Transformers x Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xdmisato, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    Hasbro right now:
    [​IMG]

Wal-Mart right now:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 22
  2. rich24

rich24 Active Member

I was excited about this but the windscreen ruins it. A shame as such a strong tie in figure requires the alt mode to be good.

3. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

There has to be something different about the Walmart version though. Otherwise, once opened, there would be no way to tell the difference between the two.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    You know, when a kid keeps sticking marbles up his nose, they eventually take them away. Not so with businesses, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    the only difference is the license-plate sticker (assuming its a sticker not printed) on the box

if it were anything more than that people would be rioting (moreso than now) over such a limited run

6. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Hmm although, tbh, I kind of suspect these 1985 pieces were originally slated for SDCC, so the sticker may be it... probably weren’t planning on announcing Pulse release until much later.

7. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    The snipper bots will have them all bought on low latency business fiber connections before you can even click the "Add to cart" button on your residential internet connection. They have it down to a science. For those few that do succeed the normal way, they will be the lucky ones. The bots are refreshing the page constantly and will keep doing so till they succeed. We poor fleshy bags of mostly water have lives to live and cannot sit refreshing the webpage for the next 24-32 hours(?) hoping to win out. I will try in the morning at 1:00am as I will be up and tomorrow at 1:00pm to see if I win the lottery; if I do not I will not loose any sleep.

8. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are only two mass retail B&M toy stores in the US. Hasbro has no choice but to deal with them both.

9. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I saw the same thing. Since the anniversary is tomorrow, it makes sense that that's when it will be released. However, it could also be released today as they botched a few other releases already. Walmart has trouble with updating their mesozoic era website so either is a possibility.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that's discouraging.

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Anyone who'd care enough to buy a version that's specifically numbered would likely be MiB collectors. And anyone who'd care enough to buy the numbered version BECAUSE of the number will likely be MIBs themselves who won't open it.

I mean, that's literally it. A packaging variant. It's not even a new idea. My AoE Strafe is the TRU exclusive that came with a little mini-con pteradon but you'd never know that and I keep forgetting because the only thing that was different was the card he came on.

12. MJY78

MJY78 Active Member

I quite like it, though I agree that the windshield looks terrible.

Seeing that this is in G1 style packaging like Ectotron, I guess the Top Gun crossover is more to do with the upcoming movie rather than pure 80s nostalgia.

13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

14. Reflector Prime

Reflector Prime Well-Known Member

I too hate snippers.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Dude you should probably step away from the computer and take a break, your posts in this thread have been increasingly rambling and fatalistic.

I don't recall having any such problem getting Ectotron from Pulse, so if you fail to get a Walmart listing just sit back and wait till October and you'll have one then. Odds are the people who land one in the next few days will be waiting till then anyway.

Also it's really weird you go on a rant about how Walmart sucks at shipping collectibles and it means they're all going to be destroyed and then go on a rant about how "snippers" are going to gobble up all the stock for their nefarious ends.

Wouldn't those two things add up to a bunch of "snippers" with beat up unable to get much value out of the item since the only people who'd care specifically about getting a numbered version would also want the mint box? I mean, if you know all this, then it's not like they won't already as well. It's their business too.

Hell, it's likely none of us will get one till October anyway. So now these "snippers" are sitting on a bunch of damaged stock that's unappealing to MIBs who'd be the target audience...meanwhile everyone else already moved on to Pulse/etailers to get one and will have theirs in hand likely at the same time the "snipper's" stock comes in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Don’t put marbles in your nose

Put them in there do not put them in there

Marbles in your noooooooose

Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  17. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Bought.

• Like Like x 3
  18. fedgez

fedgez Well-Known Member

The shots in the smoke effect with purple glow.

Either there IS a plastic windshield and we are getting trolled by the other photos, or someone edited that in. To me it looks like there is a plastic surface there. Maybe someone is having fun with the sheep?

19. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    if they were originally for SDCC there would have been a lottery to get a chance to buy one since that's a paltry number available...I think Lego and some other brands do similar ultra-limited runs for SDCC so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that was their intended use...

with such a small number though, I wonder why they didn't just give it to a fringe outfit like NTWRK instead of the largest mass-retailer

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    This is the laugh everyone needs right now.

• Like Like x 1