TRU exclusives not available online....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFW2005JZ, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TFW2005JZ

TFW2005JZ Member

Ebay:
    Does this bother only me or isn't this a big hassle. Target lists their exlcusives online why can't Toys R Us, we all have to struggle to find Animated figures, and the ROTF green legend Devastator will prolly be a hassle to. I emailed them about this but got no response. If this bothers u to maybe if more of us email they will take notice, and change this absurd oversight.

What do u think guys? Here is the link to their contact form:
    Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us : Help Desk

2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I believe they've had some of their exclusives online before.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    They have had many of their exclusives online. Mixmaster/Hoist, Soundwave/Fallen/Megs, Whirl/Bludgeon, Mighty Muggs, Insecticons, Grimlock, Perceptor, the crappy (IMO) first movie Ultras and Voyagers. Hell, I even saw that someone here was able to pick up Arcee on clearance from their website. Sought after items like Arcee and Grimlock are going to go in a hurry. Just because there is high demand for one or two items doesn't mean that their exclusives arn't on their website. They are, but in some cases, you just have to get lucky. Had Arcee and Grimlock been exclusives at Target, they probably would have sold out online as well.

Additionally, with the amount of recent exclusives collecting dust on the shelves at TRU, I would venture to guess that they are a little leary of ordering huge amounts of any exclusive.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    They always have their exclusives online.

Aside from those barrelks mentioned, many here managed to order a (much cheaper) MP Grimlock on TRU's site. I ordered my Arcee online, though it was originally available for only a couple of hours.

They even have Animated Rodimus and Ironhide listed, which will certainly be available to order at some point. (Thought the quantity available for both figures is not at all certain.)

EDIT: Looks like both Rodimus and Ironhide have been removed from TRU's listings. Perhaps they won't be available after all.

I noticed last night that they switched the name on the Hound Stealth Force figure to Ironide. It's out of stock now, but was in stock last night. Wonder how many ordered it thinking that they will receive Ironhide?

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I got that Hound right here & while people who may have ordered it thinking it's Ironhide will be dissapointed, he's a fun toy that they should enjoy.

7. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

There was a time you could get Arcee at half-off . . . granted that was toward the end. I have always found their exclusives online.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    MP grimlock x 3 gotten off TRU.com

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Gotta keep in mind that the physical store locations are sometimes going to have more figures in stock than the online store.

Hell, my local TRU still has Universe Darkwind and Countdown by the dozens.

10. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    If you have no personal problem with re-selling figures, that's fine. Why post about it on a site for fans of Transformers, though? It's particularly tactless when so many members here are expressing their frustration with the search. Keep it to yourself.

11. powerbomb1411

powerbomb1411 Well-Known Member

I never saw Animated Arcee online or at my local TRU. hell I just said screw it and bought Acree and Rodimus on Ebay for $44 (including shipping).

And for the record, I just checked again, Rodimus is not listed.

12. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Sometimes the TRU exclusives are even at a better price online. Once I got a store to match the discounted online price of something like $19 for the Blackout/Scorponok pack of movie 1. Whirl/Bludgeon went as far as $14.97 or so on clearance on the site but were still around $19 in stores last month (and have since gone back up to $25).

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mixmaster/Hoist is still shelfwarming here and still at $40.99, which I refuse to pay. In fact, it's somehow more expensive than the Nemesis 3 pack, if that even makes sense. I haven't seen their listings online in the past half a year.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Definitely. I've seen 2.0 Countdown and Darkwind listed on their site for $20 apiece.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Oh please...whatever...this is no different than the SDCC blaster thread where people where complaining that they could not order blaster and prowl and other members were all bragging about their orders going thru...

I got to the site first and placed an order early...just like lots of other people did...and there is nothing wrong with ordering others to sell on ebay...

called capitalism folks...

16. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by G1_Cindersaur
    MP grimlock x 3 gotten off TRU.com

Yeah I agree. posting comments like this is more on the border line of in your face trolling.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Selling at cost to fans who can't find it is admirable. Scalping is dickish.

18. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Well, if that's what you need to do to put food on the table then I wish you luck.

Scalping is dickish, but patience is a virtue. Best way to circumvent scalping is to not buy from them and let them waste their time. Grimlock sightings have practically just begun and there will be plenty more hitting the shelves. It sucks but it's the world we live in.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I find Toys-R-Us on-line to be a mixed bag.

Sometimes I can find the exclusive I was looking for and some times it just doesn't happen. Which is kind of too bad because while I don't mind supporting Toys-R-Us it is a very long drive there and back for me so the shipping is actually cheaper than a drive there.

20. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Didn't they have Animated Arcee at one point too? They get some of them, but they're normally months after they've been released in stores.