Heavy/Scratch: TRNS-01/Arcee W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Budokhan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ladym

ladym Well-Known Member

this is amazing! cant wait to see it finish. more updates hehehe

2. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey Kjyl! Thanks so much for the kind words! :D  Please don't let my mods to her make you hesitate to try my friend ,If you get her & were willing to try to mod her, Id be willing to bet that with a little time & patience, you could achieve the same results I have. I remember a great movie line I heard once that went " What one man can do, another man can do" Give it a shot my friend!

Hey N.H.! Thanks for the wonderful compliments & its always good to hear from fellow toy designers!! :thumb  Just out of curiosity, what company did you work for if you don't mind telling? Its funny you should mention working in the toy industry, I myself have been doing it professionally since 1991 & the last company I worked for was Mcfarlane Toys. Too bad most of us got laid off or Id' likely still be there! D'oh!!

Wow...That is definitely one of the best compliments I've ever gotten! Thank you so much! :D 

Thank you so much & stay tuned, there'll be more soon!

Thanks so much for the kind words! As much as I cant wait to see it finished, sounds like your eagerly rubbing your hands together in anticipation! I'll make sure to post new updates soon! :D 

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Cheers!

~BK

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    this Masterpiece. T////////////////////////////////////T
    take all the time you need, each improvement you do its a blessing to our eyes. XD

4. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just occured to me when reading through this thread for the gazillilionth time, that you've done this wrong.
    What you should have done is build a masterpiece scale tf from scratch, because that's basically what you've done here but on a smaller scale.

5. Budokhan

Thanks so much man! I'm humbled to know that she means so much to you all! :bowdown: 

But then she wouldn't fit with my Classics scale figures! :wink: 

Seriously tho, I had wanted to do a classics sized Arcee for a long while & was kinda edging towards a complete scratch-build but when I heard about TRNS-01 coming out I thought "Problem solved!! YAY!" Then she came in the mail & the craziness ensued....
    Also, I don't wanna spoil anything but I do have a sort of "companion" piece planned for her...hehehe

Wait.....did you say "Gazillionth" time?? Just how many zeros is that!?!?! :lol  JK!

Cheers!

~BK

6. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! She is a beauty!! Sooooo ya gonna mass produce her and sell her to the masses?? :p :scalper 

7. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This soooooo puts the animated Blurr repaint I'm working to to shame. lol Great work so far I can't wait to see this finished. This is one of the best customs I've seen since Predaking X. Should you ever decide to sell this on eBay you'll be a rich man. Hopefully after all the work involved you'll keep it.

8. Budokhan

Thanks for the very kind words! Just to let you know, you just made her blush a little...even I haven't been able to do that yet!! hehe

As far as selling her to the masses goes however, most likely not unless I'm approached by someone willing to to do the mass production. Even then, the figure is sooo complicated parts wise that it'd most likely have to be simplified waaaaaay down to be affordable to customers....& that's not something I'd wanna have done to my Lady & I certainly wouldn't want anything thats less than my best put out there for others to have! I respect & understand my fellow collectors wants & wishes far too much to let them have something from me that was sub-par, ya know? :) 

Thanks for the kind words & I'm glad you like her so much! Id really love to see your Blurr custom!

I once was thinking of maybe selling her once finished but she has become such a labor of passion & love at this point that I would be immmensely hard-pressed to part with her when I'm done. Most likely is like what you've said; she'll have pride-of-place in my collection :D 

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I think the arm update looks okay, the forearm looks off though. it might be the way it's shaped that's throwing it off for me (reminds me of a Golf T)

I'm loving the elbows a lot though. :) 

(not sure if you have this image, just figured it could help in some way)
    [​IMG]

10. Budokhan

11. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Ok stop kidding with us and let's make some resin copies!!!

12. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Excellent, an update at last! This project is the best type of custom in my opinion - both a science and an artform rolled into one and fueled by enthusiasm. I can't wait to see this done - keep it up, man! :) 

13. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how IDW segmented her face. Normally, she's got a smooth, angelic, very feminine face. And very G-1. But the bits would open up when she'd go psycho, making her look more savage and aggressive:

[​IMG]

Ignore the robo-mascara ;) 

[​IMG]

Or, maybe even the WFC version's cuts:

[​IMG]

Either way, I'd definitely add some line work, just to make it more robotic, and to make her fit in with the Classics more.

Oh, and I worked for a small vinyl toy company, making Kid Robot-styled stuff. They're defunct now, and I'm doing grad school at the moment, but I help out my friend who runs Mai Hiro, doing turn-arounds, and designing accessories, and articulation.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    This is spectacular

15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:

16. Budokhan

BIG little update first page gang! :D 

17. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOW...

Just wow... If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say that you literally scratch build that piece of beauty yourself (yes I am aware that it is made out of a crappy figure with hidden potential)

I really love how Arcee is starting to come together, that arm looks buff yet slender and very femminite which works beautifully for the figure.

Also... Gotta LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the fan service, heh heh heh... Anyways good luck finishing Arcee man, she is truly looking beautiful

18. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

loving the update! she is looking so hot! been waiting for an update on this,it was worth the wait.

19. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Truly awesome work man. :) 
    Seeing such clean, well executed mods is really inspiring!

20. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Incredible, that is one gorgeous fembot BK, keep it up!