Travis Knight Moviefone Interview - Bumblebee is a Reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hanzkaz, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When did he say that? Another interview just came out recently saying he had ideas on where he wants the franchise but it will depend on certain outcomes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear GOD I was done with this conversation about two months ago

• Like Like x 7
  5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I was going to say almost the exact same thing.

• Like Like x 3
  6. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Soo... it's both. Still.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Tlk was a failure because of budget to money made ratio

• Like Like x 2
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Why would that thought even cross your mind? Of course I'm not incapable.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  9. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

True-and I was done with it 4 months ago (AMC Stubs is a cool perk to have ;) ). . .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

He's one of some-if I had any influence, I'd go with him again, as well as folks like Kathryn Bigelow, The Russo Bros. (with Kevin Feige as Exec. Producer), Ava Duvernay, Jon Favreau, David Fincher, and the like. . .

• Like Like x 1
  11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This actually ignores the context in which TLK launched. TLK was part of a very, VERY bad streak of horrible movies that utterly bombed at the box office for Paramount. The Last Knight was supposed to be the shot in the arm, the thing that put Paramount back in the black. But it didn't. It took in over 600 million...but at Toy Fair...was it this year or last year...it was revealed that despite bringing in that much, TLK LOST over 100 million in the process. TLK ousted a CEO, killed a billion dollar investment deal with Huahua Media of China, and put Paramount on the brink. It also killed the Writer's Room, which was pretty much responsible for the mess that is TLK.

TLK was a legitimate disaster. It made a boatload of money...but it's a FAILURE because it lost Paramount money in the end. In contrast, while Bumblebee made less money than TLK...it also had a much lower budget. 137 million vs. 217 million. Paramount seemed to be pretty honest about sweeping away TLK, admitting the over 100 million dollar loss on it. While we probably won't know the full truth, I'll take it in good faith that when Paramount said Bumblebee was "Solidly profitable" I believe them.

I can't stress that loss that TLK suffered enough. There was a lot of money going into it. There was an expected investment deal from the Chinese that puffed into smoke. Who knows how much money was spent on marketing? Not to mention any kind of pay offs given to Bay and Whalberg for their involvement in the movie.

• Like Like x 3
  12. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

You know what, I don’t care anymore. I don’t care if it was a reboot, a preboot, a deboot, a shmeeboot, or a smelly old leather boot. It was just a fun movie, and that’s enough for me.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hope it's a reboot, but this was a damn good response on all accounts.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

Hear hear. Who cares what it is? I enjoyed it. And if/when we get a sequel, or at least another film, then the debate will be solved.

15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahahahahaha! What bullshit! It was always a reboot but they didn't want to admit it because it wasn't decided yet if they were going to do a sequel to The last Knight. Either that or Hasbro didn't want it admitted that it was a reboot until they'd sold all their then upcoming studio series toys. Now that that's all done, they're trying to spin all this nonsense without admitting what they were doing.

16. Oceanus Prime

Oceanus Prime Beyond your wildest desperation.

Yeah, I mean, I hope it's a reboot, but only because I think it improves the chances of more good movies. Paramount can make whatever movie they want if it's fun and has a bit of substance.

17. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

That’s definitely possible. I think the simpler explanation is that the scene was already scripted (or filmed) before the decision to go full reboot was made. It’s been confirmed that the film was conceived as a prequel within the Bayverse so those elements are probably mostly holdovers from that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rated X

Rated X Banned

This whole Bee thing is sad. Sad to see that they cant make up their mind WTF the movie is. And the thing thats really sad is that all these interviews, articles, and discussions are happening after the fact. Honestly I think the Bumblebee movie can be whatever you want it to be and they know that. Thats why they answer the questions in riddles. Something happened during the making of that film. Something that they would rather not speak on. But in my eyes, enough Bay elements are intact for it to be a prequel. If its a reboot they did a crappy job because its still tied to Bayverse. Now if they could just reboot the fandom. Thats what really needed a reboot.

• Like Like x 4
  19. PrimeKnightlord

PrimeKnightlord Leader Class

Honestly it was a damn good film. but i am tired of bee using the radio to talk, sure there are points it is funny. but it was getting old. and that he had his voice i loved it.  if there is another film coming... they need to hire up that voice actor again and give it back to bee. and the other characters well thought out. but the fighter jet attacking bee that wasnt really his look as a jet big nono, but the other guys really great look on them and their voices.  xD but it was still good.   and we got to see a better version of cybertron before they all left that place.   :)  here is to hoping we get to see Ultra Magnus soon ...

20. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Amen

• Like Like x 1