Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

Different designs, different opinions, I for one enjoy the High Moon designs.

Romance doesn't have to ruin something if the writing is done well enough.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Oh.. this....
    looks spectacular.
    Would of liked some Peter Cullen and Frank Welker though. But the voices in general sound good.
    Lots and lots of characters we all know need to be here. That is what I'm seeing so far.
    Can't wait.

X-Transbots / KFC lips included.

• Like Like x 6
  3. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

I'm actually excited about this. I was disappointed with the Machinema series but this looks promising.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

*watches trailer*

FlashyKeenGar-small.gif

• Like Like x 14
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's pretty much how I expected the series to be. Whatever it lives up to the hype or not remains to be seen but I get the feeling that it'll get scorn on all fronts when it's released no matter how good some things about it are.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

A snippet from the announcement on the voice talent:

The Series voice talent cast includes Jake Foushee (Optimus Prime), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Linsay Rousseau (Elita-1), Joe Zieja (Bumblebee), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Rafael Goldstein (Ratchet), Keith Silverstein (Jetfire), Todd Haberkorn (Shockwave, Red Alert), Edward Bosco (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave), Bill Rogers (Wheeljack), Sophia Isabella (Arcee), Brook Chalmers (Impactor), Shawn Hawkins (Mirage), Kaiser Johnson (Ironhide), Miles Luna (Teletraan I, Cliffjumper) and Mark Whitten (Sideswipe, Skywarp).

• Like Like x 7
  8. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Todd Haberkorn and Miles Luna are the only names I recognize. Interesting for sure.

9. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

Jake Foushee (Optimus Prime) also plays Cyberverse Optimus Prime
    Jason Marnocha (Megatron) also played Prime Wars Trilogy Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    My perspective is that kind of style I just described isn't "exciting" for a studio to make. Plus they've already divided into the Autobots and Decepticons so it's less "See events that led to the war" and more "See the beginnings of the war". To use IDW05 as an example allow me to explain. In Megatron Origin we saw a Cybertron without conflict. There was peace but it was enforced by laws and restrictions. It was your typical authoritarian dystopia but what made it compelling was how dark that reality was. Functionary caste systems restricting job opportunities/choices. Empurata, public shaming and forced augmentation. Such things were the motivation for Megatron to tear down the system that did not care for him or any alike. It gave an in-universe reason why any "normal" citizen would join the Decepticons. They weren't power hungry despots yet, it was a people's revolt which is why it gained momentum.

In contrast the trailer has Megatron SAYING the Autobots have escalated the conflict but we don't see anything like that. It would have helped if we saw Sideswipe or Hound gun down a Decepticon supporter pleading for his/her life, gesturing for neither to shoot at a defenseless citizen. It is much, I'll admit, but it's the first thought that came to mind. Something that presented the possibility of Megatron having a point to his actions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

Im telling you bro, the prequel is coming.

12. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Nameslapped Seeker

News Credits:
    Sophia Isabella was also the voice of Windblade in Cyberverse. I see that James Marnocha is voicing Megatron again.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  13. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually enjoyed the POTP machinema to a degree...this looks way better so I’m on board. Hopefully when they make it to earth they can really take off entertainment wise. As long as they are in confined on cybertron it limits the scope of what you can do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

It's more that those Cybertron shorts are incredibly expensive and nowhere near as long as a full-length season of television. Those shorts also had financial backing from Activision, which would obviously help. Adding on to that, and I know we sometimes forget because we're in the thick of the Transformers fandom, but the mainstream popularity of the franchise is on the decline; the last major television series was RID and the last film was Bumblebee. RID did its job I suppose, but Bumblebee, after years of the Bay films building an unfortunate reputation, failed at the box office-it barely made it's money back in the US and didn't make nearly as much as previous films did in foreign countries like China. Basically, Hasbro is in a bit of an oopsie woopsie with the franchise in terms of mainstream viewership and anything in that area at the moment is seen as a bit of a risk for studio/company head honchos. But that's just my nickle and dime... Wait I said that wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

It sounds and moves pretty rough. The dialogue is subpar. But that could just be what they've selected for the trailer.

I think the thing I find most troubling about it is that it just seems to be rehearsing the same storyline the comics have done several times over, without adding much to it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

While I'm not opposed to an earth based plot at some point I really hope they dig deep with the cybertronian lore. I want to see some epic scale cybertronian battles.

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the most forgettable Optimus Primes ever?
    gavin.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. UFGator1977

UFGator1977 Member

Honestly? Let's save the big guns for the big screen.

And it's not like the voice cast they are using for this haven't done the characters before.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

I think this might be at the core of my less than enthusiastic response. Normally I’d be really excited about a whole tv show about the war, but I’ve been reading about pre war Cybertron in the comics for almost a year, plus Cyberverse...I think this trailer made me realize that I’m starting to get a little tired of Optimus v Megatron (I know...that’s kind of blasphemous). Hope this show adds something new and different to the story. A new spin on the war itself, new motivations for the cons...something.

20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    One of the most current Optimus Primes. Chances are they hired local talent and he was the best they had available

• Like Like x 4