Transformers Will Be Filming In Montreal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes.

YES!

• Like Like x 3
  2. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we please get at least one Trans Am Transformer?  I say a blue 1978 Trans Am as Soundwave and then a 1999 30th anniversary Trans Am coupe as an Autobot.

3. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

It won't be set in the Bayverse.

I think it will be the sequel to BB.

It has to continue the BBBverse, or as I would call it personally, the HasbroVerse.

Same.

Even Bumblebee?

Or an Armada film.

Yup, hopefully continuing on Bumblebee's continuity.

I'm sure they have.

The difference will be that they'll put actual effort into it this time.

Yup.

Yes, please continue BB.

I have my hopes at least.

Video gamey? I was a tad impressed.

Correct.

No they won't.

Fair enough.

Yup, or I'd like to personally call it, the HasbroVerse.

Definitely Knightverse.

Please let it be the BB universe.

I somehow doubt it.

If No Way Home ever comes out and makes money.

Exactly. Thank you.

Maybe the upcoming Micronauts and M.A.S.K. films will be set there as well.

Yes, most likely.

As if we haven't had enough of that.

Except they'll probably have a good story.

Fair enough. Plus, I don't think this new universe has to strictly be about Transformers. I see no harm in having films and TV shows based on other Hasbro brands/properties set in this new canon/continuity.

Paramount and Universal are one and same? When did that happen?

I dunno, I see Soundwave more as a van of sorts. Set him apart from the abundance of other car robots. Plus, since this is supposed to be a sequel to Bumblebee, I doubt this will be set post-'99 unless we have a 12+ timeskip.
    Although I suppose Windcharger and/or Tailgate would be good for a Trans Am.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Except instead of the Snyder Cut being Snyder making his vision of the film, the Bay Cut is getting rid of everything Bay put in there

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Throwing a bunch of money is not gonna work.  A good script and plot will.  Let\'s hope they do the latter for this movie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

It would be interesting if they use union actors, it be wild to see Gary Chalk & David Kaye voicing Optimus and Megs on the big screen, but that's personal preference more than anything.

Well, that's IF Micheal Bay would come back as director. If the rumors of a new director taking the wheel, we might likely have that director's signature thing happen instead.

Ah, mid-battle banter, that might make a interesting way to- Oh perhaps you're referring to a more dramatic conversation scene or something by that nature?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  7. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Hope you didn't forget anyone

8. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

So?

9. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Can we identify any of the people in the image? Just out of curiosity

10. Hawksford

Hawksford Active Member

News Credits:
    I hope this one has a scene where Skywarp pushes someone down the stairs

• Like Like x 5
  11. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Certain issues I have with both Bayverse and Bumblebee movies... I don’t like the earth military able to do anything to Transformers. We should be powerless gnats compared to them. Our bullets should be mosquito bites.

That being said, I’d prefer having no military involvement at all in the movie. No one scrambled the army when Thanos arrived. No marines when Magneto had a glowing ball of radiation on Ellis Island. We don’t need military in a transformers movie. It’s not 2001 anymore. We don’t need the ‘Merica can save the world propaganda.

I like having an intelligent human teen liaison. Charlie was great in Bumblebee. Bayverse “teens” were horrible human beings. Transformers 7 needs to make likable humans, not douches.

And my number 1 issue: Transformers need to be Robots in DISGUISE. The movies have gotten so far away from that premise. Make the story one where transformers have saturated the planet, and no one knows which vehicles and items are transformers and which are just earth junk. Have a scene where a family in an old minivan are suddenly saved from attack when the minivan drives itself, ejects them to safety, then turns into Ironhide. They can look with surprise as their old vehicle is actually a robot, and they never guessed it.

Have a scene of humans talking, and you see a yellow diesel cab hauling a trailer in the background. Looks totally normal, but eagle-eyed viewers notice there isn’t a driver.

scenes like that would make transformers more enjoyable. People can watch a scene and wonder if more transformers are secretly hidden in scenes. Kinda like how people were watching all over Detective Pikachu for glimpses of various Pokémon in the backgrounds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pretty much agree. Is military and government involvement realistic in a story about giant armed space robots? Sure, it is. But fiction isn't about realism, it's about telling creative and new stories. So far every Transformers film has had some form of military or paramilitary involvement...that plot has just been done to death. The Marvel movies would get pretty boring if all 23 of them involved the military and had some government plot about distrusting the superheroes. Bumblebee did it very well, now it's time to move beyond that plot. Maybe just have a scene or two of John Cena's character using his influence to keep Sector 7 away from the Transformers (which would help continue his arc from Bumblebee).

13. Diaboragon

Diaboragon Member

The first 2007 movie is my absolute favorite just for this factor. The buildup of Blackout slowly approaching an unaware military camp, Barricade's game of cat and mouse with Bumblebee as they both stalk Sam, all the Decepticons mobilizing after having been revealed to be hiding among regular vehicles. They could take the tension a lot farther, but it's the only media I have seen to succeed at it at all, animation or comic.

• Like Like x 5
  14. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    The first issues of the Marvel Comics adaptation did a decent job. But it could definitely be done better. Shia was obnoxious, but the scenes with bumblebee and barricade were highlights of 2007.

They need to bring back that sense of surprise and wonder. We are a jaded people today. CGI and monsters are commonplace. It’s up to filmmakers to bring the awe back. Not through slow motion, but through characters we identify with

• Like Like x 1
  15. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Hope it’s not any of that Bayverse crap. Bumblebee was a small step forward, but still had some Bayness.

16. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

YES YES YES YES YES to all the above! I agree with Diaboragon, those were some of my favorite aspects of the original film--that sense of dread, not knowing what would suddenly transform....and I agree about getting away from the military. That's always been one of my least favorite parts of the original films--so boring. I agree with the allusion to superheroes not getting the military and cops involved...and you're right, our weaponry should be "mosquito bites"! :D 

Love it! I haven't even met you guys and I already think you're awesome. Can you please get jobs at Paramount?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Well, for sure the best places to shoot a movie would be in Peru's jungle or mountains. I hope we get some more news here soon!

18. Pushan Halder

Pushan Halder Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    I am super excited now. Hope we get a really good movie.

19. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate humans in transformers. But I think that they must be a secondary character with strong backstory, like Verity on IDW or Charlie on Bee. I mean, good humans, but more % of transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

I believe when I see it, actually. Sounds soooo good.