1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers you'd like to get a solo movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime Noble, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Apologies if there's already a similar thread but I couldn't find one.

Anyway what Transformers would you like to see or think should get solo movies?

Soundwave. He's an interesting character in his own right, but feature a few of his cassettes and their interactions could be interesting. I could see Rumble being funny.

Now that the Bumblebee movie finally got his voice G1 accurate, it would be great to hear him in an active role. What kid or even adult wouldn't love that voice? I'd imagine a voice changing helmet would sell out.

Barricade.

Whirl.

Prowl.

Ultra Magnus.

Thundercracker.

Sunstreaker with Hunter. Be an interesting secret identity/buddy comedy/super hero movie.

Anyway, who would you guys like to see or perhaps more importantly, would work?

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I would really like to see spinoffs for Jazz and Ratchet.

3. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hound and The Wreckers.

4. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland there's no rest for us

Erector

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    None. They need to be teams.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't want anyone to get a solo movie. I want these characters to interact with one another.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I still want a Wheelie/Brains movie where they set up a detective agency and Simmons keeps trying to weasel his way in.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Doesn't care to bother aiming

News Credits:
    No solo movies! Transformers shouldn't focus on 1 character. TransformerS is plural, it's not called Transformer. 2 armies, thousands of robots fighting a war. You guys have all lost your way & forgot what Transformers is about.

This is why I say Bumblebee fucked everything up. Savior of the franchise MY ASS! Bumblebee has got you all focusing on 1 character now. What about all the other characters? They only get a split second like Wheeljack, Ratchet & Arcee?

Leave the solo movies to solo characters like Batman or Superman or Spider-Man. Transformers & GI Joe should never have solo movies. They're both about armies.

9. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus/Optimus Prime team up movie.

10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    G1 had tons of episodes that focused on a single character. And the franchise has always had lead heroes and villains who get more focus than the others. The three characters you mentioned have always been supporting roles. Honestly, I'd even go as far as to argue Transformers isn't really a true ensemble franchise. In Avengers, the superheroes all get pretty much equal screentime. In Transformers, we usually focus on a couple main robots, while most are supporting/background characters.

If Bumblebee has ruined everything by making us focus on one character, I'd argue something like MTMTE/LL has done the same amount of damage by conditioning people to think Transformers needs to have a large cast of minor characters to be interesting. I'm not saying that method of storytelling is a bad thing at all, but I see that mentality pop up far more in the fanbase.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:

Listen dude if you were as big of a transformers fan as you claim to be you would know that there has been many solo transformers adventures in both cartoons and comics.HELL Powerglide had an episode where he got his own human girlfriend

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I mentioned before that I think Optimus would be the best choice to do a solo film about. Not saying he would be the only autobot... but make the focus on him.

If I were doing it I'd make it a cross between Rambo and Die Hard. Optimus receives a distress call from alpha trion's ship, which was lost millions of years ago (in fact that's why he had Bumblebee go to Earth... it was one of the places Trion might have landed). He and a crew of autobots, including Ironhide, go to investigate and end up in a Virginia mining town... Trion's ship landed there millions of years ago and the mining awoke him. But Shockwave detects the signal too and gathers a team of decepticons to investigate. Shockwave was Trion's old student and Trion holds all the collected knowledge of Cybertron... including their most powerful weapons. The Cons (all ground based) attack and kill all the autobots save Optimus and Ironhide but Hide is damaged badly and can't even move. Optimus retreats into the town but Shockwave decides to siege the town, knowing he can't risk a full on attack as it might destroy Trion's ship.

Optimus reveals himself to the town and must work with the humans to try and find a way to get help. It would be Optimus on his own, using his wits and skills to take out an army of Cons. Trion would be awaken and offer guidance, as would the wounded Ironhide, but it would be Optimus' film.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus/ Team of Aerial Bots/ Stunticons or Combaticons

14. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, its not like they would HAVE to be the ONLY ones in the movie.
    Even the MCU has its solo film characters accompanied by other cast. The point here is that these solo films would have certain characters be at the center to allow more character development.

15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will you get out of here?
    Sorry that we want fleshed out characters! Damn!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None. These movies need to be ensembles... and the why of it shouldn't have to be explained.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    A Megatron solo movie based off Megatron Origin and Chaos Theory would be wonderful.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Arcee should be in a Solo movie because Lando needs a new girlfriend.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Tprime

Tprime Active Member

I think a Hot Rod solo would be cool. But a Knight G1 Hot Rod version and not a Bay version

• Like Like x 1
  20. SoundSlash

SoundSlash Our war is just finishing up

If we were talking of Bay's universe then I would've liked an Iron Hide movie of him before the war and what he did when it started.

• Like Like x 1