TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Adumb

Adumb Sea of Rust tour guide

Ebay:
    As long as the individual bot sizes scale well with eachother it's okay with me. Devastator will usually be larger just due to having a 6th member. Just always liked him to be the biggest and dumbest brute of them all.

2. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

After seeing the color digi pics of Breakdown and Wildrider I have changed my mind and now
    Breakdown is my favorite because the shoulders height on Wildrider needs to be trimmed down a millimeter or two from off the top of them because they are a little high.

And plus, girls like the flashy lambo transformers overs the rest. And of course, I like what the girls like :D ream:

3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My hope is that they are close to Uranos, an inch or two give or take.

4. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Here we go again xD

They aren't even "MP" nor "MP scaled."

They happen to be the same size as the MP car bots - most of MMC's and TFC's chug bots are also the same size as MP car bots - still chug though.

They were never marketed to be G1. Never marketed to be "MP." Never marketed to attract MP-only people.

There has been more and more IDW projects popping up and I am beyond thrilled. I hope to see a 50/50 balance someday soon as all the MP "cool/good" bots are already getting made; which means most collectors are "almost" done with G1. Especially people who only collect season 1.

So that said, I don't except them to scale or be any kind of same size as TW's Devy (which ironically also isn't G1 sunbow - it's Studio-Ox).

5. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know how you can say they're not MP-scale when they're obviously the same height as their Autobot counterparts. When the term MP-scale is used to describe a product, it's only used to determine its capability with the existing scale chart; it's not meant to describe the products G1-likeliness or intuitive transformation.

In my head:
    MP-scale = compatible with the scale chart
    MP-grade (something no one uses, but really should) = compatible with the typical MP engineering and transformation process
    MP = MP-scale + MP-grade + source material likeliness

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Digi

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Drag.jpg
      Drag.jpg
      File size:
      254.8 KB
      Views:
  7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You are incorrect. They've been marketing these to the mp scale crowd from day 1. And the robot modes and alt modes are 100% perfectly scaled to mp scale.

Their is no such thing as MP = G1 only now, nor has their ever really been. That's just something g1ophiles decided and like to still yell about on a regular basis haha.

I'd suggest anyone who insists on continuing to argue against this fact should go look at a certain official Masterpiece gorilla that will be releasing this year.

8. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I honestly don't feel MP scale is strictly related to the chart, especially after Magnus. But the limb bots are all cars with a comparable size to official carbots and they've obviously tried to make Motormaster to match MP10's size in both modes. That's indication enough of MP scale to me.
    The idea of MPs "scaling" to each other was to allow them to display more cohesively. Even if if this is based on IDW and not G1, it still looks capable of doing that. And like I said earlier, Starscream's used his Walmart MP toy as a body, so this thing damnwell can be displayed as an IDW MP with another MP that's appeared in IDW plus it follows the spirit of the line by being true to the source.

9. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Yes. This is true actually. People have mentioned this before, also. In my mind I still think MP=G1. Now that I think about it, wasn't there MP baymovie bots as well? Bumblebee and Starscream?

If they are marketing this to the MP crowd, then that's cool I guess. They won't be going with my MP's though (they'll be with my IDW/chug's!)

When someone makes a proper G1/1984 Stunticon team that's MP scale/transformation/fit-n'-finish; I'll also pick those up to chill with my MP's :) 

10. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a better way to put it. The scale chart is just a nice and solid representation to show cohesiveness of size.

11. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

That, is, fantastic. I may be in the minority but Dragstrip is my favorite figure here.

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I like him as well. I really hope someone snaps a pic of this Dragstrip with Universe Dragstrip.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Digi

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Dead.jpg
      Dead.jpg
      File size:
      271.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cxb452

cxb452 Member

I'm coming to the 3rd party game late, so my POV is a little skewed but I'm really into this version of Menasor. I don't particularly care how IDW or G1 accurate it is because this is someone else's interpretation of the character. I just hope it's not cost prohibitive.

BTW I found a store offering a pre-order for $96. Looks like they're somewhere in Singapore or Malaysia. Not sure about how reputable they are as I've never heard of them before but here's the link:

TransFormMission TFM M-01 Full Set Deposit_Preorder_x2oToys - Malaysia No 1 3rd Party Transformers Shop

15. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's is just a deposit for the preorder. I would expect these guys to be $550+, based on current trends of $100 per limb and $150 for the core bot for gestalts. They could pull a toyworld and surprise everyone with the price, though.

16. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's more like you like the IDW designs for existing well established characters as opposed to IDW designs for newish IDW characters like Riptide, Roller etc. ???

Yes, I'm totally of this opinion as well, but as wide and diverse is our fandom so is everyone's opinion which is fine and dandy with me.

Oh wow, I had no idea they were the same. I seriously though TransforMission was the same as those Transformazing guys who did that upgrade kit for FOC optimus.

Thanks man! this is an awesome graphic to show what they are. I had no idea Wildrider back in G1 toy was actually a Ferrair. I could make out the other guys.

17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I stopped keeping up with the comics around the time that they split into MTMTE and RID (though I did manage to get through the first two volumes of MTMTE) so I've had next to no exposure to newish IDW characters aside from the DJD and Pharma.

18. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Been saying this for a while now (in this very thread even): MP has stopped being exclusively G1 since 2010 (due to the MPM line).

19. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Not going to get drawn into another MP debate... But I will just say... I LIKE BIG BOTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!

And deep down I think we can all agree on that...

Btw excellent work on the digibashes.

20. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

$300 for Motor Master. That's kind of high. He better include all the feet hands and assesories. And the the individual cars should be no more than $70 or $75 dollars. Just like the mp's. :cool: