Transmissions Podcast Titan Wars leaks/rumors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

So your logic is to make a toy that follows the same design as 2006 Hot Rod? Cool.

2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I liked Prime's designs, which had a more organic look than G1 and more visible tech detailing, but they're relatively clean and streamlined. IDW really isn't.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That absolutely does not follow, it was nice when Hasbro did that with the Thrilling 30's theme but the toyline and mainstream fiction don't Always follow each other and they don't need to.

The toyline is broad enough to allow for a variety of sources, and i think that is going to happen with Titans return: the headmaster theme is probably going to take it's cue's from IDW designs or vice versa, while the "movie toys" are probably going to be more based on "classic designs".

And i don't think people who want toys based on classic designs should shove off and pay Masterpiece or 3d party prices for each toy either.
    Not all G1 fans are doctors and C.E.O.'s.

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

...I explicitly said that I didn't want a remake of that figure, but you interpreted as wanting just that. Please help me understand the process upon which you came to this conclusion.

Prime's designs were good. I was even okay with Animated. Both were creative and different without being crap.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

The problem is, they're not supposed to look organic. They're robots
    The ongoing's first designs were horrible, at least in the face, but at least they didn't cheat so horrendously to look humanoid.

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Really? Which Gundam series?

Iconic classic Gundams were as streamlined and devoid of any unnecessary junk as it can be done whilst still leaving a mecha detailed.
    They're in the same ballpark with Studio Ox models for TFs.

Even later Gundams have rather clean designs. They also don't look very human because of their proportions.

If you think that Gundams are overdone, then you should steer away from any modern Battletech designs. They are an absolute peak of junk and panels randomly attached everywhere. Which is something that sometimes I see in modern IDW books when artist goes too far with detailing.

7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    cleaner, more humanoid appearance is all gundam has to offer... at least battletech mechs are somewhat feasible in comparison. people will like what they like, but gundam is more alien than any other mecha to date. even TF's are more plausible in designs and function...

gundam, evangelion, etc... these types of mecha are all humanoid exaggerated proportions more than robotic/cybernetic engineering - it's basically an exaggerated suit of armor that walks in high heels, nothing believable about it.

while none of these exist, some are far greater than others in feasibility, while the latter are fun to put together and paint.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    lol okay... clearly no reasoning with you.

9. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    :D  that's what I like to hear! :thumb 

10. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

XD I need to sig this...

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Only the absurd god powers the 00 Qan[T] achieved through dual GN Drives and Setsuna's magical brain waves are on par with this guy - well, that and SEED's turning of Kira into basically immortal mech pilot Jesus but that's not really tied to the Freedom Strike which, really, is kind of pedestrian these days if it wasn't for the gold internal frame (which ALSO is kind of pedestrian given how much Bandai whores out the multi-color Unicorn Gundam psychoframes)

Aside from the fact they've made like, two full-scale replicas: the standing one everybody knows about, and the "docked" one that's part of some Gundam themed walk-through experience that you can get inside of
    [​IMG]

Or they make kits where one of the biggest features is the insane level of detail in every mechanical part under the armor
    [​IMG]

Or that the original Gundam series itself largely was just based on WWII - they don't even try to hide the fact Zeon is basically Space Germany/Space Nazis and Universal Century itself is just real world history given a sci-fi mecha twist (at least the OYW stuff, since 08th team is the African Front, MS IGLOO/IGLOO Apocalypse is Nazi R&D, not quite sure what War in the Pocket relates to though)

Not for long.

12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I think it's great that despite our differences/arguments, we can all have a good laugh about it.

13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Now I wish someone was making detailed gunplas for the Battletech franchise.
    All you can find are vinyl garage kits and that's if you're extremely lucky... And they're not even remotely in the same ballpark with Gundam kits.

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    "Praying" Please don't let Soundwave be a Metroplex size figure!

15. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread about rumors sure is about rumors now.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    And now to something completely different

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The moment I heard that someone could even SUGGEST that Transformers is more believable than Gundam is...laughable.

Nevermind that a lot of Transformers break the laws of physics most fragrantly, or that a race of sentient, transforming robots is either made from a giant, MAGICAL robot planet, or not, is more believable than robots that at least try to follow some sense of scientific believably.

Yeah, dude. Between Gundam or Transformers, when it comes to believe-ability, I'd take Gundam any day of the week. But that really isn't the point. Why are ANY of us watching Gundam, or Transformers for that matter, for any sense of realism? They're science-FICTION, but have we forgotten the fiction part?

And for the record, as a long time Battletech player and Mechwarrior fan...Battlemechs are shit. We're talking about mechs who's OWN WEAPONS generate so much heat that you need dedicated technology just to prevent the mech from literally frying itself. Also, it's clear in the fiction that the mechs love to dump waste heat right into the cockpit for some reason, so pilots have to wear specific cooling vests just so THEY don't fry from all the heat a Battlemech generates.

What the fuck is up with that, man? You cannot tell me that is in any way, shape or form good design philosophy. That's right, have your war machine literally cook itself and it's pilot. That's real smart there.

18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So, any chance of getting some rumor confirmation sometime soon?

19. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

I second that notion. Because I'm tired of art style wars in here.

20. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NYCC is less than a week away. Pretty much any news will be coming out at that time will confirm / debunk the rumors and I hope people won't lose their heads over what comes out.

Unless someone posts those pics that the source allegedly shared with the hosts.. :lol