TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

It's uploaded.. YouTube is still "processing" the video. Says its at 28% and it will be another 1/2 hr or more yet!? Sheesh.. their servers must be running slow tonight! I'll do my best to get it live as soon as it's ready.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

Ok so Overturn is coming with spare for the combiner mode ? I could not notice any glaring issues with the combined mode after putting a 1 armed menasor together. All I read was something to do with the back lean or something

3. TransGoJoBot

• Like Like x 9
  4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Great video. This set looks very nice.

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Finally got to play with Powertrain. I'll say "he's good, but..."

I think it's hard to talk about him without comparing him to Fansproject's Diesel, because they do a lot of the same things. Both make Motormaster from the cab and part of the trailer. Both use the rest of the trailer for storing combined mode parts. They even both used Menasor's chest plate for the rear wheel assembly. But the way TFM does it is so much more refined. Diesel was a pain to transform, but Powertrain is pretty easy, maybe even easier than Op Ex. Even the trailer comes apart easier and is easier to convert into combined mode parts. I like the base mode better the FP's "make the leftovers weapons to stick all over him" approach. While both had lots of folding panels out of necessity, Powertrain cleans up much nicer. The front of Diesel's trailer was connected to the back of the cab (the smokestacks were actually on the trailer). GT cleverly made the connection point between cab and trailer Powertrain's waist, so while you can't separate them the cab can turn like a real truck. And everything is in the trailer; no leftover hunk of folded up gun hanging off the trailer door.

As good as he is, though, he's definitely got some flaws. The clearance for folding the top of the cab behind the window for foot mode is wonky. Some of the tolerances are off, too. A good example is the combined mode forearm. When you fold the truck panel over on itself, that tab is pretty loose, but the double-hinged part that sits over the guns is so tight I need a tool to loosen it before I can move it. Speaking of combined mode, the ratchets in the elbow will force the little connector tabs on Revolt to pop out.

Anyway, I definitely like him and recommend him, but I still think Revolt is the highlight of the group.

• Like Like x 4
  6. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

New shin kibble to fix plastic flexing at the ankles and an elbow fix for combined mode.

Definitely agree. Another complain I've got in addition to those you've mentioned is the way the chest shield tabs onto the trailer in alt mode. You have to line everything up just right and if the tolerances are off just a little it doesn't end well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. magisman

magisman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    @TransGoJoBot Thanks for that in-depth review. That was a great job!

Would just like to ask a couple of questions:

1. On the combined mode thighs, I'm assuming there's also a (strong?) ratchet joint outward; and also just confirming those of the thighs flaps on the front and back are to secure each (robot and combined thigh) mode.

2. is there a fear of stressing the rotation joint on the leg, when rotating the shin to form the foot?

Thanks again!

8. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Revolt came today, haven't transform him yet, man the vehicle form looks so amazing! and quite large as well.

Edit: Now that I've a chance to transformed Revolt from vehicle to robot mode, I gotta say it was fun! and the bot mode looks amazing, can't wait to get Powertrain and Overturn to complete this combiner set.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this guy yesterday. I must say I am very impressed. Breakdown and Wildrider were nothing to write home about. Dragstrip was great, but Motormaster was awesome. The transformation through all 3 modes is really intuitive which surprised me. There's a few tabs that don't lock the way I'd want them to and a few tabs that lock too well. The plastic quality is about the same as Dragstrip, durable and flexible. I will say though, going back into truck mode is a bit of a pain if the sword and/or combiner head are not lined up perfectly.

In combined mode, I did have that forward lean that others had mentioned. It's ever so slight, but it's there.

I haven't installed the batteries for the head yet, largely because I can't locate an on/off switch on the head.

I'd say overall, Motormaster lived up to the hype. Stellar figure!

• Like Like x 2
  10. TransGoJoBot

1. Yes, there is a strong ratchet, sorry for not showing that in the review, not sure how I missed it. I didn't test if it was strong enough to hold the leg up with the members attached. I'll get him back into Combined mode at some point today and update this.

2. I'm not sure I'm clear on which joint you are referring to. When you say "shin to for the foot", are you only talking about the black cab at this point and talking about the rotation joint that lets you go into COMBINER FOOT?

11. magisman

magisman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yep, the rotation of the cab area to form the combiner foot. sorry i wasn't clear with that.

12. kamifushou

kamifushou Well-Known Member

The switch is subtle and on the left cheek - was looking for a switch on the back too when I first got him.

I agree the plastic seems durable but makes me still nervous with some parts of transformation. Most notably for MM is the side flaps for the forearms - I end up flexing that piece trying to get the swivel hinge to pull it forward. I also have a really bad stress mark on one of the thigh flaps but I think that was my fault when I must have transformed it to or from combined position without adequately pulling the flap away.

The biggest gripe I have with mine is that the gun's robot mode grip is too loose so when held the gun flops down at an angle. I cant seem find how they put it on there since no screw or peg hole is present on the side where silver bits are. I guess it was a peg that is sealed in there when the gun is put together. If any one has an idea how to tighten that grip I'd be grateful.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
  14. TransGoJoBot

Going strictly off of recollection here, but I don't recall in ANY WAY being nervous of that joint. Its free flowing enough to move just how you need it, yet stiff enough to hold its place. its not as stiff like the joints of some of the other figures. I'll double-check this when I get home later and update you if there is anything I need to change or add, but I think that joint seems very well made.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

Mine just arrived! Just checking, were there supposed to be any mini-optimus parts trees included with this dude, as has been with the others?

Thanks!

16. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
    Nope, not in this one.

17. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

Is it me or does Overturn's plastic seem like more shiny almost Hasbro-y plastic?

18. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
    Noticed that too.

So basically, shin bots, thinner palstic, dragstrip and MM, thicker flexible plastic, and Deadend, shiny plastic....

He's definitely got a clear coat on him.

19. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now the all-important question. When does NOT Dead End (I can never remember their official names) arrive?

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"