Transforming

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transmetal, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Anbody notice that a film called transformers, has way less transforming then I was expecting? I mean, did we actual see Hound, Crosshairs or Drift transform? We saw the chopper but not much else, unless I missed something and don't get me started on the whole morphing thing. Don't get me wrong, this flick had the most action out of any of the other three which was awesome, it's just the transforming thing that bothers me.

2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It disappointed me a lot too. Though the scene that bothered me the most was
    after Ratchet's death, Lockdown transformed off screen. That was the most blunt laziness I've seen in the movie.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, I didn't like the floaty transformium concept at all. They seriously cheated all of that.

4. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Yeah the only "real transformation" i have seen was that of Prime(old and new), Bee (old and new), Ratchet, lockdown and the dinobots. The rest of them use part-formation mostly to cheat on the transformations. Drift, Crosshair and Hound never transform on screen, i think they just don't want to explain what those bags, skirt and clothes pattern of Crosshair and Hound turn into when they transform so that they might have never came up with the suitable transformation sequence for them. Drift probably was design only to fit for the Copper transformation sequence, they just put a bugatti there and say that it was him :lol 

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Drift transforms three times on screen. Into the helicopter at the beginning in the desert, from car to robot when the Autobots stormed KSI and then quickly into a helicopter once inside the building.

6. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Honestly, if I had to pick between showing more of the transformations, and the characters interacting, I pick the latter.

7. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Agreed. Lockdown had several transformations as did all of the Dinobots

8. Minh'T

Facebook:
    yeah like i said AT THE END. He probably was design only to transform into a helicopter, the KSI assult transformation was in the background, they don't have to put much work into that sequence

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They did it in TF1.

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    The part where he transforms right on screen into a helicopter is in the background?

and is that why he was designed with the Bugatti grill on his chest.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

12. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Ya, although I would've liked to see the mechanics that form Crosshair's trenchcoat, the movie was not harmed by it, also there was a fair bit of transforming.

My only problem is at the intro for Drift where he transforms into the chopper and later a jump cut replaces a transforming scene for the Bugatti.

I only nitpick because people who don't know what a triple changer is somewhat suffered, until they saw Drift transfrom from car in the K.S.I building or if they were smart enough to figure it out before hand.

13. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i think this one has the least amount of transformations in it which is surprising but whatever..there were still plenty....by contrast i believe 2 had the most.

looking forward to the usual transformation montage on youtube!

14. Minh'T

Facebook:
    No, the scene he transform into robot mode and burst into the facility behind bee

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the 'cheat' the human Transformer transformations make, a lot of the simplified Transformer movie toys have made more sense.

Though I will admit my brain had a minor lock-up when we first see Galvatron transform, as I was waiting for the typical shift in parts.