TRU exclusive TLK trading cards

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Daimao, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone completed the set of Mission to Cybertron trading cards that come with all of the Toys R Us exclusives? I finally grabbed Cybertron and sat down to assemble my cards this morning, only to find I'm still missing one. I bought all of the exclusives but my set is short 1 card and I somehow have 2 doubles. I'm wondering if the card I need even exists, it would be number 9. 20180417_091948-1.jpg 20180417_092011-1.jpg

2. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know there probably aren't too many people collecting these but hoping someone will see this

3. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    You aren't missing one.
    Look at the back of the nine cards - they are all different, with different Cybertronian words on each (see below).
    The front of two cards were mistakenly printed with the same image (also see below).

It's annoying, but their screw up with the printing, means the main combined image is ruined. It also means that you don't have to waste time trying to find the "missing card", because it doesn't look like it exists.
    (unfortunately, I didn't think to keep track of which cards came with which toys to work out who was the other one with the half duplicate card)

The full set of Mission to Cybertron toys.
    [​IMG]

The front of the cards, with two being the same...
    [​IMG]

The back of the cards, and you can see that the two at the top corners have different Cybertronian words on them, despite having the same image on the front.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap! Thanks for pointing that out, I probably wouldn't have ever caught that and it would have driven me crazy