Transformers x G.I. joe collaborative Hiss Tank Megatron and Baroness

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 23, 2022.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

It's better than expected, but fails on some levels...

1) What happened to Soundwave??? Hiss Tank SW is literally a featured character in the Earth Wars mobile game. It's not like Hasbro forgot. What happened here?

2) The only reason to pair Baroness was to tempt Joe collectors who need her, but have no use for the tank.

3) Hollow as heck, and clearly had stability probs in the Pulse presentation. Yeah, early model, I get it ... but u need to understand my absolute lack of faith that Hasbro can deliver a stable, non-floppy figure. I buy ML figures & TFs. Im familiar w how little Hasbro gives a f#ck. :eek:  (buy some display stands! New: Hasbro nail polish for loose toys!) :rolleyes2 

This looks neat; not $90 neat. Everything on Pulse "sells out": Hasbro understands FOMO (they even include the acronym in their newsletters! :rolleyes2 ). I'll wait for the SW version in a few months.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is a fair point and I have a couple of the other crossovers. Ya know, it's not an amazing Megatron but its still a decent Megatron that turns into an awesome HISS tank. I'm starting to come around on this guy. Dang it, I'm not 100% but I'm placing a pre-order so I'm not locked out!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Wait for eBay: every collector will attempt to recoup the immense expense by scalping her.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love it, not perfect but looking at the design, the way the shoulders stick back, could easily be retooled into an evergreen Megatron, really want a voyager or leader of that design. On a separate note, for people who don't like the back kibble it seems it Will come pre-removed and at least he has a good size to him

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

That would be a more difficult figure (Transformers struggles with jets at the best of times) but I wouldn't rule it out. But I think Optimus is the most likely next one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I'm not even that much of a Joe fan, but I'm in. Finally, a tank that feels halfway worthy of being a Megatron altmode.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

I'm down but what would Optimus turn into?

• Like Like x 1
  8. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

Instagram:
    VAMP

9. Novaxmaximal

Novaxmaximal Senator Shockwave fan

News Credits:
    I doubt it

10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    He’s Commander-sized, which is part of why he costs so much. You’re paying full price for him and half price for the Baroness, so technically some money is being saved if you buy this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Authentics inspired engineering, POTP leader sized, WFC hollow limbs… at the new Legacy Commander Class price. :p 

Baroness is a freebie.
    :confused2 

• Like Like x 15
  12. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still not worth spending the money IMO. Don’t like the massive hollowness and the fact that it’s almost just the ER Megatron with a HISS shell…

By no means am I saying it’s not cool in concept. Execution sure could’ve used some work though. And while many of the collab figures haven’t made fantastic boys, given what they had to work with, I’d say they’ve done pretty good for the most part, Maverick being the standout for most WTF was Hasbro thinking collab. I think Ectotron and Gigawatt have very solid robot modes. X-Spanse could have used some improvements, and JP93 is alright. Gets the job done, but I think there were sacrifices made where it wasn’t necessary.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    I’m not sure. Maybe a Rhino?

14. Houndini

Houndini On hiatus until someone cleans up this cesspool…

Commander cost, yes, but I very much doubt he is commander sized, and he definitely doesn't justify the price imo. Jetfire, Sky Lynx, and (with his accessories) even Rodimus have way more plastic mass that this guy does. Plus all of those figures have much better engineering, articulation, and paint, whereas HISS Megs has very little paint, not very many accessories, a ridiculous amount of kibble and hollow spots, and overall just looks like an outdated figure from the CW era.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Exactly, definitely far from perfect, but it reminds me a bit of Ectotron (who also lacks modern standard articulation points and wears his vehicle mode on his back). I see it as more of a ARAH Hiss Tank that just so happens to turn into Megatron instead of a Megatron that turns into a Hiss Tank (it's a semantic argument to be sure, but considering it was revealed during a Joe stream I see it as more of a Joe product than a Transformers product).

• Like Like x 3
  16. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    I was not impressed:

D6DC9C5D-5EAB-4651-8058-6C3BF3DB906C.png

Oh well. Plenty of other great figures to buy next year.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People need to understand that this may NOT be designed or on the budget of the Transformers team. This has happened in the past with the Star Wars and Marvel Crossovers where other teams came up with the toys with help from the TF team. We don’t know for sure, obviously, but it definitely looks more like a GI Joe team creation than Transformers. I’d also wager they have a lower budget as well, if that’s the case.

• Like Like x 7
  18. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1985-Me called and said two words: HOLY SHIT!

So many people picking this thing apart. Get in touch with your inner-child. This is awesome, and just about every one of us would have said so in 1985. We are living in great times from an 80’s-kid point of view.

• Like Like x 10
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not commander size, prime wars leader size. Except somehow twice as hollow.
    985A1CEA-C8E0-4EB8-9E0B-9A7D86D32FD8.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  20. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Another issue is that they're trying to do the G1 Megatron design-- where the chest is completely divorced from the transformation scheme, so everything is thrown at the backpack... except it's also trying to fit in a cockpit too, so now he has to distribute the kibble throughout the limbs and as a result it just looks... like that. The Hiss Tank Megatron has this uncomfortable Bold Forms energy to it, except I can kind of excuse Bold Forms because the entire company was ran by one guy (their output was still garbage, but as a one man show I can't help but to respect the effort put into it.) Also, it's very obvious that they have not learnt the lessons from Titanium and those early 2000s crossovers where you actually need someone in the Transformers team to do the engineering work and not outsource it.

But I wasn't born until the 2000s!!! Real talk, I wouldn't mind if it was 40 bucks... but for 90 I honestly expected better. For 90 I could buy a commander class toy and still have 10 bucks left.

• Like Like x 14