Heavy/Scratch: TRNS-01/Arcee W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Budokhan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I really like what you have done with her, but I would love to see her keep wheels in vehicle mode just to keep her closer to home if you understand. ;)  I love it none the less. Will you do the same to Paradron Medic?

2. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey gang!

Well, I finally got to a point where I thought I could safely update! The legs are nearly finished & the foot is done. I think. I may change the Toe shape to be more "paddle-like" as opposed to pointed. What do you guys think?

The foot itself was a real pain in the...well...foot. Took me waaaay longer than I wanted to but I think for the most part it came out good. I managed to get the toe to bend upwards pretty far & the ankle joint gave me more range of motion then I had hoped for!

The lower legs were a bit of a challenge as well, I had to repeatedly re-adjust parts of them to get the knees to bend right & also get the proportions I wanted out of them. Not entirely satisfied with the knees tho ( somethings "off" ) & the ankle ball-joint feels to me as tho its back too far where it mounts to the foot. If I correct it, I already have an idea of how...It'll just take me longer to finish it...again...:cry 

The chest/backpack magnetic locking setup came out even better then I'd hoped for!! I managed to eliminate that horrible separation plane from when it was new to having virtually none at all! The magnets snap very tightly together when they're only an 1/8 inch apart & no amount of vigorous shaking will dislodge the parts!! YAY!!!:D 

Feels like I been workin on this thing forever! :banghead: :banghead: 

So gang, lemme know what you think. Thoughts,ideas,crits...Fire away! :wink: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Budokhan

& here's some more that wouldn't fit in the post above!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see it complete.

Btw, take notes HasTak.

5. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

u do such great work ,can't say enuff praise,keep it up man,waiting for more updates cuz i cant get enuff of this awesome-ness!!!

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Good Lord this thing is coming out amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

7. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Damn, the lower leg and foot look so astronomically better than the original...just wow! The added articulation is just pure icing on the cake.

What material is that you used for the sculpting?

I really can't wait to see her finished!

8. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Oh my God those legs look amazing!!! That sculpting is immaculate! It's really hard to believe that this started as a 3rd party product. She has so much word done to her now she is like a completely new, scratch built figure. I don't think any transformer figure (official or otherwise) has ever had that much detail, posability, and care put into their feet before. It is very fitting for the femmbot that never gets any good toy love. I can not wait until I can finally drool over the final product. Great work man.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow, this looks phenomenal :thumb 

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    arcee looking good

11. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Man this needs to be cast and sold to the masses so bad. Insane work man.

12. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    this kitbash makes me feel kinda funny.

Love what you're doing with this bro. this is so impressive.

13. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    re-sell YOUR ARCEE (because it is not their any more) to impossible toys to launch a masterpiece ARCEE G1. THIS i would buy.

14. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, you need to cast a copy for me!

What did you use to sculpt the legs? Such sublime work!

15. Budokhan

Me neither! & far as Hastak goes, I just hope that when theirs comes out it makes mine look like poo! ( but poo in a good way & not the " oh-your-sooo-stinky-I-gotta-flush-ya " way..)

Thanks you very much mah friend! Keep followin' & I'll keep goin! I may farm her out to get painted when shes done tho..
    Hmmmm....wonder who I should use?:inquisiti 

Thanks so much man! That Elita-1 you have is just beautiful! Lookin' at it, you'd never know it wasn't a legit Hastak figure!! Its even cooler that you gave her to your daughter :D  You sir, are a great father!

Thanks for the compliments on the legs! I so want her to be way more feminine than she was out of the box, ya know? The material I used for sculpting the legs is "Apoxie Sculpt" by Aves. Great stuff, cant recommend it enuff! Here's where to get it:
    http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=28&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
    Personally, I like to use either the natural color it comes in or the silver-gray as both tend to show detail better while working!

Thanks so much! :D  I cant wait to get my paws on JAZZ tho, got a list goin' for him already as you know! :lol 

Thank you thank you!!

Thanks so much for the great compliment & lets hope that when the official one comes out,shes so good that I wont have to! :wink: 

OMG man :lolol  You're too funny!
    Comin' from you, a good friend whom I'm grateful to have made & who gave the me the inspiration to get into 'bashing in the first place, this is High praise indeed!:bowdown: :bowdown: 
    I'm goin for the whole "pin-up" feel to her so that "funny" feelin' is a good thing!! :D 

Rock on Bruthu! :rock :rock :rock :music 
    Wow...I just...Wow! Thats one helluva compliment my friend! You really think she could be labeled as "Masterpiece" ?? :jawdropper: 

Wow, thanks for likin' her that much! :D :thumb 
    The legs, as well as all the other sculpted mods, are being done using Ave's "Apoxie Sculpt". I cant recommend this stuff enuff to 'bashers, its so good! Its has a 3 hour cure time in which you can shape it with your fingers or tools & when its cured you can carve it, file it, sand it, paint it & even polish it to a mirror-like finish! It adds x-tra weight too as well as being very sturdy! I love this stuff so much That I'll never use any other kinda putty for bash work again! :thumbs2: 

All this aside guys, I just wanna say that I hope I give all of you as much inspiration to be creative as all of you have already given me!:) 

Cheers!
    ~BK

16. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

this IS a masterpiece,NO DOUT ABOUT IT my man...i think ALL will agree

17. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously, any chance you could show us how you sculpt so clean?
    They give me that feeling I get when I watch a really great guitar player, like why bother when you can never match that. Superb!

18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Huge Kudos for actually making her feet like her animation model has. Arcee does NOT have stiletto heels! (except in recent comics and 3rd-party toys) Just "normal shoes".

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shes now well jointed enough to do some pole dancing :D 

20. Budokhan

WOW!! Thanks man, I think that rates as one of the all-time best compliments I've ever gotten! :D  So okay, she's gonna be a Masterpiece-style figure yet shes still deluxe class sized...would that make her a "Masterpiece-Deluxe"?? Sounds like something from Burger King! hahaha

-Drive thru teller: Welcome to B.K. can I help you?
    - Me : Yes, I'll take a Masterpiece Deluxe, Arcee soda in a Springer kup & a side of decepti-fries! Hehehe

That may be a bit hard.. Lotsa years of experience, very steady hands, a plethora of neato tools, some nerdy lookin opti-visors & a lot of really talented friends here at TFW2005!!
    Wow, I'm like a great guitar player? If so, can I be the Peter Frampton of customizers? That'd be awesome 'cept I don't wanna make Arcee talk like a guitar! ...or.....do i gotta?

Imagine the conversations that'd go on between her & wheelie! :wink: 

Thanks soooo much for the comment on the feets! I always felt the same way you do about 'em, Arcee needed shoes an not pumps for god's sake! can you imagine her in the thick of things only to suddenly stop & say " Oh crap!, hold on everyone, I broke a heel?? hahaha!!

:lolol :lolol  ZomG! Ya know, that gives me a great idea for her base......:wink: 

Also, awesome sig bro, was R.J. EVER really that skinny?? hehe