TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I'm not an IDW fan at all but the more I see these the more I want them. They actually look awesome. It's the first 3rd party combiner that truly appeals to me with something other than just the character. This one actually feels true to the source material, and it's MP scale which is awesome. I'm actually really curious how this thing will look next to CW Devastator. This is one of the few instances where I don't care about the lack of Scramble capability. This thing looks so good it doesn't need it.
    One thing that also occurred to me is that in Spotlight Megatron Starscream's body is based on Hasbro MP3. With that figure and this Menasor you actually have the start of a decent IDW MP collection. I
    Amusingly that 30th anniversary MP fanvote TakaraTomy did had Energon Optimus in second to last, beating out Fort Max.

2. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks, so that makes Wildrider the pick of the litter. And Breakdown coming in a very close second place.
    I can't wait to see some YouTube video reviews of those two Decipticons :popcorn 

3. cxb452

cxb452 Member

Does anyone have any idea on release dates or prices? MP scaled probably means expensive but I'd like to know so I can put money away. And while I'm thinking about, where would an order be placed? I'm guessing someplace like TFSource but anywhere else?

4. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

if i was to guess i'd say preorders will be late march, with a July-August release of the first 2 if we are lucky

5. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so ready for pre-orders. I've been waiting for an MP-scale Motormaster (as well as an MP Onslaught because Warbotron's Fierce Attack is too small) and this rendition is perfect.

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    People didn't know the first two revealed figures were Breakdown and Wildrider?

I literally digibashed them both ages ago lol:

[​IMG]

Since they were the first two revealed they'll most likely be the first two released. And unlike cheems digibashes I've been basing mine specifically off the IDW comics so they're very likely to look almost exactly how I've colored them. Might get started on Drag n Dead now.

7. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jiminy Cricket that's an added bonus of coolness. Even converts to akickass weapons hub/ battle station. I'll bet this thing reads the instructions in the voice of Charlton Heston too. Wow :0 better and better

8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they don't follow IDW's colors. Breakdown's my fave stunticon, but light blue isn't his color. I want G1 dark blue accents. :) 

(As I said, Breakdown's my fave, so if they give him both the weird faux-kibble knees, AND a non-G1 scheme, they've pretty much lost me as a customer)

9. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

Wow, spectacular paint job. These two and I'm just noticing how big and bad Motor master is looking. This is all mind blowing.
    Transformers, up up and away. :popcorn 

10. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Here's Dead n Drag:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Why wouldn't the follow the coloring, if it's completely based off IDW and not G1/1984 whatsoever?

His knees and everything else is 100% spot on. Not everything is for the MP crowd.

I hope their next project is IDW inspired as well :p 

12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Blimey Drag Strip looks fantastic in colour.

Dead End looks a bit plain though, but that's more the molds fault.

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    His knees shouldn't be spot-on, because they changed alt-modes. IDW Breakdown's knees were his rear bumper halves/tail lights, mirroring the CHUG mold. Well, now that's not his alt-mode, and his tail-lights look nothing like that. So his knees shouldn't look like that either----he's got alt-mode kibble from an alt-mode he doesn't have. May as well stick Corvette or Viper parts on his robot mode----it makes no sense at all.

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You know you can simply pretend that the knees aren't car lights and that its just random robot detailing if it bugs you that much.

But the designer clearly wanted the knees to look that way and couldn't take the actual cars rear lights and put them there due to how he had to engineer the design. Just because he had to cheat to get the look he wanted doesn't mean its wrong for him to desire that aesthetic element be maintained. Heck maybe he didn't even realize/think the knees were the car lights and did it anyway completely unaware of the fact. These things do happen.

15. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

I don't know if they even take transformation (for a toy) into consideration when they do transformer art, but TFM captured the look of those bots bang on! Btw here's Breakdown's IDW art.

Attached Files:

16. Tipsycon

Tipsycon Well-Known Member

ah, thanks!:thumb 

17. Tipsycon

Tipsycon Well-Known Member

I like that these guys are on MP scales, but hate that in gestalt mode they will be shorter than TW's cons. Are Menasor and Devy actually on the same scale as gestalts or what

18. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought Devastator was always portrayed/implied to be larger than normal combiners just as Predaking is too. At least that's what I've always assumed but I never really was concerned by it much. I kinda like that TW went 20 inches and that most of the future sets we get will still be in the 14.5-16 range as this one is though.

19. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

That's kinda a head canon thing though. Devastator was the same size as Menasor and Bruticus in G1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TlZ6VXm9s

I mean LOL g1 scaling and all.

He was also the same basic size as Superion and the others in IDW.

Meh. Buy the one you like.

20. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy dig the fact that the combiners dont all have the same height...It only makes sense a combiner thats being made of airplanes to be bigger than one thats being made by sports cars