Transformers you kick yourself in the butt for selling or giving away...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by EmperorDinobot, Sep 21, 2011.

1. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I'm sure a ton of you G1 kids are gonna have a ton of stories from all perspectives such as "I went to high school or college and mum tossed them into goodwill or to the poor kids down the neighborhood". Or "I needed to pay fees and I sold whatever I could but now I got them back kind of stories".

I apologize if a similar thread occurs in this forum.

I for one have always kicked myself for selling my entire Energon collection which included almost all Decepticons except for repaints...And for selling Universe Skydive which was a better color than the original BM Skydive which I recently acquired. Same TF, different colors...I also regret selling G1 Topspin and Twin Twist, and my Energon Combiners...

Heck, I...shouldn't have sold any, but my...lover had issues and manipulated me into selling a big part of my stuff. I guess it helped because it opened space for the movie TF's. Still...I lost Energon Mirage, Shockblast, and others...

Not to mention that I ultimately eliminated G1 Flywheels from coming with me on my 2000 move. That's when I re-started my TF fandom. I also regret leaving my McD Armada tf's (sucky as they were) on my mum's hands. They...left the building.

Other than that, I now often struggle with decisions of 'who do I sell who I don't, who should I keep 'till they become more rare or expensive', so share your stories of demise here.

No, I will NOT sell my TMII Megatron or my BWNeo Galvatron.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been lucky in that I've managed to hold onto my shit, but their packagings... not so much.

When I moved a few years ago, my parents threw all that shit out, and since it was pretty much the last thing on my mind, I wasn't able to prevent it, and didn't even realize until after the fact.

3. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Black Battle Convoy and Baldigus. Maybe next year I'll get them back.

4. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    MP-04

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I had to sell Star Sabre & Victory Leo a few years ago to pay for a new transmission. The total on the parts and labor came to like $950 or so. What really sucked is that two weeks later the car got hit by a drunk driver and was totaled. If I weren't so confident in the amount of money I'm gonna be saving once I move, my current sales thread would be on this thread as well. I'm getting rid of a sub-collection that took me about ten years to complete.

~Z

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    It seems I sold G1 Grimlock years ago at the fleamarket. How could I?!?!

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    80% of my G1 collection.

Sure it was back in the day when I was about 14 or 15 but, they were in great shape and would be awesome to have now, including my complete OG Devy.

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Well. I can't remember what happened to my glory day's transformers when I was younger. But..as for recently.

I traded off:

Classics Prowl
    Classics Galvatron
    Classics sunstreaker
    Classics Ironhide
    RTS Wreck Gar

If I would have known how rare those were, I would have held off and gotten better transformers in trade or even cash

9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    18-years ago- I let my girlfriend's little brother (who was 16 at the time) borrow my minty G1 Jetfire, sans armor. He was really into engineering and design, so I though it'd be cool for him to have something well made to study.

Shortly after, after 3.5 years together she left me for someone else. Granted it wasn't on my mind at the time, but I really miss that toy now.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I gave away a huge collection G1 transformers before I hit high school. How would I have known that 9 years later I would have been a hard core collector?

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My classics stuff, :( 

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I wish I hadn't sold my Movie Evac.

13. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I was just thinking of this the other day.

Sold my Botcon 2006 set in 2008, when there was virtually no demand for them (Shattered Glass had just happened), for a measly $325.

Because it sold for so little and I needed money, I then sold my bagged Botcon 2006 Laserbeak/Buzzsaw for a measly $150, because I guess no one wanted those back then either.

:'(

14. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie voyager Blackout. :( 

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't sold any TF's off, but I am slowly going through loads of stuff on eBay.

Soon (ish) I think some Armada/Energon/Cybertron/Crossover stuff will find its way to eBay. Honestly I can't see myself selling any G1 stuff, especially the toys from my childhood.