Travis Knight Expresses His Interest For Another Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 12, 2019.

1. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like what they did with Prime, make him look G1 but also add Bay elements, same thing with bumblebee

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Unless people are going to say that Last Knight just never happened, there's no way for Bumblebee (movie) to be part of the Bayverse. Last Knight showed Bee and Hot Rod fighting in WW1 and clearly that isn't the case in the new movie. It's no different than Amazing Spider-Man or Homecoming. The movies share DNA because they are the same franchise, but it's quite clear that they're starting over.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Same!

• Like Like x 1
  4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, reading from his quote. I don\'t think he\'s really suggesting he\'ll do another one. All he\'s really saying is he put a lot of thought into his movie and fleshed out past it. But the \"when the stars align\" part of the quote suggests to me that he\'s saying a soft no. He doesn\'t want to shut the studio down if they\'re going to throw a pile of money at him, but no plans for him to do another right now. Does anyone else read it that way?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I do too. IMO the headline's a fine example of wishful thinking; All he actually says is that he has ideas about where these characters' lives could go, but he's also very clear that he always intended for the movie to be a one-off. The way the headline's worded makes it sound like he's banging at the door trying to get in again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I suspect you and I have the same lack of love for the Bayverse but I think we see the remedy differently. Personally, I don't want to see Bumblebee get written out. I want to see him written to be Bumblebee. You know, the character we knew going back to the 80's. As opposed to the Bayverse Bumblebee that was a yellow robot that had NOTHING to do with the original character. I don't even care if he looks like Bayverse Bumblebee and remains a Camaro. I just want him to act like Bumblebee and get his real voice back. I think portraying Bumblebee as a well thought out character would be a better undoing of the Bayverse than killing Bumblebee off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I never saw the need for the movieverse to be live-action G1. From the start I was expecting it to be what it was, which was the same thing all the post-G1 cartoons have done, which is to take the names and core concepts and reinterpret them. But 80s nostalgia has really hit fever pitch since 2007, so things are swinging back the other way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    my personal take in reading it is that he's not banging at paramounts door and paramount hasnt asked him yet, but he'd be open to doing another movie if the circumstances were right (good story, not busy with other projects etc etc)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Hasbro, Let him do it...

10. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He wants to be back? Good.

And at least three main event Transformers movies.

Just start the next movie with an intro showing Megatron wreaking havoc on Cybertron.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Between Lorenzo saying he\'d like to see Knight back if they get the right script, and Knight saying this, I feel good about the prospects of seeing TK back in the director chair.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

As am I. It is refreshing to see when a director actually invests themself into what they're working on, instead of just fixating on any monetary and/or visual aspects. . .I'd definitely welcome it-and even moreso if he's allowed to create away from the mandates of Lorenzo and Bay;) .:thumb  :thumbs2: . .As well as exploring some other characters than the usual suspects. . .

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I get the feeling that he wants to make sure he isn't lashed to the franchise for a decade like Bay was, he still wants to do his own stuff. Since Paramount and Hasbro seem to want a new TF film every three years maximum, which basically means that a single director lives and breathes the franchise without end, they need to organize a proper long-term story planning department and rotating panel of directors like the MCU has instead of constantly winging it like they have so far.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

No, it was because of a contractual obligation;) :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    There’s probably no need for anyone to bang on anyone’s door. I’m guessing Paramount has an option in the contract that allows it to just engage Knight for the next one, maybe subject to his availability. First step is having a concept and a script, and that’s probably the next thing we’ll hear. I’d like them to bring back Christina Dodson too. She seems to get it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Retro Ace

Retro Ace Well-Known Member

The problem is Travis knows rebooting the franchise is needed. But we have to remember, he\'s the director not the producer, he doesn\'t get the final say. But good news is Bay is done with it so Lorenzo will probably have no choice but to roll with it, and he will keep insisting its part of the bay-verse but we all know it isn\'t.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Knight do another TF film. I really enjoyed Bumblebee for what it was but one of the main things that hampered it was the lack of a solid direction over whether it was a reboot or a prequel. I'd like to see what Knight can do with a movie without that kind of thing holding it back.

Reboot the franchise, make it a broader appeal with more than just G1 cameos, and let the Bayverse be forgotten outside of homages or nods and I'd be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    By the way, not sure if this is news but IMDB has Allspark Pictures with an “Untitled Animated Transformers Film” in development. No details but there are producers attached which suggests to me that it’s at least in active development.

19. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About that, didn't Kelly Fremon Craig rewrite the script?

From Wikipedia.
    Maybe we should get her back, too.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m sure there were multiple rewrites and contributors. Dodson has story by credit though, and I think can be probably credited (with Knight) for the decision to treat BB as an actual character.

• Like Like x 1