Transformers x Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xdmisato, Jun 24, 2020.

1. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was, post #4.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this how all the events went down leading up to and after Gigawatt’s reveal.

February 2nd, 2020 the Youtuber Gotbot posts a video of a bunch of listings of upcoming product in TRU CA’s system and one of them is titled Tra Gen Project future deluxe.

May 24th, 2020 Listings for Tra Gen project future deluxe was found across various versions of Amazon.

June 24th, 2020 Hasbro announces that they will be doing a TF x BTTF crossover and the fandom puts two and two together.

July 2nd, 2020 Amazon Spain accidentally put the product description out for Gigawatt a little bit early.

latter the same day Hasbro revealed the limited edition version of Gigawatt that would be exclusive to Walmart. They also announced that a more widely available Fan Channel version would go up for order in October later this year and would be available on Hasbro pulse and other specific online retailers.

July 30th, 2020 UK distributor ABGee accidentally revealed the fan channel version’s stock photo and was taken down the next day after it was reported and front paged on this very site on July 30th.

• Like Like x 9
  3. FireSkyJet

FireSkyJet Deculture!

I'm pretty saavy finding things on the interwebs, but you always amaze me. HA. Great info/timeline here.

4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently, they're (that is, Spyglass Studio, and producers James Wan and Michael Clear) are working on a Knight Rider movie. Apparently it will be 'set in the present' (kind of like the latest Ghostbusters and Top Gun movies) but I imagine we could get the original K.I.T.T., at least as a cameo.

I guess that may satisfy the 'movie vehicles' (I'm not counting Knight Rider 2000) only rule. So, hopefully, we finally get that K.I.T.T. Transformer to join Ectotron, Gigawatt and Maverick.

• Like Like x 6
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    How many mutually-exclusive Knight Rider continuities does that make now?

• Like Like x 1
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    ....when was there ever a "rule" that it has to be movie vehicles? It's like claiming that Studio Series is only Bayverse. They could TF x Oscar Meyer and give us a Wienermobile bot if they wanted.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFormers used tfwiki as a news source?

I lost track :lol 

I know Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, and the most recent Knight Rider TV movie/series were all separate branches from each other and don’t coexist. Knight Rider 2010 is Knight Rider in name and basic concept only. I didn’t know about the new one.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

There's a concept I never realized I wanted to see happen.

And now I'm going to obsess over it.

• Like Like x 6
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Each and every one of my absurd hypotheticals are meticulously selected to generate the most amount of fan support.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

You may just be doing better than Hasbro. At least in this instance. They couldn't possibly find something so absurd that people would still want.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just going by the first three releases, and what they appear to have in common. There's no actual confirmed rule that I'm aware of, but the current Crossover-bots seem to be based on movie vehicles. The rumoured Terminator and GI Joe Transformers could also possibly fit in the same category. I'm going by the theory that, that's what Hasbro are limiting themselves to, for now.

Don't get me wrong, I want my Airwolf, A-Team van and Street Hawk Transformers, as well as K.I.T.T. (not to mention Supernatural's Impala), but I think that if there is a previous successful, or/and upcoming movie involved, that may increase the chances of getting a related crossover figure (Basically, the big money is often considered to be in the movies, so maybe there's hope for Dom's Charger and the Bond cars, too:) .) IMO.

That's why I'm pleased there's a new Knight Rider movie planned. It might not be that good, but if it gets us Autobot K.I.T.T., I'm all for it.

Hopefully at least one of them exists in the Transformers multiverse.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mugen Power

Mugen Power Well-Known Member

Do you think they'd base it off of one of the Megatron tank models so instead of having a cannon on his arm, he'd have a... wiener...?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Are they really keeping the windshield like that? I always assumed the toy just wasn't finished yet.

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The toy is finished, the windshield has to be clear because it shares a sprue with the clear part on the chest. Darkening the window means you won't be able to see the flux capacitor on the chest

• Like Like x 2
  15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Oh, then why not add some plastic in another color and make us pay more? I'd rather pay more and have it look awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    You would. But maybe they ran the numbers and they didn't think enough would.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Go to see if William Daniels is still alive to voice KITT, wind up looking up the Boy Meets World cast for reasons I'm not even entirely certain of. Find my way back to William Daniels but trying to find a video of the saltpeter song from 1776. Damn Internet needs an ADHD filter.

"Are you sure you want to watch a video on 'The Egg'? Weren't you looking to see if Mr Feeny was dead?"

Even by that, there are ways to inject the same mold with two different colors of plastic. It could be done but it would be more expensive from the production side of things. Ultimately, it's a disappointing flub on Hasbro's part to just assume consumers would be okay with it or find their own work arounds. But they do so on pretty confident history.

Perhaps [and it won't happen because we're all eager for it to be relisted] if no one bought the figure on the next listing, they'd get the message. More likely though they'd do something shittier like make the next car perfect, a solely WalMart exclusive and limited to 2000 pieces with no second run. And justify it on, "based on previous numbers..."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Gotta be a Scattershot retool, literally...

19. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Don't forget Viper, the Knight Rider "spiritual homage".

• Like Like x 2
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    It's hilarious when people get so wound up over stupid stuff they start *inventing stuff* to get themselves even madder.

• Like Like x 1