TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

You’re not wrong because it is your perception but neither are toy fans who didn’t read the comics nor the comic fans who loathe the cartoons. Many collections are reflections of what people perceived as kids based on a hastily slapped together toy commercial. Plus as you can see, the TFM Havoc is scaled correctly to an IDW Masterpiece-sized Optimus Prime...

FC5B5BC9-05D9-45D2-9082-9ACFBED18D6D.jpeg

...based on this one image...

B761126F-3D47-4707-8376-9555E9BFA8EC.jpeg

...or maybe not.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

The only thing that is consistent is that IDW Menasor > G1 Menasor :p 

• Like Like x 9
  3. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

To be fair using G1 for discussions of scale is a moot point, we may all love that show but we all have to admit it is riddled with animation errors, I remember perhaps most glaringly an episode where the combaticons all climbed into Blast Off's vehicle mode AND Onslaught had been accidentally replaced with Bruticus, effectively meaning that, if you take that frame as read not only is Blast Off in two places at once, but Bruticus is smaller than his own left arm.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With that amount of cash you can buy yourself right now... TWO Fanstoys Wildriders (or one FT Drag Strip looking at how crazy these things are getting)... Or a fully complete Stunticon team/Menasor with some of the most fun transformations there are (looking at you TFM MM)... Quite tempting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

hmmm, i mean its way discounted from the original set but at that price, its probably a "no dawg" from me. unless bbts jumps in with a $270 offer in a month. lol. that would be pounced on by me. knowing that the retail in china ~$194 definitely makes $ 360 a "no dawg" moment. wonder how much it'll cose from a taobao seller to get it to the states.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Definitely a fair price compared to what TFSource put out. I haven't seen the price disparity between Showz and US retailers that drastic in a while; is this a typical case of TFSource being greedy or truly the markup that is expected of US retailers? I often see Showz only 5-10% cheaper than TCP or BBTS usually.

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, TFSource has always made stuff way too expensive. Half the time they price it up like 60% and then put it on “sale” at the normal price to trick people into buying. Not to mention they bully retailers like Showz into raising prices. Never support TFSource.

10. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

I haven't heard of this before... how is that done or where can I read about an incident?

11. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

• Like Like x 1
  12. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I prefer the original colors... price is very nice though. The chrome on Drag Strip in particular seems too gaudy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They basically threaten third party companies by saying they won’t carry their product anymore, so that third party company forces other retailers to raise their prices. Showz admitted to it being a thing in their thread, specifically calling out TFSource.

14. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

The electroplated version looks really good! Wish it were bigger, but I'll keep an eye on it - hopefully whenever it releases, I'll know so I can pick one up!

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Yeah the original $600 MSRP for the first release seems astronomical now.

Thankfully I didn't pay any where near that much for my set from Baba.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Wow! I seriously had no idea... that's... just ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dargelos

Dargelos Member

Ebay:
    tfs express has it currently for 224,99$ up for preorder on their chinese site

18. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I've been hoping for this group to start on their version of the Aerialbots/Superion for some time now. It's the only one of the main 5 special teams missing from their stable.

That's been a gripe of mine since the renders were first released. There's only ever been one working 6-wheeled, open wheel race car, and the second generation model that raced in '77 was the last time it was used, so it's hardly modern anymore. The only 2 compromises would be to use a modern 4-wheeled F1 car as the alt. mode, or the '77 version of the P34. I'd have been happy with either of those options over a fictional vehicle.

Don't go down that rabbit hole. There are some people here who are so rigid in their thinking, that anything that isn't a certain scale and G1 'toon arsthetic just doesn't qualify as MP anymore... even actual MP earlier figures. I've learnt in my years that when it comes to people who have an attitude of "there are 2 ways... the way I do it, and the wrong way" about anything, they're not worth the time arguing with, as they're close-minded and won't change their opinion.

If you think something is an MP figure, that's entirely your prerogative... after all, we have MP figures now from G1, Beast Wars, Armada, IDW, War Within and Bayverse (just off the top of my head), so MP is a fluid concept.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. gundamman

gundamman New Member

Hey guys, new member here.  I usually pick up my stuff from tfsource, I am in the US.  I see that this bad boy is available significantly less on showz and tfs source.  Tfs-source has no shipping listed and showz has free shipping.  I recognize that wherever I get it it would probably take forever to get to the us, but in your opinions, what is the best to buy from?  I usually do bigbadtoystore or tfsource.  
    Thanks.

20. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I paid on average 15% off each of them but that was in the days of ebay flash sales and coupons.