Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a theory that Ultra Magnus becomes a Decepticon in this series

2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Maybe he goes from Magnus to the Leader Galaxy mold as a Nova Prime homage, play up his stint as Nemesis from IDW?

• Like Like x 3
  3. User_124141

News Credits:
    Nemesis Magnus would probably be the name, and I've looked at the box and saw Magnus on the side of the box pretty much confirming it will be him

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Are we sure Magnus IS going to be a traitor in the series? I mean for all we know it could be just him making an epic last stand against the Decepticons and him wanting to do somethign drastic to save Optimus from going too far as it's implied. Course I could be wrong but still it can mean many things.

• Like Like x 4
  5. User_124141

News Credits:
    Read my post above

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Huh...That's a good catch...I won't lie that'd be quite an epic repaint out of the mold. It may not be Delta Magnus but hey a Nemesis repaint isn't bad either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. User_124141

News Credits:
    I will buy it even if it's just a different color since this is the first time we are having a toy of Magnus like this

• Like Like x 1
  8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

The more I watch it, the more I get excited. Very much looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Yeah it better not be Mashimisha bad, that would be some way to embaress yourselves.

Please just get decent writers, if it is on netflix i will watch it.

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Yeah this just looks like the same thing as the Machinima stuff but with a higher budget.

I still stand by what I've said about this thing.

11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only 3 issue with this WFC Series:
    1. Someone here mentioned it's only 6 episodes...assuming it's true, why or why! I want more, at least 10-13 episodes to make it as a season, damn it. There are so many G1 casts in there, I haven't enjoy so many TF G1 casts since the G1 days. The trailer looks go great....with only 6 episodes to explore, I can forget seeing my boy in his naked white Magnus robot cab in the animation format, lol.
    2. I gotta wait until June, agrrrrrrrrrr
    3. Now Netflix will get me to subscribe to them since my boy UM debut in the series. I will need to open up the account when the time come, lol.

As for the WFC voice actors, as much as I love all the G1 actors from Peter, Frank, Jack, Susan, to the lesser one, if I can tolerate the horrendous Japanese Headmaster English dubb, then nothing will bother me. The most important for me, I can understand what the heck they are saying. Megatron has the ginormous big lip, that doesn't bother me anymore thank to IDW Overlord. He seems to normalize it for me when I first saw it. Lastly, UM wearing the cloak to see the Cons implying him as a turncoat, I can't picture that...he's too much of a loyal bot. Also, we have Jetfire and Mirage playing the turncoat role which is enough already. Lastly, although I find it ridiculous for robots to wear a cloak, I hope the spoiler version come with one. If not, I demand 3P to make one for my Siege UM figure just to give him more accessories and accurate to the show. And to counter Dark of the Moon Megatron from the Autobot side, lol, oh also to remind me of Star war Jedi/Sith lord clans looks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It sounds like this is only the first part so while 6 episodes is an incredibly short season, it’s only showing the final hours (allegedly) of the War for Cybertron and will leave off with the Transformers heading to Earth. Then the next 6 episodes are the Battle for Earth and the final 6 episodes are whatever comes after that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After letting it sink in, honestly its all the more disappointing.
    Pros:
    1. Lighting- pretty solid, at times beautiful.
    2. Cybertron looks pretty cool.
    3. Megatron and his VA.
    4. A series set on Cybertron is always appreciated.
    Cons
    1. Animation- Like others have said, it feels a bit too choppy at times.
    2. Characters feel like literaly toys instead of giant robots- Yes, its a series based on toys, but that doesn't mean they should come off as literal toys in the media portraying them. This isn't toy story in space. The animation is mainly to blame here.
    3. Designs are a bit TOO faithful to the toys- This could also be tied back to the last criticism. As some have mentioned, the animation models here even the tabs and springs or whatever that are very toy-like. The designs dont try to correct that, coming off as lazy. I mean seriously, Chromia still has the ridiculous backpack her toy has that takes up half her mass. Theres a reason she is a major shelf-warmer.
    4. Lack of emotions- Same problem that plagued Energon, Cybertron, and the Machinima trilogy. The characters have blank expressionless faces that dont do much beyond flapping their mouths to talk.
    5. Amateur Voice Acting- Megatron is the only good one here while everyone else just sounds too much like they're reading off a script and calling it a day. They also made the mistake tht Cyberverse did which was casting a 22 year old to do a Peter Cullen impersonation rather than getting Cullen himself. The kid's efforts are placed too much in impersonating rather than acting, resulting in a cringey imitation thats hard to take seriously. All the succesful non- Cullen Optimus's were great because they did their own thing and still captured the spirit of Optimus, this one just tries to copy Cullen but lacks the gravitas and passion Cullen has.
    6. Dialogue- It comes off as cheesy sometimes, and the VA's only make it worse. Optimus's dialogue is especially bad, which only makes it worse for the VA whom I already have a hard time taking seriously

This series just feels like Machinima was given an extra budget boost that only went towards the lighting part of the animation.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Hilariously, the article you linked says this:
    There Mr. Bay, 44, was given a thorough education on the narrative embedded in the 25-year-old toy line: a back story about warring factions of valiant Autobots and nefarious Decepticons, who bring their battle to Earth from their home planet, Cybertron.
    Mr. Bay was sold. “I don’t consider this a toy,” he said. “It’s not. To me it’s the furthest thing from it. It was about the mythology and that there was a story here.”

The whole reason he changed his mind was because he was shown and educated what Transformers was about. I know there are folks who don’t like Bay, but come on.

• Like Like x 2
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    No, he changed his mind because his movies started to rake in cash.

16. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well as others have said, the animation doesn't seem to be the best, however my fingers are crossed for this series.

Also, Flywheels!!!

[​IMG]

So I am totally IN!

Hope he gets some good screen time and is actually a character in this.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

With Cyberverse getting better and better, this begins to look worse and worse. I don't have a lot of real specific complaints--just a real negative reaction to the animation which is uninspiring, to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

This comment is NOT meant to say anything bad, just a heads up.

It seems that the Transformers fandom seems to never be satisfied. What some people like, others dislike. We are basically one giant dysfunctional family in a sense. :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 12
  19. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    That goes for other fandom too tho, not only here. Godzilla king of the monsters was praised by many as the best Hollywood godzilla movie, yet there are lots of people who disliked it too. Basically, you can't please everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

So fired up for this show!!!!

• Like Like x 1