Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I was thinking it would be neat to end the show with a live-action segment of the Autobots explaining the war to Spike/Sam Witwicky (not necessarily played by Shia or set in the movieverse). They could be using the toys to demonstrate the events of the war. Something like that would be really fun. I mean, I highly doubt that will happen, but it would be neat.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

That sword sound effect at the end, and megatron's toy sword, do not gel at all.

Don't use the CAD files for your super serious animation, because all I can see is a toy sword. There's no chance of tension when I could recreate the damn thing perfectly by going into my cupboard and getting out my Siege Megatron.

Also, stop with the voice imitators, and let the voice actors act.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Smacks of cynical cribbing from Castlevania "because Castlevania's hot, right? Let's do the Dracula stakes thing!" Meanwhile the equally harrowing established canonical horrorific visual representation of the Decepticons' evil of the Smelting Pool/s bubbles away quietly ignored.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I don't disagree to most of what you said except for the comparison to A New Hope which I feel isn't really a war movie at all, the setting for one is not on the entirely battling planet, but multiple different spaces and involving many different characters that aren't constantly in the midst of combat.
    But back to the show, it's a trailer focusing on the main story arc, so I don't see how it couldn't be fairly serious with perhaps just varying degrees of "dark and gritty", but where I agree with you is when the show actually plays out and could focus on some more emotional varied stories - totally not against that. For a trailer though, I'm not at all surprised that one focusing on the central theme of the war would look and feel the way it does now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    Or better yet, tell a Transformers story. I always felt like the enduring appeal of TFs was it's particular balance in tone. Pretty much every series before Prime managed to combine lightheartedness, adventure, and seriousness in a way that never felt disproportionate or tone deaf.

These trailers feel like the insecure wetdream of early 2000's TF fans who needed to legitimize their hobby by appealing to their immature idea of "mature." I feel like, collectively, we left such silly notions behind over a decade ago, yet this feels exactly that.

"Out of touch" could not be a better description of these trailers.

This is a good point. TFs has always had very creative set piece sin its universe unique to the robotic nature of the characters. Riffing more human visuals of violence and death lacks creativity and investment in the media.

Nothing here feels like Transformers, just generic dark science fiction schlock.

• Like Like x 7
  6. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    upload_2020-7-6_14-15-16.png

Oh no they killed all the repaints! oh nooooooooooo.

• Like Like x 12
  7. MINDVVIPE

Have you played the war for cybertron or fall of cybertron games? Have you seen any of the war for cybertron scenes in animated, or bumblebee, or even the bay movies? ALL of them have been dark and gritty enough, but very interesting and stylish with the combat. It sounds like you aren't interested in any part of the TF timeline that is actually around this war time. I would agree that the way the war is portrayed here is very gray and dullish compared to the other scenes from other shows, but it's hardly grounds to want to make it an effing comedy. I feel like your interest in making it a jolly adventure war is even more immature than anything the trailer shows because it's boiling down the actual event of the war of cybertron as being inappropriate to the entirety of the Transformers story, making it seem like you cannot allow any variation in the reality of the fantasy world the franchise has built. If anything, your desire is the monotone one. And ffs, it's just a trailer. It's not going to show you much else when most of the events in this time were the war.

• Like Like x 5
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's a good point...this is just a trailer. It's quite possible the final thing will be more nuanced.

Exactly. I mean, look no farther than the '86 movie. That movie deals with some very dark subject matter, and has a lot of death. Yet it's also super upbeat and fun. It has tragedy, comedy, darkness, adventure, sci-fi, etc. It has a lot of different tones going on, and they all jive very well with each other.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    \"What if we did The Prime Wars but with an actual budget?\"

• Like Like x 2
  10. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

All hail Lord Megatron, Leader of the Decepticons. There he is being an intimidating badass with a real vision. A strong leader the cons can actually follow. He’s not being a sad boi, a petulant child, or played for laughs, it’s MEGATRON. You’ve been missed, sir.

11. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

You know, sometimes i read the comments section and i think the transformers fans don't know what they want, a lot of them. A new series for kids and they say "Oh no, its too comedic, worst series" then get a new more adult series and they say "Oh no, its too serious, worst series" and i can put the same type of comment of every new interpretation. When Tf prime came, a lot of fans said "Oh, no, its a 'movie style' serie, its going worst and worst, we hate movies" and when Rescue bots came, they, seriously, mid aged males was so irritated about that because was too childlish. Do you remember that "Ruined forever" article on Wiki? Well, many of them have a strong fandom that contribute to make great the franchise.
    Anyway, i think we are so fortunate, because Transformers is one of franchises that exist through decades, with many types of products, and that is cool because we can decide about that, and say "ok, that is cool for me" or not, but if the franchise continue exist, we can get new products, instead of nothing.
    Be gentle, each generation its the G1 for someone, maybe in 30 years we will see a lot of young women and men says "Siege was my G1 and its awesome".

• Like Like x 15
  12. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Well-Known Member

Wait a second, that Ratchet face. No... it can't be...

Oh no.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

You’re right, fans don’t know what they want. It’s like Goldilocks up in here.

“Too kiddy.”
    “Too gritty.”
    “Too silly.”
    “Too serious.”
    “Too much war.”
    “Not enough war.”
    “Too much red.”
    “Too much blue.”
    “Why no adult collector animated series?”
    “Ugh! Keep your adult collector animated series!”

It looks fine so far. I’m personally eager to watch it once it’s out.

• Like Like x 12
  14. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Guess you didn't grow up on things like fotns movie, ninja scroll, akira etc...., this is tame af.

Lol those high moon designs look like shit. Not tf movie bad, but pretty damn close lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bee is getting the Ark cooridinates like Sideswipe did in the stop motion siege clips. Pretty epic though whatever it was

16. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

Some thoughts: the lip syncing on Megatron in that last shot looked really off, Shockwave’s voice (assuming it’s his voice) sounds really not pleasant, I really am tired of the “we must get the Allspark!!!” plot that every fucking Transformers story thinks it needs to have now, and I can’t say I’m a fan of Ratchet’s ugly gray Sunbow-colored helmet. These are all things that I hope don’t become trends (or continue to be trends, in the case of the Allspark MacGuffin). Other than that, I guess the show looks alright. If the voice acting and facial expressions are better in the actual show than they have been in the trailers, then it will be an improvement.

• Like Like x 4
  17. MINDVVIPE

No kidding.
    The tone is on point. Now if you wanted to say it looks boring, and visually bland because of the war aesthetic, that makes a lot more sense. But death, combat, etc is all perfectly appropriate for a.... say it with me... war.

• Like Like x 4
  18. CheggyChonkers

CheggyChonkers Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    I\'m pretty hyped for the show and all, but why does Megatron\'s face look like it\'s made from that cheap brushed steel you find at IKEA?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soundslave

Soundslave Tears of pleasure, tears of pain

News Credits:
    Well I don't really give a shit what any of you think, I'm excited and can't wait to watch it.

• Like Like x 4
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    But you know what it's not appropriate for? Colourful space robots who turn into cars and have silly names.

You can't go full dark and edgy when your main hero is bright blue and and red and turns into a little truck.

• Like Like x 5