Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

The dialogue is a little too amateurish for my tastes, but those visuals are really nice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

This just has me so excited in all the ways the Machinima series didn't. The animation actually looks like it has had effort put into it, its focus on the war for Cybertron is a nice change of pace from all the Transformers media that focuses on humans, the idea this will touch upon opinions on the war and provide a different perspective is nice and a good way to show how this is a Transformers series intended more for older audiences and as for the voice acting?

Okay this is definitely going to be a point of contention at least for Optimus and Megatron and honestly, it's understandable. Peter Cullen and Frank Welker for years have been recognized as THE voices for those characters with the former especially reaching such a status that eventually the Machinima series just got him for Titans Return onward... but I think it's a little silly to start a riot whenever they don't get cast. Let's keep in mind, these guys have done a lot for the franchise and will continue to do so for as long as they can but in terms of Frank at least, he's still a working actor who gets cast in a ton of shows and movies and when it comes to acting, casting directors do have to work around schedules and sometimes what happens is that the plan is found to not really be workable and as for Peter Cullen? He really doesn't take that many roles anymore outside of Optimus Prime. Oh sure he's still working but from what I can tell it's nowhere near what he did back in the day and for the most part has been relegated to the movies and finally, these two are really, REALLY old. As in they're both in their 70s with Peter Cullen in particular being a mere 2 years away from entering his 80s, I think one series not casting them is nowhere near as big a deal as some people want to make it out to be, especially since in MANY early pieces of Transformers content that followed G1, there were many people who took up the mantle of these characters. Hell one of the biggest saving graces of the Prime Wars trilogy was Megatron who Jason Marnocha (Who is also playing Megatron here.) played so expertly. Look I get the attachment people have here, I mean it should be obvious even from my icon, I love Optimus Prime and like a lot of fans I adore and respect Cullen and Welker for their immense talent, dedication to the franchise and for being the OG voice actors and certainly it's understandable to have a little disappointment when you don't hear them but to have interest on the show hinge purely on that and to treat this as an "insult" I'd say is overdoing it. Yes they're both passionate about the franchise and it's awesome but that doesn't mean they have to be cast in every series for the sake of it.

As for the designs? I quite like the fact they're using the toy designs but then again that's mostly because I REALLY like the designs of the Siege toys in the first place. It's just cool to think that the toys one has are faithfully represented on-screen but also I can tell that they're not just using the toy designs wholesale, they're still making necessary modifications to make sure these things can do what they need to do in animation form with some of the limitations being acceptable I'd say because these are robots with blocky designs meant to evoke the 80s and also... look I'm going to be frank, I see some people likening this to a "Cybertron 2.0" or something along those lines and... no, just no. I've watched Cybertron, Energon and the Prime Wars trilogy and oh my lord this is NOTHING like those series. Aside from the designs being more explicitly based on the toys, the animation is much more fluid and so far consistent, it seems like there's going to be some character and most importantly there aren't ridiculous errors like the outlines continuously not being resized for scenes, wrong characters being used for certain shots or the case of rushed production to come out alongside the toys leading to very, VERY sloppy acting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Microfibers? Trading with other alien species that have more of a fleshy basis (like the Nebulons for example)

4. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    This could be the series we've all been waiting for, I only hope the episode and season length are eventually extended beyond the rumored 22min an episode, 6 episode season

5. gundam8864

gundam8864 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron and his sexy lips.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Chainmail. The metal weave is easily visible to humans, but if a Transformer looked at human chainmail armor, it'd look like a velvety gray blob at a glance, but if they looked closer they could see the weaved metal, just like weaved cloth is only visible to humans at a close distance. Actually makes perfect sense, I'd say.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    Ahh I see, so it's not actual fabric. Got me thinking for a sec there when I saw the flag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

It's because those individuals didn't put any effort into making these series come to life. I for one am cautiously looking forward to this series.

• Like Like x 3
  9. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shouldn’t they have released this along with Seige? The trailer makes
    me want to watch it, but it’ll probably also make me want figures that are no longer in retail. That is, with less battle damage. I guess that if this is aimed at a younger audience, Hasbro’s assuming they like really worn-looking toys.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  10. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

The story and dialogue is interesting. Yikes on matching the likeness too closely on the toys. Some of the toys have hideous backpacks.

11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Meh. Not feeling it. It looks like a cheaper FOC/WFC (the games, god this name stuff is confusing) with no proper cybertronian modes just full G1 wank, and the voice acting seems pretty awful. What is that Ultra Magnus?

• Like Like x 5
  12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

I mean they've never actually said it's metal chainmail and not cloth, that's just my headcanon that I've had for years.

13. regenisis

regenisis Well-Known Member

hopefully this indicates we\'ll be getting an elita-1 figure

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 take it easy my dudes, but take it.

News Credits:
    The animation looks a little on the cheap side, the trailer looks like it's from a video game, but it could be something charming in time. My main worry is the voice acting, it's giving me the same amateur vibes that Cyberverse does. It's not quite as bad, but I don't watch Cyberverse mostly because of how bad the voice acting is and I hope it's not about to become a trend OTL
    I'm also a "do your own character voice, or hire the person you were going to have be imitated" type of person so sound-alikes, especially for Prime, will always bother me, but at least it's not... Bad, i guess. Overall... I am hesitantly excited.

It supposedly comes out in June, right? :D 

15. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow this looks awful. I've been anticipating this trailer and what a letdown. I hope I'm proven wrong and this was just a bad trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart The TRUE commander

Looks absolutely bitchin! Can't wait until it comes out

• Like Like x 6
  17. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could say the same about Bumbleeb.

18. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Looks alright. Using the toy designs warts and all is probably a Hasbro mandate. Something like, all media must point towards the product. Animations and the like isn't the greatest, but as long as they tell a decent story decently I'll be fine.

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Eh. Ill just stick to collecting the toys, thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I\'ll watch it. Looks like cog kicks it