TRU Canada Titan Devastator Listing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by novabeam10, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Someone mentioned on Cybertron.ca that there could be a First Edition release at SDCC just like Metroplex.

2. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

sorry what was I thinking!!

3. Crazy Jetty

Crazy Jetty Reserve Food Supply

What everyone is missing, is these are going to have an extremely low production run since basically only e-retailers and maybe TRU will carry it.
    (spitballing for examples since no one knows the actual production numbers)) iEveryone's price estimates are based on full sized retail runs of voyagers that may have say, 10k units produced, and available in every e-retailer and department store in a few countries.
    Devastator, best case scenario will have six uniquely made molds. But at such a large size and cost, from recently as metroplex we know retailers will be reluctant to carry it. It's also priced way out of the average kid's "begging" abilities (which reduces it to a birthday/holiday gift for them), so it then not only has fewer places it can be sold, it's relying exclusively on adult collectors.
    It's going to have a smaller run, no matter what. All of which means Hasbro has to make MORE money per unit to justify the costs, than they have to on the standard normal mass release voyager. A run of 3k (hypothetical number) has carry more burden than a run of 10k.

At the kind of run we got from metroplex, set of six unique brand new deluxes at $150 seems more realistic to me with how Hasbro does business than a similar set of voyagers.
    Of course, I'll be thrilled to death to be proven wrong on this! I'm not against a set of voyager constructicons. I just feel it's wiser to side with logic and estimations based on facts we have, than to assume they're voyagers based on adding standard voyager prices together.
    Also, the "farmageddon" threepack of nothing but repaints of two deluxes and one voyager itself costs around, if not more than $100usd. That set also likely has a similar run as devastator will.

As for size- titan class is an example of one. And assuming they're voyagers like you are, six combining boyagers will be infinitely more complex than Metro was. Metro was designed to be as huge as they could make him, and as such they sacrificed complexity and moving parts, so they could beef up his size. A devastator made out of voyagers will be barely half his height.
    Because TFC's Herculese is made from voyager equivalents (in size at least. Real voyagers will have less mass and moving parts), and while I don't have him, I DO have Maketoy's Yellow Giant whom is made of deluxe equivalents, and Herc is only slightly taller than Giant. Maybe half a head taller.
    And Giant is pretty much on par with CW Superion and Prime.
    A CW devastator made from Voyagers will be at most half as tall as Metro.
    As someone earlier say, for a devastator to be the same size as metro, each member will have to be the size of a modern leader.

4. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Platinum Bruticus came with Grimlock.

15 x 5 = 75 + 25 = 100

Not saying you're wrong, often Platinum sets do cost more than the sum of the figures inside. But not that one.

Also, this isn't a Platinum branded figure. This is firmly mainline, so there's less premium paint and packaging costs.

For all I know, it is 5 deluxes, but it's way too early to say anything for certain. Also, this price could easily change, it's a very early listing. Or it could just be a case of the weakened Canadian Dollar.

5. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

I really hope that Devastator is true to his G1 self with all 6 Constructicons included. If he is made compatible with other sets (or with Prowl a la IDW), I wouldn't mind as long as the design is clean and not clunky-looking.
    Though it might be too much to expect a Titan-Metroplex-sized figure, I hope Devastator is at least Armada Unicron or Energon Omega Supreme like in measure. I wouldn't care for a mixed sized version either. That mixed size business is for old RID Landfill or Bay-Devy only. I want all Leaders, Ultras, Voyagers, or Deluxes only please.

6. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:

And seeing Has/Tak's "success" with scramble-city figures, I too hope this upcoming Devastator isn't scramble either. I prefer they engineer him at a higher quality than the option to switch arms for legs and vice-versa.

7. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I have always wanted a modernized version of Devastator based on his G1 appearance but I'm not sure about the whole Titan class. I would prefer if all the combiner forms were of the same size.

8. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

Are you guys sure this is not the g1 mold devastator? i mean they always reissue g1 like predaking, insecticons and cone heads. Somehow i need to lower my expectations from devastator until its finally revealed what it is.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Can't wait to see pics of Devastator.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The price of the Insecticons may actually be the deffinition of "retail highway robery."

It's a shame because I always liked the G1 Insecticons. Glad I also already own them.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeeaahhh, let's avoid a Prowlestator. If we are finally getting a big, major update for Devastator, then I want Devastator. Though I'd be open to a later, individually released Prowl figure that could combine with them.

12. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally forgot about that lol. My bad.

I hope it's 6 voyagers, and we've heard that it's going to be six voyagers.. But I just have a feeling that it might not be.

If it isn't.. What will it be? 6 deluxe's? 4 deluxe's and 2 voyagers? How would that work in devastator mode?

Think we'll finally see this thing and Magnus at hasbro's private toy fair event?

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh, another thing: If this happens, I do believe that they will be voyager-sized. However, I'm expecting that they will be more like deluxes when it comes to complexity, and have the occassional hollow part. Let's just hope it won't bring him down as much as similar cost cutting did with Metroplex.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Well, it's not a terrible comic series. It's not MTMTE, but it's ok.
    Granted, I don't want Prowl involved in this set though. Can't wait to buy this! I've already warned the wife that it will be a future purchase of mine! :lol 

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Repaint Hook into Prowl for the IDW fanboys that are fixated on Prowlestator.

16. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    The G2 Bruticus set was only $60, too (sure, that was for the third separate instance of all of those molds). I honestly can't imagine that price not being six voyagers (or something somewhere between voyager and deluxe).

Did we see Metroplex at Toy Fair last year? I'd be kind of surprised if Devastator doesn't follow Metroplex's schedule (including a release at SDCC)

Edit: Not replying to Timothy w/this part:

Devastator will have a Hasbro release, and if it's as suspected (six voyagers, G1 update), there will easily be a Takara version, and quite possibly a G2 version (I don't know how I could stop myself from buying a G2 version. Fuck). I'm sure Hasbro will make their money back.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  17. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How big is Titan Class

18. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The Insecticons reissue has been available in the Philippines for weeks now. The price for the set is just crazy, knowing the clearance price of the Commemorative release before.

19. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

There is almost certainly going to be some version of this as an SDCC exclusive, right? I mean the price is high enough and whether it is with Prowl, more G1y colors, or just for the hell of it chrome added to justify a somewhat higher price... Seems like this one would be ripe for the SDCC treatment.

20. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex was 2013, not last year. It did premiere at Toy Fair after being rumored for a while. And yeah, it was the 2013 SDCC exclusive, and then was released in the fall.

Same Schedule as Stomp and Chomp Grimlock, which was the big 2014 toy.

So, if this thing is really as high priced and is a mass release, then expect it to follow roughly that schedule.