Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Missing my point.

Of course, the animation model is taking a few more liberties to make the onscreen character movement look "lifelike" ; which the mass retail toy can never hope to match exactly. ( such as the amount of degrees an elbow can bend for example ).

However, the overall transformation scheme and proportions now align way better from onscreen character to toy and vice versa ; whilst avoiding to look like animated hard-surface modeled characters, like it used to be in the UT trilogy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it might be
    Tigatron it since on IMDb they revealed the voice actor DADFD6D0-6857-44D7-88EC-421687CEC2B2.png and if you check now it’s not there and it said on this site too 1AEB7AD7-0137-4A0C-941C-BE6C9BDE9AA7.png And if you check it now it’s not there and tigatron is to much of a weird choice and also it’s way too early to be casting for kingdom

52E8A75E-9E02-4916-B51F-24FA5D97E8B8.jpeg if you’re Just going to shit on the show just don’t watch it then

this is a joke except for the last part

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  3. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the same shit hearing you shit on the show over and over it's gotten boring and you've become generic.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Which doesn't seem necessary. We've had Transformers shows for decades and never once thought the toys should be exactly like their on screen models and should transform exactly like they do in the show. I do want them to look like the models, sure, but I don't care if the headlights don't flip out the same way as the show, etc. I understand some sacrifices will be made as these toys still need to be mass-produced, made cheap, and follow child safety laws. The on-screen models shouldn't be limited by such aspects.

• Like Like x 3
  5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, does it look like they're held back to you?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonkatsu

Tonkatsu Haver of Bad Opinions

There's this thing, it's called "marketing", you might've heard of it.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This fandom is full of trolls who shit on all forms of Transfomers Media when it does not come up to their unique level of quality. Some, like the turds in this very thread haven't watched the show yet.

Somewhat hypocritical of course. But true.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes. Kibble, pegs holes, and the remnants of the toy-ish aspect takes away from the fact these are supposed to represent advanced living robots. I personally would have preferred to see something like the box art.

You're acting like there hasn't been any precedent from previous shows (aka Machinima) and no trailers have released that give us a look at the show. All of the feedback is based on those factors. But yes, let's pretend to look forward to this show and act surprised when the end result doesn't live up to what we excepted.

When the show releases and it's actually good, I'll happily revise my thoughts, however for now, I'll remain cautious by judging it based on previous history and what I see in the trailer.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

So are the dozens of comments you've made complaining about said plot

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    what word got censored?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I at least watched an episode before making judgement. Sometimes, it does't matter how the show looks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    "Just don't watch it" is really such a terrible "gotcha" to use. It really only works if:
    1. The person you say it to is outside the target demographic. Some 40 year old dude is complaining about Rescue Bots Academy, yeah, just don't watch it. It's made for toddlers.
    2. The show in question is done and dusted. There's no point getting mad over something 10 or 20 years old. Don't complain about animals in BW, just don't watch it if you don't want to. That show isn't going to change.
    "Don't watch it" for a current or upcoming show is how crap gets cranked out over and over, in any franchise. This is supposed to be THE show specifically targeting the older/collector demographics instead of just being wide appeal. That's not to say adults can't enjoy Rescue Bots or Cyberverse but WFC is clearly made with serious fans in mind. "Shut up, watch something else" is how you make an echo chamber and don't let in any criticisms which can improve a work. If that maxim was heeded then the Sonic movie redesign wouldn't have happened, for example.

It also assumes that the people being critical don't WANT the show to be good. I've been very critical based on what we've seen so far but I will be watching the whole thing when it comes out. I'll give it a fair shake, and if I don't like it I will explain why. I'm not going to bitch about it for years to come but I will give my criticisms. On the other hand if it's fantastic I will gladly admit I was wrong. Everyone wants a good TF show, especially the people who are critical and discerning and don't just scarf down everything put in front of them.

"Just watch something else" is also the dismissive, easy out card to play. It doesn't address any criticisms or explain why the person saying it thinks the show will be good, it's just "fuck you and your expectations, *I* enjoy it and that's all that matters".

If you do subscribe to that line of thinking I hope you never dunk on any other TF shows, past or present, and I hope you'll remember it next time a show comes out that doesn't look good to you.

• Like Like x 10
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I completely agree. I saw picture of the Earthrise box art the other day, and it crossed my mind that it actually looked really good. If they had made the 3D models similar to that art, I'd be fine with it. And they certainly could have still made the CG models resemble the toys enough to sell them..I'm totally okay with the Transformers brand using the toys as an influence.

But I just can't see these as characters. They just look like toys to me. Which might work if the whole thing were more upbeat and had more levity (like the Lego movie or Toy Story). I actually find it comical when these designs are put them in such dark situations, like being impaled on spikes. To me it doesn't look like a gritty alien war, it just looks like Sid from Toy Story got his hands on some Transformers toys.

• Like Like x 6
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then just don't read my posts/nobody's forcing you to read my replies. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then dont watch the show nobody is forcing you to watch it. It ain't that hard that's where common sense comes to play .

• Like Like x 3
  17. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here’s a clip

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobahn Jazz

Autobahn Jazz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree. You made lots of good points. It's not wrong to want to something you are passionate about improve. Just accepting everything that comes out, allows the bar to be lowered, or at best get stuck at average. The whole it's made for kids thing doesn't fly for me, because good quality animation and story can be enjoyed by everyone. Earlier pixar movies prove that. Take the 3p market for example. There are huge demands for how well they want the figures executed. If those demands aren't met, then the competition will meet those demands. This raises the bar, and as a result we are getting 3P figures that surpass the official ones, and at a much lower price. 3P market is fierce. Each company one upping each other, and we the fans win. It's also great the 3P companies listen to us, the fans, aka the buyers.

It would be great if Has-Tak and Netflix could do the same. Consult the fans on what they would like to see. Maybe even crowd fund the next series. That seems to be popular right now.
    Also, agree my expectations for this show aren't high. The trailers haven't sold me on these series, but I will give a try.

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If nobody watches it, it won't get the numbers it needs to continue existing. Especially on a steaming service that literally measures success by views.

So don't watch it. It really is that easy. Works the same as "don't buy it."

Can't keep making more toys if they don't sell. Can't keep making more episodes if no one is watching them.

You know the easiest measures of what people want? Whatever gets views/sales.

This idea we need to be consulted on every project is laughable. Had they done that in the past we never get Beast Wars and Bay never gets off the ground.

Both of which ended up being huge financial successes that lead to a revival of the brand.

Also, some of our first fan polls lead to Windblade, Victorion, and PotP Primal. And while I enjoyed all three...some of y'all didn't and may want to put down the monkey's paw you're currently clutching.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  20. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    That clip looks good and I wonder why our boy telatraan-1's only scene is a spoiler?