TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I have @echotransformer ’s shoulder extenders, too. Really helps with the range of movement and makes him feel beefier and better balanced. Thumbs up from me.

2. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

Thank you! Combined mode doesn't clash as much as i thought with the other bots. And now I'm torn, on one hand i want to get the XTB stunticons to display in bot mode because they look really good, but i probably won't be combining them because i really don't like g1 Menasor. On the other hand I'm tempted by this because combined mode looks really good and i like how he scales with the other g1 Masterpieces, and I'm more than fine with it not being 100% toon accurate, plus I've found someone selling the whole team for cheap so there is that too

• Like Like x 2
  3. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

Really regret waiting so long on these guys. Was looking at picking them up a few months ago but things came up. Had a real hard time finding some place to buy them, but got the whole set headed my way!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starzie

Well, this is lovely. Has anyone used RobotKingdom to buy anything here? It was one of the only sites that had Motormaster, and I thought it was a legit site. Received an email that they got hacked and the payment didn't go where it was intended. Thankfully I did it through paypal so I've opened a dispute on it. Which to be fair, RK told me to do, but this is not what I wanted to wake up to today. Whole thing is super sketchy. Said they would contact me again in a week once everything was settled on their end about my order but I'm not trusting them with my money again. UGH.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

I've used them multiple times over the years, about 2 months ago most recently to get a member of Shuraking.
    I've never had any problems, but I can also say that about BBTS, TFSource, TemptingToys, CapturedPrey, ToyDojo... had a problem from Entertainment Earth (got resolved) and a small issue with TFC Mentarazor which Baba did awesome about sending me a replacement part.

But from what I see on the boards, this doesnt make the ones I've used without problems "better" it just makes me lucky, and I'm grateful.

Hacks happen: Sony, TFS... my university was still using SSN's as ID for test results posted in hallways in the mid 2000's, but only changed it to student ID # (which everyone had well before that) after a bursar office laptop was stolen and confirmed hacked, potentially compromising hundreds of students' info.

I've seen a lot of people opine that it has happened to TFS too many times for them to continue using them, but they're still up and running, still getting business.

This occurence seems more like an exception than a rule, but it still SUCKS. I wish you the best of luck on its resolution and future transactions if chosen. "Trust is like a vase..."

• Like Like x 2
  6. Starzie

I'm a little calmer now then I was this morning. Dealing with issues before caffeine is in my system should not be done and I should know better.

That said, I did look into the site before placing the order, and I didn't find anything that put me off purchasing it there despite how hesitant I was in the beginning. Heck, it's linked here in the seller bar. Sixth sense was a tingling, I guess. As long as they straighten it out and make it right through PayPal, I won't hold it against them too badly at this point. I may give them a second chance if I don't find Powertrain anywhere else. They had him listed at 159.99$ and while the shipping was 50$, I wouldn't have been paying any more than if BBTS or TFS still had him in stock.

I guess I've been very fortunate all things considered. Never had an issue with BBTS, TSF, or ToyDojo myself, but I've always used PayPal for all of my collectible purchases for the added security. Never heard of CapturedPrey or TemptingToys. May have to look into them. How often have you used those two in particular?

• Like Like x 1
  7. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

Honestly, I haven't even looked for Tempting in a long time... dunno if they're still going.

Captured Prey used to be awesome, it's where I pre-ordered my Warbotron back in the day. There was some kind of processing error where it took the payment (for the whole set!) TWICE. The morning after I put the order in, I had several emails/ messages from both the site and the owner saying he had found the issue himself and that a refund had already been put in. I didnt even know it had happened yet. Communications were positive, and his prices were normally a hair cheaper than others.

BUT it has fallen on some really bad times lately. There's a thred somewhere ...
    Captured Prey?
    I recommend going through the whole thing if you can. I feel like most board-goers would recommend not using them for now.

