbro Seekers (needing Skywarp) and one away from another set from Takara (Thundercracker). :rock 

19. Milyor

Milyor Well-Known Member

I got Acidstorm (my first ever MP) for £50 & Sunstorm for £40 after they shelfwarmed and were discounted, so I can't justify spending up to triple those amounts on Starscream or Skywarp.
    Sure I'd prefer the original Seekers but I'm just happy I've got the MP-11 mold in my collection.
    Would love to get this TRU Starscream on discount too but because it's Starscream he will sell out.

20. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    I'm curious to know to the guys who claim the floppy mess specifically the Asia reissue mp 11 Starscream when theirs were manufactured. Dates on the bottom of the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.