Trouble identifying the model of this leader optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SamH, Aug 22, 2016.

1. SamH

SamH Member

[​IMG]

Hi I am interested in this optimus prime I have found on a auction site although I'm having trouble identifying the model it's has chrome or silver paint I thought it was a striker model but it does not have the holes on the arms to attach the energon blades I'd be grateful for any help!

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Looks like the Asia Premium Series (APS)-01 version of Leader Prime from Dark of the Moon.

EDIT- This guy:
    [​IMG]

3. SamH

SamH Member

thats what I thought but the aps 01 version has holes on primes lower arms to connect the blades to?

4. SamH

SamH Member

yeah I thought it was the same model but the lower arms don't have the holes to attach weapons . I then thought it was the buster model but it has the dotm chest mold

5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Did those heels come with Prime? Because those aren't the official clip-on heels from the Jetwing backpack, those are from the movie-accurate FWI-4 Jetpack 3P add-on kit. Also, is the pin-striping on the flames silver or light blue? The only Leader Primes with blue pin-striping are the Optimus-Jetfire ROTF two-pack - which lacks the abs - and the APS-01 Optimus. The rest have either silver or no pin-striping on the flames.

EDIT: Just re-read the post, and now I'm pretty sure that's a Franken-Prime, as the Megastriker shotgun is in plain gray, which points to him being the original, darker, 'edgier' Striker release, which had no swords. And the lack of 5mm holes on the forearms definitely means someone sold the original forearms on the black market and grafted on cheaper, less painted ROTF forearms for a quick buck. Or the original owner liked him like that and didn't bother making him stock again, which I believe is the case, given the SEVERED HEAD which I just know he displayed in his hand, hardcore channeling Shakespeare.

6. SamH

SamH Member

I don't have the figure in hand as I haven't purchased the item yet I can make out a small amount of silver pin striping on the front of it. I asked the seller if the figure had the flip out weapons such as hooks or blades and he says no. so it's not the buster variant.

as for the heels the guy has confirmed they are from the add in kit which he is selling separately. I'd like to buy prime and the add on kit for display but not knowing what model it is really bugs me could this be a Knock off?

7. Applejacktimus

I doubt it's a KO, the unpainted Megastriker shotgun points to him having bought multiple primes to form the "Ultimate" Prime, and now wanting to sell him but mixing up some of the accessories, because an actual Ultimate Leader Prime -APS-01U- was released in a giftset with every accessory made for him, (Which I happily own. :)  ) so maybe he's selling him to make enough for that.

8. SamH

SamH Member

yeah i can see what you mean now, do you think its worth buying? the guy has offered it to me with the metallic add on kit for £100 but im unsure seeing as its not an actual set and more of a custom job , but then again once displayed with the add on kit it will look awsome ahh decisions.
    thanks for your help by the way.

9. Applejacktimus

I actually own the metallic version of FWI-4 as well, and I love it. The plastic quality could stand to be a little bit better, but it's definitely held up well for me, and the guns are definitely awesome. Admittedly, I might've hesitated at the price he's selling it for individually, but depending on the total for both of them, I might think it's worth it. However, if it's not the metallic version, I'd check if you can get a metallic version for a good deal seperately, as the duller version probably wouldn't fit visually with this shinier Prime.

10. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Sentinel would be a good person to answer this, since I'm pretty sure he owns every mold of this figure ever released, but yeah, the more I look at it, the more it seems to be "Frankensteined."