8. Starzie

Found a site for Tempting but there's literally nothing listed for TF. CP doesn't have Powertrain, so a no go there regardless. Robotoy Base has him, but it's another site I've never heard of. Did a search on the boards and people have used it the past but... Recent developments have put me off making any more pruchases for this month, I think. PayPal just denied my dispute on account that I authorized it. I can't even repeal it. Just hard stop, nope, sorry. I can't open a second one either. I did contact Robotkingdom back about it, but I don't actually know if there's anything they can do since they were already asking me to dispute it myself. Which means I'll have to dispute with my card issuer, and after speaking with them, they can't do anything until it posts.

There is at least one good thing that's happened today though. My BBTS order updated their tracking and the other guys are due to show up Monday! At least I won't be empty handed, so there's that.

9. twohip2

twohip2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    am I the only one that really loves the mini Optimus model that comes with these guys? I'm a sucker for gunpla and even the new furai TF models, and a bonus like that packaged for collection in a combiner set gave me googly eyes. And transformable to boot! 8)

10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

I wish it wasn't the transparent version. :/

• Like Like x 1
  11. twohip2

twohip2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    forgot to mention that. Agree completely. But it was still enough to seal the deal on my love for this menasor set as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lol  I never built mine and forgot it even existed. Shows how impressed I was with the figures at the time.

13. Starzie

My Powertrain saga is finally drawing to a close! After being denied a claim by PayPal, I was able to appeal the decision and they have finally decided to issue a refund after Robot Kingdom completely ignored every email I sent them over this. The promised "we'll email you next week about your order" never happened either. Not a great first impression and will never use them again.

On a happier note, I did wind up ordering from Robotoybase and Powertrain is being delivered today! Very happy I was able to get this entire set together even after waiting so long to pull the trigger. Was very happy with the other four figures. I've had a lot of fun messing with them and it'll be great to have the whole team together!

• Like Like x 4
  14. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    I went the other way and purchased Powertrain first and am now working on getting the other bots(only have Revolt so far, but plan on picking up more starting in a couple of weeks).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Starzie

Have you checked BBTS? They had the other four figures on discount when I bought them two weeks ago. It's the only bigger retail website that has most of the members still in stock. I do believe I saw a smattering of those four on other sites but it was only one or two members at most.

Hope you can get them without too much fuss!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Starzie

boxmaster.png

This will never not be amusing.

My roommate made a comment to me the other day when I was transforming one of my other figures that he equates all transformers toys to half a car with legs. I'm leaving Boxmaster like this on his desk so when he gets home it's the first thing he sees. XD

• Like Like x 10
  17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watching Toy Story last weekend, this was the first thing I thought of.

886a609233ca907ac485862de877bea1.png

• Like Like x 3
  18. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

From some videos Powertrain is easier to transform than Roadking, can you confirm?

I'll buy Roadking reissue but maybe also a Powertrain a little later ,because Diesel is a mess in this thing and maybe this one has less problems.
    Roadking is tedious as transformation ,appears long but hope isn't extreme, for me will be one of first 3rd parties ,so compared to other ones ,Powertrain is another good Motormaster?I could buy also him later if isn't fragile and just sometimes I can transform him without too many worries to damage him.
    If you could give some some suggestions, you'd be very kind.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Power Train is quite a number of magnitudes easier to transform than Roadking. RoadKing is 100% Fanstoys full ****** convoluted transformation and hard to handle if you're going in blind. Power Train's trailer portion for the combiner mode is a little tricky, but the truck to base robot components are easy to figure out. I'd say he's one of GT's strongest releases. He cleans up great and looks the part for an IDW Motor Master so he should pair really well with other third party IDW bots. I had a few issues with mine out of the box though.

They're going for two completely different things though.

EDIT: the R word is censored? come on tfw lmao

• Like Like x 5
  20. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey, is anyone not interested in their Powertain anymore and willing to sell?
    I’m looking for one.... it’s sold out everywhere and eBay is way more $$ than I could afford:( 

Doesn’t help that I’m way too late to the party.....

Anyways please let me know me. I live in the US. Thanks