Tron: Uprising - Animated Series Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Joe Moore, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sh002

sh002 Banned

Hope to see all of this.

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Just watched the last episode on my DVR....man I love this show.

3. sh002

sh002 Banned

i would buy most of the figures and vehicles from this series if a good company made them

4. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    I think that's waaay too much plot advancement for one episode.
    As much as I'd like this series to come to an ending, I feel trying to cram everything into one last episode just to tie up all the loose ends is wrong.

Just look at the story so far: it's going somewhat slow, but steady and believable, into a direction of the Renegade booking more and more success, until he has enough backing from the public to try and go for a revolution.

But we're nowhere near that yet, especially after the last episode's setback. It looks like the plot was always intended to last for multiple seasons.

To try and tie everything up now with Legacy would be a giant disservice. They could wrap it up now, but that would mean Tron Uprising is nothing more than a short story in which the uprising fizzled away long before it even started.

And we already know how it will end: they fail. Whatever happens to Beck and his friends, the uprising fails, and Tron gets captured and turned into Rinzler. :) 

So no, I'd rather they's just have a season 1 cliffhanger and pull the plug on this show.

5. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

I don't think they're even going to try to wrap things up conclusively. Likely, the creators still have some shred of hope that they will eventually be able to tell the story they wanted to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode ended without any wrap-up and just finished with the usual 'what happens next?' cliffhanger, and then later, they released a single one and a half hour movie straight to Blu-Ray to finish up strong.

The creators know the quality of this show. It's been nominated for some animation awards. I doubt they will just rush to an almost certainly weak single episode wrap-up.

Then again, they are Disney.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Probably not. I still think Rinzler is the result of his scar's progressive infection, and that once they infect him fully he'll be completely mad. Then all CLU has to do is reprogram him.

Also, we still don't know that Beck fails. ARGON IS NEVER MENTIONED IN LEGACY. For all we know he succeeds and pushes back the occupation, and before CLU can move for a counter-assault Sam shows up and Legacy happens.

Or rather, under the employment of Disney. These could be the most dedicated individuals ever, but if Disney tells them to wrap it up in one episode they really don't have a choice.

I also hope we get some resolution after the fact. But like you said, this is Disney, and Disney sucks.

7. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. In Legacy, when Sam first shows up at Flynn's hideout, and they're outside on the terrace looking at the city, Flynn even mentions that there's talk of revolution, and that Clu might be brought down from within the grid. While Uprising probably hadn't even been conceived yet, and likely wasn't what the writers were referring to, it would certainly tie together nicely as an indication that there is a revolution going on elsewhere. A fairly easy retcon to tie together.

8. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also the group of programs (led by Bartik) at the End of Line club trying to get Zuse to help with a revelation against Clu.

9. Digilaut

News Credits:
    I suppose you guys are right, hadn't even thought of that.

I've always had this idea in my head that CLU's reign over the Grid was pretty definitive in Legacy, and that Tron Uprising was 'just' meant to fill in the gap between Tron1 and Legacy, nothing more. At least, it doesn't seem like they were planning to ever sign up the characters for the next sequel, or else they would've made the characters look more like their voice actors.

An uprising in Argon driving back CLU's/Tesler's forces? It could work yes, but wouldn't that be sort of an Asterix & Obelix cop-out? 'CLU rules the Grid, there's little hope left.' 'Oh, but I heard there's this one city...'
    As much as I want Beck to succeed (because this is a damn good show with likable characters), it just doesn't sit right with me. (although yes, one city managing to hold or repel can happen)

Oh, that actually makes sense, and is cooler than CLU capturing him. In some (early) episodes he poses as a guard, to test the water with people he doesn't know. Would be very interesting when he no longer is posing, but is actually becoming that person...

So, that second disc Rinzler is using. Just a random disc to make him cooler? A disc CLU gave him? Or (retconned) a disc from somebody who was once his friend?...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  10. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

True point. Though I would suspect that once Tron turns that Beck would do everything in his power to restore his mentor's life, thus resulting in a battle against CLU or a battle with Tron that leads to Beck's demise. Or Beck escapes and continues his revolution of Argon to keep his friends safe. Either way, it could fit in fine with current lore. This show will be missed though.

11. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Well, that is a good counter-point. Once Tron becomes Rinzler, it should be pretty easy to let Clu know that "Hey, that guy Beck is the renegade everyone's been looking for".

And I do recall Bartik trying to convince Castor/Zuse to help with their rebellion. Since Bartik is from the area, perhaps he eventually joins up with Beck's rebellion, even though he was working with Clu's goons earlier. Maybe he got wise to what was really going on. Perhaps that's even how he got his facial scar we see in Legacy.

Anyway, that's all just fun hypothosizing on my part, trying to tie little threads together that may never have been intended to begin with.

12. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Sudden and very stupid theory, but what if Beck IS Rinzler? He is using half of Tron's disk. Maybe he got some of Tron's memories with it?

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    No Rinzler Talks in Legacy and it's Boxleinter's voice.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Great season ender, horrible series ender. We need a least a special to give it a proper ending. All we would need is one of those 90 minute dvd specials this episode would set it up well. I hope we get that or a season two because having Clu in argon would make for an awesome season.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Man, we needed all this like, half a season ago.

16. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Oh, look. NOW the uprising begins. It only took a 30 minute long preview and 18 episodes, four of which were two-parter specials!

I kept worrying that Rinzler was being born this episode! And Dyson's back as well! If they don't get canceled, the next season is gonna be good.

17. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Disney strikes again TRON Uprising has been Derezzed... I mean were we expecting any positives when the show was moved to an 12:00 am slot... where we?

18. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Good episode and season finale. Sad to see it's over, but I'm glad they didn't half-ass an ending in there.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh sure, cancel the series just as it is starting to get good again and leaves on an awesome premise. Sigh.

20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems to be happening with every good cartoon nowadays.