Tru exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave quick review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ChiefWave, Jul 23, 2013.

1. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Do it man!! that's an insanely awesome idea!

(evil in me want you to do that to all MP's hehehehee)

2. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently I've been itching to shoot a set of photos that showcases the differences (and similarities) between MPs and their G1 counterparts.

The only problem is I don't own any G1 seekers! :( 

3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    this is such an amazing deal, especially if you prefer the tellow visor like i do. shame i can't afford this guy.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Layaway it dude...this one is WORTH it.

5. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Seriously for the money this set is a steal. Regret shelling out for the Takara tapes and preordering the 2nd run Soundwave. Even if TRU were to jack the price up to $150 today across the board it would still be a great deal.

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Box comparisons with the takara release? Looks to be the same size, but this one actually has all 5 tapes in it.

Furthermore, most of the pictures of SW I've seen are mistransformed, the crotch/waist clicks back so there's an even surface below the cassette door and not a raised square in the middle.

7. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Well, well, well...whadda know!?! The toy gods must be looking out for your desires...

Commemorative G1 Soundwave with Ravage & Laserbeak (New Version) - Transformers Reissue Transformers Hasbro Commemorative

Your best bet would be to track down the SDCC set for your G1 Soundy representation, but that'll run you a pretty penny so for the money, the one featured in the link will do the trick (even if it is the SB mold and provided a reissue will satisfy you).

:thumbs2: 

It's funny you mention the before/after biz. I've had a G1 Soundwave set on display for ages, replete with the CrazyDevy add-on kits for Frumble to make them appear more show accurate. Anyhow, having recently acquired the TRU MP Soundwave, my initial thought was displaying both would be repetitive and I was going to showcase the MP in lieu of the G1. Long story short...Soundwave whore I am...I couldn't take down the G1 display and simply added the MP, thus creating your aforementioned "before/after" generational exhibit. Great minds think alike!

8. Antron

Antron Well-Known Member

SnakeEyes had a few posts about how awesome this figure is so as opposed to re-stating it I'll just say that I feel exactly how Snake does. The Metroplex part included. Metro seems awesome but Waves has set the bar high.

My only issues where Buzzsaw was super tight so I had to play with him a bit to loosen him up. He's not getting loose though so I think it was just that factory fresh tightness. My Ravages hind legs are a little too loose at the knee but it still holds the weight in most poses. And Waves has a super tiny dash of silver pain on the brim of his visor from where they painted the accent triangle in his forehead.

Truly a masterpiece.

9. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HOLY COW that seems cheap..That right there may be the way to go, Thanks dude!

Lemme ask you.

When was the last time you felt THIS SATISFIED with dishing out money for a toy collectable?

MP Prime is the closest from last year, but I really knew what I was getting.

I have to say I may be wrong about one thing. The packaging. I bitched and moaned about how I didn't like that you could not see the toy in a nice clear package..

This one had the opposite effect.

When I actually slid it out of the box, and my eyes FINALLY hit it..

It was just like the scene in raiders of the lost ark when Beloch opened the ark and looked inside. I still have my face...but yea..THAT epic.

I take it back I like the new packaging.

10. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thing is amazing. That is all.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Prime is the best money I've ever spent on a transformer. This is a close second.

12. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

13. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I have both. I like both. But I still don't get the massive love for a figure that isn't so radically different from the source material. His knees now bend backwards. Yay! But putting this thing on the level of MP-10? Seems a bit much. I do, however, have a continued case of blown mind regarding the cassettes. Especially Laserbeak.

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Anyone having trouble with cassettes getting stuck in SW's chest? Is it just mine and is there a fix for it?

15. daddytron

Just Rumble and Frenzy. The other 3 don't on mine. I compared Frumble to the Takara versions and it looks like the feet are not sitting flush due to the hip ball joints on the Hasbro sitting just a little off.

Also it is very easy to bump the button on his back without realizing that you did it. So if you have it in 2 cassette mode with 3 in his chest that causes a jam as well.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  16. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

Mine is the same way. It doesn't always get stuck but most of the time it does.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frumble are an issue, even with the Takara version. Just a fraction of a millimeter too tall in cassette mode it seems, they catch really easily on the upper lip of Soundwave's chest compartment. Occasionally they eject cleanly, mostly they get caught up and I've gotta coax them out a bit.

In all cases though, make sure to tip Soundwave slightly forward as you're ejecting, making sure that the cassettes fall against the chest door, instead of getting tipped backwards and jamming.

18. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

SW: Rumble eject. Operation. Ground control.
    [​IMG]

:rock 

:D 

19. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Cool pic

Has anyone else noticed the BASE CANNONS in the panels that flip up for his hands? If you point the arms forward, and open the doors, you see speakers..

SICK....

20. daddytron

You mean something like this? Sorry I took this before getting the Hasbro version. But it is a fantastic detail.[​IMG]