Travis Knight Expresses His Interest For Another Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    Additionally, they've been pushing G1 designs so consistently since the mid 00s that they are pretty much the de-facto designs regardless of it being there for the '80s fans.

The fans of Bayverse just aren't that numerous, sad to say. I'd like to see Bayverse concluded via novel or comic because those are generally better than the movies. I like Bayverse more than a lot of people but I gotta say this; it's not a very good franchise, even from the beginning it wasn't that good. Bayverse doesn't even really have that much established lore until the end. I've called Bayverse a poisoned well before and that's the most apt description of that franchise; BB was even harmed by the domestic perception that this was another Bayverse film, and hatred of Bayverse and Michael Bay goes beyond this franchise's fans; a common joke among fans of other 80s properties is "lol if we get a movie adaptation it's gonna be a shitty Michael Bay movie."; even if fans of Bayverse still exist in this fandom and in all honesty they really aren't that numerous compared to almost any other part of the franchise, hatred of Bayverse transcends TF.

Is this bait? It's gotta be bait.
    If not ROTF is a mess on every level of production. The only thing worth saving from ROTF is my big Unicycle boi and Sideswipe but that's only for design. If you think any of ROTF's jokes landed then that's a big oof.

2. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    425D1C82-26B7-446F-8E53-9950D75BCAA2.gif
    I agree that people should buy what they like. The more variety, the better. But then you derailed the good point you were making with “the angry toilet of doom” (sounds like a G1 episode title :D ).

Why are Transformers fans filled with such anger? Everytime someone mentions a little criticism (or makes a joke) they go off like you punched their mommas. It’s okay to not like G1, Bayverse, Beast Era, etc. It’s okay to have fun at the expense of these things. But let’s try not to wish others harm with deadly poo disposal systems.;) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

"My father was the first wheel" is still pretty funny, but that's about it, yeah.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

The lines can coexist - my point is that you wont be able to have the same characters if they share even remotely similar designs, barring the core staples like BB or Prime.

Incidentally, I do find it amusing that people are getting so worked up over this since by this logic, the movie designs would relatively be only be threatened if a concurrent different movie line used similar designs.

You are telling me that a G1 based design show is not in essence using G1 designs.

5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    last thing im gonna say on this and im done, but prowl proves the bolded wrong. just saying. nobody is getting worked up but you

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the interviews I’ve seen with Travis, he seems to really get & like Transformers. And that translated to the screen with Bumblebee. I would love to have him come back for another go ‘round.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Autobot Burnout

...because they're the same guy. Siege Prowl is basically an early version of Cyberverse Prowl if I understand how Hasbro is trying to set things up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Travis should do a BB sequel only if he really wants to. Nothing good will come if he's being pressured by Paramount.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Travis is, as far as I’m concerned, The Last Knight

• Like Like x 4
  10. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I've been waiting for someone to make that joke for months now.

I thought up something along the lines of "After The Last Knight, Bumblebee was The First Travis", but I never had the guts to make it.

11. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

In all honesty I found ROTF funny as hell. I can understand that a certain type of stereotypical TF fan might find typical guy humor disturbing. But im not one of those. If potty humor is good enough for WWE, SNL, and even spews out of the President's mouth, it must be funny. The thing that makes movies fun is the oppurtunity to create situations that could never happen in real life. (Including things to make you laugh) Take all that away you might as well skip the movies and break out a lawn chair in front of your house and watch real people act normal. Like I said before...Booooring !

12. Rated X

I get what youre saying. Its just that the "pro-reboot" portion of the fandom is so vile and filled with hate. They try to tell you what a "good" movie is or isnt like they invented the definition of the word good. I think iced tea tastes like raw sewage but many people think it tastes good. I dont go online and tell Arizona to "reboot" the flavor of their prized drink to taste more like soda. Some of these fans would actually go that far. So its kind of hard not to wanna flush them down the toilet. Ive been called everything from ignorant to moronic on this site just for supporting Bayverse as it is and wanting a sequel to TLK. Im a 42 year old Gwunner but I love all Transformers continuities equally. (Except Bot Bots lol)

• Like Like x 4
  13. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    well this sucks

14. Alphard

News Credits:
    That's not typical guy humor, it's 12 year old school boy humor; reminds me of the kids in TF2 chat around 2009-2012.

Edit: Don't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm just saying that's what the humor in ROTF was. Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

15. Rated X

I disagree with your opinion that its 12 year old humor. Its ANYBODY humor. To say something should only be amusing to 12 year olds is pretty much submitting to being an old fart. (No disrespect) Were a bunch of guys in our 30s and 40s who collect toy robots. That alone should make everyone on this site avoid creating labels on whats childish or immature.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot Burnout

I reject your opinion and substitute Lewis Carrol's

• Like Like x 1
  17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I saw RotF with a friend and he was cracking up at most of the jokes, along with most of the theater. I chuckled at a lot of the stuff I wish they left out. After the movie we talked and I said they should of left out the Simmons butt scene, as an example. My friend replied, "but it worked!" And he was right, nearly everyone laughed. Most of us here don't want to see the franchise used for crude jokes likes that, but for the general audience, unfortunately, it could be a working selling point. Or at least used to be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rated X

So your dead guys quote justifies anyone who found ROTF funny to be immature ?

19. Alphard

News Credits:
    Imo there's different types of childish, and the humor in this is the obnoxious kind of immature, imo

• Like Like x 4
  20. Alphard

News Credits:
    This bold is important. I don't see many people liking it much, and nobody I know thought anything in ROTF was funny. I think perception of the movies changed over time to the point that the crude humor just isn't making people enjoy Bayverse anymore.

• Like Like x 4