Transformers x Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xdmisato, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Don’t worry, it’ll be easily available, everything has said there’ll be a 2nd run

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Glad you enjoy my videos. I felt the rant was warranted because of how messed up this was handled. I agree that no one will want to pay $700+ for Gigawatt, but I do think that they are more than likely legitimate sellers based on many of their reps. However at the end of the day, I do hope the scalpers get screwed on this one. All the reporting on it indicated that it was a limited run, but less than 2000 pieces is ludicrous.

Regardless of whether or not this was only for the limited edition version or not, Wal-Mart dropped the ball here still. Limiting them to 12 instead of a lower number like 1 or 2, website glitches and errors, giving incorrect release dates for when the pre-order was set to go up, it all caused quite a stir. People were leaving comments on my previous video about how they felt screwed over. I was hoping for a bigger release since both Transformers and BttF are beloved franchises. From the looks of it, October will be that time though I am curious about the differences because fans were so looking forward to this.

Yes, my local stores are the pits and that's not just confined to Wal-Mart. Target has gotten to be just as bad. I honestly don't know the reason why.

• Like Like x 7
  3. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

i want to see a repaint of this in the colors of the BTTF animated serires verison of the delorean 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vidikron

Vidikron Well-Known Member

All this debating and arguing over availability or whatever. That hideous windshield ruins the whole thing anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

If there is anyone in this thread that bought one on ebay for $400 i would like to ask why? Im not gonna put you on blast or roast you but just why? Like your honestly paying for a number on a box. Thats it. I literally cannot understand why pay that much if you receiving it the same time as everyone else who payed only $30 for the regular version that comes out October 1st. Regardless, even IF we were able to all buy one from walmart yesterday we still have to wait 3 months to get them so Im not upset about missing out anymore. Im just disappointed that people are giving power to the resellers and not having patience. Paying $400+ wont make the figure come to you any faster than said date when it will ship which is October so...yea idk there loss i guess lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    There's not enough popcorn in the world for this thread.

• Like Like x 11
  7. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:

lol "Giving Power" to the resellers. More like giving money.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

The rant is justified, I think.

We have people spending $100 on the Target Seekers, and those are less limited. And there are people out there who can swing $100,000 on a Tesla, for whom a $500 drop isn't a big deal. It is totally worth it for scalpers to corner this market because 1) there is a non-zero chance fish will bite on the big price tag, and 2) once in hand they will be able to sell most of their stock for double or triple the normal price. The WalMart system absolutely facilitated scalping, and defeats the entire purpose of doing a fan exclusive. Does anyone think WalMart needs the $59,550 gross they made off selling 1985 Gigawatts? Of course not. The idea should be to build a relationship with the fans, to generate some nice PR and make them the place to stop when looking for Earthrise Cliffjumper instead of going to Target or Amazon or BBTS. But no, they just screwed over their target audience with that strap-on from Se7en.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I think he just meant that a media crossover would work, seeing as F&F is a very wacky series to the extent that having the Transformers in a comic with them would probably work pretty well.

10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    F & F guys would be better suited to mask I think, all you have to say is Matt Trakker recruits them for his team because of their insane driving skills. Easiest setup ever.

• Like Like x 7
  11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might get the Transformers Delorean though I would pay the regular price for it. The Ecto-1 wasn’t that hard to find.

12. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

True, probably the arms folding into the windshield like most bots do. But still that part looks like an eye sore the whole car looks great just not the windshield. Might just be a nitpick. Most probably just paint it black or wait for someone to make a sticker for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    A car that punches people, shaped like the rocket he was shot to Earth in as a baby. Supes got some issues. SEE A THERAPIST, KAL!!!

• Like Like x 5
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    abandonment issues hit hard, just like his babyspacepodcar

• Like Like x 4
  15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I would just add another voice to the chorus asking who the hell approved that clear windshield with such a distracting mess behind it.

The Walmart-doesn't-actually-carry-toys-anyway angle is basically "Water Is Wet: Part 52238215."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    I wonder if he’s upscaled at all from the base engineering of Siege Sideswipe. Probably not. But it would’ve been nice to have it a bit larger...:( 

17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    MV5BODdlNzJlYTYtMTdhMS00ODRlLTk2ZmMtMWIzZWQ5ODJjMTg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

I never paid attention to the oddly chosen green highlights until you removed them.

• Like Like x 7
  18. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don’t trust them...They’re from the future and don’t exist yet...

• Like Like x 2
  19. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    It would be nice but I’m happy it’s not going to be too big, a deluxe is much easier to fit in somewhere but I think the biggest crime aside from the front window is that the weird electric bars aren’t painted blue or at least grey like they’re supposed to be instead of black.

Reprolabels will come to the rescue I’m sure

• Like Like x 2
  20. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    I would’ve loved it if these crossover figures would be masterpiece figures. It would’ve added to the grandeur of being crossovers, along with better tooling and paint apps. But we get what we get. I’m psyched we’re getting this. But bummed that once again I’ll need to ‘fix’ another crossover with paint and mods

The tinted windows alone make a world of difference

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1