Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who's the second character in the Spoiler box? I've only seen conjecture in this thread, and I can't get to Seibertron to look at their post.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

New voices from starting actors knowing their taking over the shoes of legends, with a Netflix paycheck might inspire them to make a good performance.
    Theyll also want to prove what they can do so theyll get picked for future gig$.

Big actors would prob phone their act in. Am expecting a good show, especially with a somewhat short but dense script.

3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Went back and watched the trailer again, having given it a couple days. I tried to detach myself from any expectation and I tried not to think about 'what could have been'. After all, anything could be better. But I really should be judging this for what it is, not what it could be. When I first saw the Bumblebee teaser I was kind of meh on it, but I really warmed up to it on repeat viewings. And the movie became one of my favorite movies ever.

So after giving it a couple days, what do I think of this trailer?

I still take problem with the design choice, but in defense of the show, a fair amount of the characters do look pretty good. Like, it's not too obvious that Optimus and Megatron are using toy designs. Especially when they're framed well. Would I prefer original designs? For sure. But when I step back from my personal preferences, I can see why people enjoy this approach. It is kind of cool that people can watch this and then go out and buy identical toys. I'm sure that will make a lot of kids happy especially. And they're certainly not bad-looking toys.

And Cybertron looks neat, there are some neat visuals. The animation isn't WFC/FOC trailer-level, but I don't need it to be. I really appreciate the smooth animation after the last online series'. I still remain cautious, but I'm going to try and keep an open mind. If this has good storytelling, it could be really solid. And if not, I suppose it's not taking anything away from me. I wouldn't say rewatching this trailer made me fall in love with it, but it did let me see it for what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This just keeps getting worse.... and here I expected actual effort to go into this.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was expecting this to be an hour and a half movie so I am ok with this.

6. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wish we could move away from the dull, permanent-speech tone for Prime. Every line might as well just be "I...am Optimus Prime...".

• Like Like x 11
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So dissapointing.
    We haven't had a good show since Prime ended.
    Hasbro gives mediocre effort and then wonders why it keeps failing.

Cybertron needs "fREeEe3dooHm".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Darth Badguy

Darth Badguy Well-Known Member

Probably just which characters are involved (though it mostly looks like the ones who’ve gotten toys in the WfC toylines)

“Concern?” I think you mean “delight.”

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, none of these names mean anything for me... Guess they saved money with not just the short run time (6 episodes, really? Most toons are at least 13-26) but also by not using the classic VAs

10. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

"Ah, Superintendent Impactor. Welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon!"

Now I am going to think of Steamed Hams whenever I look at those two toys. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always really jealous of Frank Todaro as someone who does a Latta Starscream impression.

12. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

This is the point, right here. Everyone keeps whining about G1 this, G1 that, or Bayverse this, or Bayverse that. Like anyone outside the fandom can tell the difference.

What if I tell you that, no matter if it's G1, or Armada, or Bayverse, or "something completely new", quality matters? If a show is really really well made and tells an interesting story, it has far greater potential to stand out and attract new audiences and lifelong fans, than another mediocre one "for the fans" or "for the kids". We all know Transformers can be far beyond a toy commercial and we all know it can be smart and meaningful and creative and truly fun (and in the end, that's what gets more toys sold, as well). If it hadn't ever been, we wouldn't have been here for decades.

What if instead of asking for G1, or Armada, or Bayverse, or something new all the time, we ask for quality content?

• Like Like x 8
  13. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Jon Bailey is a really great VA, but he was terrible as Optimus Prime. It sounded more like a parody of the character. I could never take him seriously.

The classic cast won't be around forever. As long as the performances are good, I don't really care. It's definitely a nice to have, but we've gotten almost 4 decades out of them, I can see why Hasbro wants to move this way. To me, Jason Marnocha's take on Megatron was the only good thing in the Prime Wars series.

14. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it.

I don't give a damn about it not having Cullen and Welker. Sure, they defined Prime and Megatron in the 80s, but this isn't the 80s anymore, and there's no real reason to keep using the same actors (and I absolutely adore Welker's work). The very few voice pieces we heard seemed just fine to me, and I had absolutely no trouble telling the voices apart.

I don't mind that it is only 6 episodes of 20 minutes each (of course I'd like a little more, but I don't get to make that decision). There's quite a lot that can be packed into 20 minutes, and I find that US-made shows either drag on endlessly or simply abandon continuous storylines when they go for "usual" season lengths (even Cyberverse with its tiny episode length of 11 minutes was guilty of this) - I am much more a fan of UK and European shows that have short seasons that are snappy.

Looks like we'll be seeing proper injuries and even death; I thoroughly approve.

Kid-me would have been wetting his pants to be able to play with toys that actually looked like their on-screen versions; bravo Hasbro.

Finally, I very much like the visuals, because they evoke (for me, anyway) the artwork of Livio Ramondelli.

And yes, we'd better be getting those Wheeljack and Bumblebee toys (preferably Cybertronic alt-modes).

• Like Like x 10
  15. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but I don't understand the hate this is getting. Personally, I'm fine with the voice casting. A few people have already said it but the original 80's cast won't be around forever. Heck, some have already died. How dare Hasbro not resurrect them!

• Like Like x 11
  16. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    It is
    Rung.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I agree. while I would prefer (in a perfect world) the original voice cast to continue till the end of time, I also think it is reasonable to begin looking to other voice actors.

I do think the new talent should continue to honor the original voice cast by emulating their G1 voices though. I do not subscribe to the “fresh take” on voice style. Just like I want my Darth Vader to sound like James Earl Jones, I want my Optimus, Megatron, Ironhide, Jazz, Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Starscream to sound like their 1980s G1 cartoon self.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

They probably could've just hired Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, Corey Burton, and Su Blu, and all their voices would've been covered. Lol
    (Throw in Micheal Bell, for good measure).

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  20. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    ADDED. It’s getting real. So psyched.

• Like Like x 10