Transformium and The Allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chainlink, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've seen a lot of discussion about the correlation between the two (and excuse me if there's another thread about this already that I overlooked) and how everything fits together, where the Allspark came from and its purpose, the Creators, yada yada. Do I know? No. But let's discuss the two and their roles.
    So, to quote Galloway, "what do we know, exactly?" How about Transformium:

- Created via Seeds which turn organic matter into Transformium
    - Utilized by the Creators to make robots (Cybertronians)
    - Has the ability to be programmed to take different shapes, but is otherwise lifeless.

The Allspark:
    - From "before time began"
    - Can create worlds and fill them with life.
    - Gave birth to Cybertronians
    - Also creates Energon and can regenerate lost Cybertronian body parts.
    - Power and Knowledge can't be destroyed, but transferred to another vessel.
    - Holds the entirety of Cybertron's history
    - History is now merely legend.

(please feel free to inform me of more info)

That all being said, I think this is quite simple. The Creators initially used the Seeds to make Transformium to make Cybertronians. It's possible they also used it to make Cybertron, though being lifeless, it would only make Cybertron a shell. This gives way to the Allspark. How it came to be is unknown. Perhaps it's always been in existence and the Creators just utilized its power, or the Creators made it for their own needs. Either way, I believe the Allspark to simply be a battery that gave life (and Energon) to Cybertronians and Cybertron.
    At some point in time, the Creators left Cybertron to develop on its own. This makes the Allspark important in another way. I believe to be a sort of "Super Seed". Like a regular Seed, but it can make the Cybertronians on its own and power them to give them life. And so modern Cybertronian history begins. They seem to have lost all knowledge of the Creators, and so blamed the Allspark for their coming into being.

Another point on the Creators and the Allspark: the Allspark records the history of Cybertron. Since the Creators left Cybertron, it seems like it'd be a smart move to have something keep tabs on their creations while their gone (this also makes me feel the Creators made the Allspark. It'd fit in with Cybertronian history as it'd still technically be before time began. Their time, that is). And since its power and knowledge can't be destroyed, the Creators could always locate it again to start over.

As for why the Seeds are needed in the first place if the Allspark can create Transformium on its own, who knows. Perhaps the Seeds were used to just make the initial batch until the Creators could find a better means. Maybe, considering the Allspark's power to make Energon is finite, so is its ability to make Transformium, and the Creators needed to make a bunch to get started. We could even go so far as to say Sun Harvesting makes Energon and Transformium. We've never actually seen Harvesting in action, so it's possible. But this is all speculation.

Well, I think I covered everything. This is just my theory on it. Feel free to poke holes in it or share your own.

2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did find that odd. The Allspark turns inorganic objects into Transformers.

The Seed turns organic material into Transformium.

Why do you need both? Unfortunately, I'm not sure the guys making these movies have an answer.

3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's to not get?
    The seeds make the metal, the allspark gives them life. Not that complex.

4. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Seed supplies the metal, Allspark supplies the life.

That was my take on it.

The Allspark can create life, but without some kind of extra ingredient (whatever that is), the life is animalistic. Or maybe that's just because all of our tech is related to Megatron. Either or.

Transformium does not create life. Its just the metal Transformers need to transform. The KSI-bots are made completely out of Transformerium, they lack sparks, and they don't run on Energon (far as I know). To me, they're not Cybertronians or Transformers. They're a new species all their own.

5. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Transformium is the material. Allspark is the energy source, i.e. what gives them the "soul".

Allspark cannot create transformers, but it can turn otherwise non transforming equipment (i.e wending machine, kitchen appliances) into transformers.

So even though creators had Transformium as a building material, they needed a source of energy.

Now question is, what the hell did humans use to bring their own transformers to life?

6. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it was proven in the first movie that the Allspark doesn't need Transformium. Why go to all that effort transforming organic matter, when metals were already available?

Or did these Creators prefer a more nasty way of getting their materials to doing some mining?

7. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Even if we consider the Allspark as the lifegiver and the Seeds as the raw material, there's still the issue of Frenzy restoring his entire body through contact with the Allspark.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    It makes sense to me that the Creators made the Allspark. If you're going to have an object in your universe that had mysterious origins, then you introduce mysterious "Creators", have the two go together.

I think the Allspark could be a technology of the Creators, just like the seeds. The seeds merely create inanimate Transformium from organic material by starting a chemical chain reaction. This transformium perhaps could be a kind of limited resource that the Creators use for other things than to experiment with creating life. Perhaps they use it in all their society's technology.

The Allspark is more advanced, actually sparking life processes. So it would be much more costly to produce, thus the existence and production of the seed technology. Why build a supercomputer if you only need to do some simple math? It also might not be able to do the chain reactions like a seed, or may only work on metal.

9. MasterZero

Because Transformerium is better. I assume that Earth bots given life are only as strong as the metals they were made out of beforehand. Transformerium is more durable and has other positives.

...Magic.

(Yeah, I don't know about that one. I'm willing to give the new movie some leeway considering I doubt the first movie's writers had movie 4 planned out at all)

10. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

The one big thing I wish we seen in ROTF is the Sunharvester in action! Just imagine a blue beam shot at the sun....draining the light....making earth dark....causing natural disasters.... Making a powerful booming sound.....giving us that "it's over" feeling! That would have been awesome and dark!!

11. gamerdude627

gamerdude627 Superior to the Constructicons

Good read.

12. Sighphi

Sighphi Active Member

This would make sense if it wasnt for the fact that standard Transformers dont seem to be durable in any sort of way. Standard human weaponry has been proven as deadly as their own weapons..... which seems to be just standard human weapons upscaled.

13. MasterZero

We see in the first movie how tough they are. Humans, of course, had to adapt to the new foes. By the time of the second and third movie, all of NEST's weapons are made to be Anti-Transformer weapons. That's why its so much easier to take them down.

14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Except it's not just "standard" weaponry; they've been using armor-piercing rounds and high explosives, some powerful stuff.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I personally think the key lies in the programming of the Transformium.

Stands to reason that the AllSpark can regenerate Transformium that has already been created and programmed (Frenzy). It can also generate Transformium if it comes into contact with an existing mechanical item (which were said to have been based on Megatron's programming).

I'm not saying it's by any means a perfect, flawless system. But I don't get why the premises behind Superman, Thor, Hulk are supposed to be taken on good faith, but the AllSpark/Seed dichotomy is somehow so staggeringly complex that it must clearly be complete bullshit.

16. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Creators created the metal and the all spark I'm guessing, both are needed to create cybertronians

17. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Like a lizard regrowing its tail. Like I said, the Allspark almost has to be able to make Transformium. Whether that be, like you said, regenerating a previous program, or like I said, creating an entirely new Transformer. Frankly, new Transformers need to be made somehow, so the Allspark needs to create new programs for new Transformers.

I'd say animalistic. Perhaps Transformium's established code causes them to be controllable, while ones that are brought to life solely by Allspark energy are more chaotic?

Personally, I find it fun to make connections and speculate on things like this. So I don't at all considering it bullshit. I just find it entertaining to try to find out how all this works.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I do too. But it gets old hearing people say "the writers clearly have no idea what they're doing," when you can point that finger at a lot of other things (including the precious Marvel-verse). Instead, why not take some time and rationally deduce some things?

19. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only issue with the AllSpark is it makes TFs regardless of what they are made out of. The kitchen bots in ROTF, the soda machine, Xbox and steering wheel in the first movie? Sure there are some small metal parts in most of those but besides maybe the garbage disposal bot and microwave bot, everything else was 75% to 90% plastic lol.

But even then, the metal in all of those things was not Transformeum. So if the AllSpark can turn our metals, plastics, transistors, wires and anything else in our machinery into a TF, why need Transformeum at all?

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Actually, it does.
    Remember the cel phone, Mt. Dew bot, and kitchen bots.