Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Feb 22, 2020.

1. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Mod Edit: HQ Screencaps

Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 01.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 02.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 03.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 04.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 05.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 06.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 07.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 08.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 09.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 10.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 11.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 12.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 13.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 14.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 15.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 16.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 17.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 18.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 19.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 20.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 21.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 22.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 23.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 24.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 25.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 26.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 27.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 28.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 29.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 30.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 31.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 32.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 33.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 34.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 35.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 36.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 37.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 38.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 39.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 40.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 41.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 42.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 43.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 44.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 45.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 46.jpg Netflix War For Cybertron Siege Trailer 47.jpg

Official sinopsis and episode information: 6 episodes of 20 minutes each. The same for the next parts of the trilogy.

Netflix Reveals Synopsis for Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege

"Netflix describes Siege, the first entry in the new trilogy as such, "TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY: SIEGE begins in the final hours of the devastating civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. The war that has torn apart their home planet of Cybertron is at a tipping point. Two leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron, both want to save their world and unify their people, but only on their own terms."

Elaborating further, the synopsis reveals what begins the conflict between the two factions on Cybertron, "In an attempt to end the conflict, Megatron is forced to consider using the Allspark, the source of all life and power on Cybertron, to 'reformat' the Autobots, thus 'unifying' Cybertron. Outnumbered, outgunned, and under SIEGE, the battle-weary Autobots orchestrate a desperate series of counterstrikes on a mission that, if everything somehow goes right, will end with an unthinkable choice: kill their planet in order to save it."

Netflix's Transformers: War for Cybertron Series Reveals Main Cast

It may contain SPOILERS for some viewers

Jake Foushee as Optimus Prime
    Jason Marnocha as Megatron
    Linsay Rousseau as Elita-1
    Joe Zieja as Bumblebee
    Frank Todaro as Starscream
    Rafael Goldstein as Ratchet
    Keith Silverstein as Jetfire
    Todd Haberkorn as Shockwave, Red Alert
    Edward Bosco as Ultra Magnus, Soundwave
    Bill Rogers as Wheeljack
    Sophia Isabella as Arcee
    Brook Chalmers as Impactor
    Shawn Hawkins as Mirage
    Kaiser Johnson as Ironhide
    Miles Luna as Teletraan I, Cliffjumper
    Mark Whitten as Sideswipe, Skywarp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 41
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    I like how it looks. Only criticism I currently have is the lips on Megatron. The animation overall looks pretty smooth.

• Like Like x 21
  3. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I’m super excited for this. Love how the animation looks.

I just think some of the dialogue is kinda cliche and cheesy but this is Transformers :D 

• Like Like x 13
  4. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animation and visuals look amazing. Getting Rooster Teeth to make this was a very good call.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, there are more bads than good in this trailer. The lips on Megatron are weird, Prime's lines are really bad, and Cybertron looks bland. I was hoping we'd something more visually interesting like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Instead, it just looks like they cheaped out on the show.

• Like Like x 34
  6. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    TRANSFORMER ROMANCE ON TV WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    That would be awesome, but I don't even need animation this good. I think the general look of this show is fine, although I do agree with you that it's less visually interesting...but I think it looks fine for the budget they're probably working with. Certainly better than Combiner Wars.

I just really wish the designs are less toy-ish. Even the G1 cartoon (which is widely regarded as a blatant toy commercial) understood that you can't just draw the toys...you have to reinterpret them to work on-screen, as 'living' characters (I get that they're machines, but they still need to feel 'alive'). Using what are essentially 3D models of the toys is super boring to me. They could make them reminiscent of the toys, while still making them work better on-screen. Even Cyberverse kind of did that.

The images you posted are the perfect example. Despite being inspired by the G1 designs (which were inspired toys), the High Moon robots look and feel like characters. The designs in the new trailer just feel like toys. They lack life. They also lack creativity or artistic value. Not that Transformers needs to be super artistic, but I've always regarded the designs as one of the best aspects of the franchise. As an adult, it's probably my favorite aspect. Seeing them use the design philosophy of "eh, just 3D model the toys" is kind of sad to me.

• Like Like x 8
  8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am going to throw my hate in the ring and side with the I LIKE THE CARTOON LOOKING LIKE THE TOYS camp

• Like Like x 11
  9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    No problem with them looking like the toys, but if they were going to go the CG route, I'd rather something like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This way you can also sneak in animation on difficult scenes or make character's faces more expressive without looking weird.

Plus the toys look neo g1 cartoon anyway......

• Like Like x 31
  10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Roosterteeth didn’t animate this

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm not very excited because the stiff movement makes them look like animated toys, rather than characters that move with nuance. It makes it seem in turn that they're too blocky which is why the animation isn't dynamic. I think that's what's bothering me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. weevil

weevil SHIZAAAA...!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The anime looks great

• Like Like x 1
  13. JoshimusPrime93

JoshimusPrime93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking pretty good, guess I have get a Netflix account. 

• Like Like x 1
  14. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Looks ok. I\'d rather things lean more into campiness than taking itself super-duper serious, though

• Like Like x 1
  15. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    \"Cybertron needs strength..... MY strength\" - Megatron; that quote got my interest!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Springer203

Springer203 New Member

Anyone else upset that Peter Cullen is not voicing Prime?  Was thinking of starting a petition, but no one seems to be talking about it.  I did email the following to Hasbro Consumer Care.  \"I am writing to express my extreme disappointment with the fact that Peter Cullen will apparently not be voicing Optimus Prime in the new Netflix Transformers: War For Cybertron series?  I have been a fan of Transformers since childhood and a large part of why I love the brand so much is the character of Optimus Prime as voiced by Peter Cullen.  I was initially very excited as I watched the trailer for the upcoming series today...until Optimus Prime spoke. There is simply no way that I can watch and enjoy this series without Peter Cullen voicing the main character.  I fear that this horrible decision on Hasbro\'s part will ruin what could have been an amazing series and may even have a large impact on toy sales among adult collectors. With a June premiere date, it would seem that there is still time to do the right thing and bring Mr. Cullen onboard. I know it may seem silly to someone who is not attached to this property/character in the way that I am, but I plan to start a petition in hopes of making this happen.  Thank you for your time.\"

• Like Like x 9
  17. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Oh god it's just machinima all over again...Stiff animation, it's just moving toys, and the gimmicks...Bruh. Should've just given us an Armada prequel if you were just going to use glorified Minicons

Give us a show with the War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron designs and animation...

This just looks like another filthy cash grab.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

• Like Like x 17
  18. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Hnn... I dunno. The animation looks gorgeous, if kind of stiff and stilted, but the voice acting and dialogue don't seem that much better than the Prime Wars cartoon. Also... what is the series' identity? The plot seems to be a mix of the Cyberverse cartoon and the new line of IDW comics.

A more minor note, I really dislike the skinnier, less imposing design they're using for Elita One. The Power of the Primes toy was tall and imposing and had a commanding presence. In a series so heavily based around toy designs, why not use her actual toy's design? Okay, nitpicking over.

I'll give this Series a shot, just like Combiner Wars, and Titans Return, and Power of the Primes... hopefully it will excess my expectations.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    Eeeugh. Pass.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Looks alright. Visually it's already an upgrade from the Prime Wars shows but some the of the voices feel a bit off (Marnocha sounds great as Megatron though) and the animation is still pretty stiff. Say what you will about Cyberverse but its animation is so much more lively and expressive than this.

• Like Like x 2