TRU Canada Titan Devastator Listing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by novabeam10, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    However big they want it to be, since there has only been one other toy in the class. Essentially, we have no idea.

2. sh002

sh002 Banned

Awesome.

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess my thinking is that, lately, they've been charging more for less. So, for something that is most likely going to be an exclusive, it's easier for me to imagine a $150 price point for 6 unique deluxes or 4 deluxes and 2 voyagers than it is for me to imagine getting a fair price for six unique voyagers.

Or hey.. It's possible they're going to make these molds between deluxe and voyager height.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL if Hasbro is epic trolling us. Titans also mean those 'soap bottle' figures. So it won't be some epic 6 bot combiner. Its going to be a 1.5 foot barely articulated Devestator figure. They'll fuck up the colors as well. Movie Devastator colors on a G1-ish looking Devastator.

5. Nymyzys

Nymyzys Yep

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good, but expected news.

7. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    I hope Devastator comes with an optional Prowlmobile head.

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Ouch.

9. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

So how bad is it if I'm more interested in a potential new Prowl mold instead of the actual Constructicons?

10. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I have three reasons why I think it is a Generation One Combiner boxset, which is just my opinion of course.
    1 - If this Devastator toy (rumor) was found AFTER the discovery of the Insecticons and Conehead sets, fans may not have automatically jumped on the Generations Combiner Wars concept as the most likely option (because it was the only plausible option at the time). And Gen1 seems to be the focus of the Hasbro Platinum sets this year.
    2 - We have since had store listings of the remaining eight Combiner Deluxes as being Protectobots (for Hotspot) and Autobot Cars (for Optimus), which if true, doesn't leave any spots left for Constructicons. Hasbro have been pretty accurate in recent years on the product numbers they have officially announced at the start of a line.
    3 - Hasbro doesn't release several new molds in a boxset (1 or 2 maybe, but not 5 or 6) unless they can't be sold separately (like TF2 Devastator if you count those as separate toys) or are really small (like Micromasters/MiniCons).. especially as a store exclusive, because they can't make back the money spent on creating new molds if it has a limited release. So if Number 2 is correct and this was a new mold combiner in limited numbers at ToysRUs, Hasbro would have to release a really small combiner at that price, just to break even (something about the size of MP Soundwave, which was also a limited edition TRU exclusive... it was slightly cheaper than this, but isn't as complex as Combiners which are technically triplechangers).

11. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there's a single listing for a "prowl" figure in the Combiner Wars line. So, if there's not a Prowl in this set (there probably won't be) then there's a very good chance "new Prowl mold" will be either [​IMG] Dead End
    Or
    [​IMG] Offroad

12. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I hope the reissue coneheads (on the Insecticons cross-sell) won't be as insanely priced

13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I meant that the size seemed excessive. I'd be fine with deluxe-sized constructicons (again, as long as they blow the current combiner war figs out of the water). Hercules is already a gargantuan Devastator; I don't know if Hasbro could do much better. (I'd love it if Hasbro used the IDW/Hercules "treads as forearms" design, though.)

Haha oh my gosh, the fan rage would be epic to behold.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it is the G1 molds. $200 is way to expensive even for that. Plus the Titan Class label would not apply to something that ends up being about Leader Class size.

It does have repaint potentials (yellow/orange/diaclone recolors).

Unlike the ROTF Devestator, if they are 6 voyagers, then they could be sold in separate packages later because they would be a complete toy by themselves.

15. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

THIS WAS POSTED BY VENKSTA

Since people are posting info I gave them in private, I'll list what I know exactly about Titan Devastator.

Through my same source from where I saw Leader Magnus, Devastator is currently a Titan class gift set. Price point, at the time I saw, was more expensive then Metroplex. And there are 6 voyager sized constructicons. Lastly, with this suppose to be a Titan class, I personally can't figure out how even at a voyager size, it would match Metroplex's size. Unless its shorter in combined mode, and their just billing the box set as "Titan". No "legends" Prowl, as part of the transformation, or individual release, as far as I know. But don't rule Prowl out from Combiner Wars. Also, please take this info with a grain of salt. I did see something official, but not enough, like with the Leader Magnus figure, to be 100% on certain aspects.

If you see any more info, that anyone says came from me, don't believe it. Just like with the Leader Magnus info I did post, people eventually add false info I didn't mention.

And please don't send me PMs for more info or asking about other figures yet to be revealed. People have shown they can't keep info I send by Private messages, private.

THAT WAS POSTED BY VENKSTA

There were people talking about this starting on page 29 of this thread...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ner-wars-generations-2015-predictions-29.html
    on November 10, 2014

16. backlash3906

backlash3906 Throttlebot

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a Generations aesthetic set of all six Constructicons, and then a new Deluxe-ish sized Prowl in his SWAT armor that can swap in for the upper torso/head section. :) 

17. Smokescreen72

Smokescreen72 Diversionary Tactician

News Credits:
    I don't like the idea of making him Titan class. So Devastator will be about as big as Generations Metroplex? He will be completely out of scale with the rest of the Generations line of combiners and likely not detailed enough to display well with Masterpiece figures.

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION (if this is real and not a hoax…….)

19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Oh man. I'm glad I had no idea at all that that rumor was true.
    [​IMG]

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I think the assumption is that Devastator will be made up of Voyagers……if this is true, then I'll be checking TRU every pay week when he's supposed to be released (assuming BBTS doesn't have a pre order)

We'll know more next month, hopefully