TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    same here mate same here

just tried the combined mode on Revolt and i really dig it....so bring them on!!!!

2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Perhaps at the end of July given the release schedule of their other figures...

• Like Like x 1
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    I am just afraid they'll make Powertrain perfect and then rush out the final member and he's going to be junk.

@Transformmission, please make the remaining members like Revolt.

4. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Hahaha, They have to pay more attention to Powertrain! He is going to be complex... So prepare yourselves! :p 

Overturn seems to be like a mix of Disorder and Carnage with a little bit of Revolt...

• Like Like x 1
  5. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    If Overturn turns out to be junk, I may end up with a Menasor without one leg and one arm :( . If only their Breakdown isn't just a lottery when it comes to the paint.

6. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Be optimistic! :) 

I am more concerned with the hips of Powertrain! I want him to have strong ratchets instead of friction joints!

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C'mon... is there a single bot released from this set thus far any reasonable person could possibly call "junk"? Why such a gloomy guss, DC? Do you need a hug? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think the paint issue qualifies as junk in my opinion especially if I end up with one. Plus that feet is just LAZY.

• Like Like x 1
  9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    That Dragstrip pushed me over the edge. I'm perfectly happy with my M3, but I gots to have this. Maybe even just for the bot modes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Good choice!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stygian360

News Credits:
    OK... so your figure in isolation you consider junk... (and you aren't a fan of the feet engineering). I can buy into that. But to label all figures from that run junk just because you got a stinker is kind of unfair. Obviously it's your opinion and I can't make you unfeel it (if you will), but I think if you got a better one you might not be so gloomy about the two remaining members.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Well duh, I think most people will unconsciously think like that when a run has a 50/50 chance of customers getting a bad one. And there's a reviewer called Bot and Bits who got 2 badly painted Breakdowns
    , and he wasn't very amused either. So no it's not just me, in fact you read through this thread, you see plenty of badly painted Breakdowns. There are also good copies of Spinouts, Kronoses, old KFC figures out there even though I think most people will agree have suspect QC, so is it then fair to say that those runs are good?

And I wasn't gloomy about the 2 remaining members, I said Powertrain will probably be good, but the last guy might be expedited resulting in less than optimal QC. Why isn't that a valid guess? After all Generation Toys did rush the final member of their Devastator, and people didn't like it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I'm sorry your figure sucked, but I'm not sure a 50/50 'tuhrrible' run is accurate. I won't argue with you about it though because I can see you're feeling pretty burned at this point and there is little that will convince you otherwise.

16. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Poll! Poll! Poll!

:p 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Well-Known Member

I just got Wildrider (Havoc?) in the mail and it is my first third party TF. I love it in car mode but the bot mode just seems half-assed.

Except for the legs, the rest feels pretty lazy and not really on the level of a masterpiece type figure.

That said, I've heard Dragstrip is much better. I also don't know how often they'll ever be in in mode other combine mode once I have them all in hand. Can't wait to see how they all come together.

18. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Havoc --> Menasor

Disorder is an "IDW MP" figure and is very accurate to his source material! His transformation is not "lazy" at all, at least for me! It is simple but gets the job done!

19. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Well-Known Member

I have trouble keeping the names straight on the third parties. Yes I meant Disorder. Seems like even the IDW version had the doors bend to match his arms. But I understand that would create more lines on the alt mode. I'm also not very familiar with IDW so if they're just trying to match that design then I wouldn't say it's lazy.

I don't have much experience with 3rd parties in hand so maybe it's the norm but the plastic feels thin and more brittle compared to a TT MP. I think that is what's giving me cheap feel. Overall though, I'm happy with the figure.

20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    You probably don't want to read through tons of pages in this thread, but I have mentioned this 100x over myself.

These are absolutely not "MP" quality/fit and finish (and don't even belong in the same category I feel personally. I display them with my IDW/voyager scaled figures).

So I can't blame you for thinking they feel pretty different in hand.

That is not to say these aren't pretty decent quality in general, or are bad figures - they're not. They're fun, awesome and very accurate to IDW.

If you paid U.S prices for these, you may feel semi swindled. They are not worth $100.00 a piece. I'd say about $65.00 ~ $70.00 max.

• Like Like x 1