Transformers War for Cybertron : Siege Hidden Messages Unlocking Character Bios

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lonewolf96, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

I’ll be honest; I don’t understand the Autobot/Decepticon numbering from the website. I probably should have paid closer attention to it. Do the recently revealed Jetfire/Omega/Impactor/Mirage numbers sync up? Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks Jetfire has the ability to swap out his sigil? That panel on his chest looks like it could swivel. That would explain why his description says he’s a Decepticon. And would be a nice homage to his G1 introduction episode.

Also, I hadn’t read anything about Springer and Thundercracker coming in separate waves, but it would give me a fourth “mystery” deluxe in that wave.

As for the Battlemasters and Micromasters, I was just filling in the numbers in between the ones on the website, since the blacklight codes aren’t on their packaging. I suppose there could be more, but their numbers would have to be higher than 51 (right? Am I assuming too much?)

2. Metroplex[IH]

Somebody explained the Autobot/Decepticon thing and it threw my list in a tizzy. I still think the Comic-Con exclusive will be #26, but maybe it's the Skywarp Battlepack (since it's a Decepticon slot)? Or something they've managed to keep secret? I don't know. A lot of conjecture at this point. But everything's been affected by that realization.

By the way, this was always my favorite puzzle when I was in school, so I'm loving the hell out of this game.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    The Skywarp battle pack would have listings at other retailers in China if it was an SDCC exclusive.

4. Metroplex[IH]

Doesn’t it? Isn’t that why it’s listed here: RUMORS: New SIEGE Leaders & Voyagers, Masterpieces, Studio Series, More Coming 2019?

Or am I misunderstanding you? Either way, if it’s NOT the SDCC exclusive, then I’m left wondering if the exclusive is even numbered. If it IS, then that would be the most likely entry number, and it would be some other Decepticon themed exclusive. But it might also not be numbered.

Either way, and someone else has already mentioned this, there is a notable number of Decepticons we don’t know about yet. That’s cool.

5. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

I believe there may be a typo in Purple Heart’s reply to you. Skywarp isn’t an SDCC exclusive. Hasbro doesn’t generally reveal those until much closer to the convention. Skywarp could be revealed then though.

We only know certain numbers past 25. We know 28, 29, 42 & 43. All are Autobot slots and really Impactor as an Autobot is a surprise because he was marketed as an Con in the fan vote blurbs. Jetfire is an AUtobot and nothing in the official Hasbro-released descriptions indicate DECEPTICON status. The article (not written by Hasbro) says Decepticon but that’s not official.

The rest of the numbers are guesses. And new information keeps blowing up our frameworks - specifically Jetfire, Impactor as a Autobot and more recently the rumored Astrotrain leader which just popped up.

Gotta wait for Toyfair! We should get more reveals and that will clear up a lot of questions!

Edit - saw another person reference Jetfire having a rotating panel for his symbol. Cool if he does but doesn’t alter his placement in the numbering.

6. Metroplex[IH]

Wait, what? Leader Astrotrain? Where did you read that? Also, once they reveal everything, the game is over! Where’s the fun in that?! :drunk 

7. jmagnus83

Astrotrain news for you:
    And as for the “game”. I’m trying to plan my purchases so for me it’s less a game and more like the old catalogs that came with toys. And once this game ends then another begins

8. Metroplex[IH]

Interesting. I’d heard there were only 3 leader class toys. Personally, I’d prefer a Voyager Astrotrain, but either way, this affects the calculus. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Metroplex[IH]

10. jmagnus83

11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Just saw these images posted on Twitter, looks like they came from a Japanese account...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Interestingly, I just input TARN into the Teletraan 1 thingy and the info it brought up was about the city, rather than the character. Hmmm....curiouser and curiouser...

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If there is indeed a leader Astrotrain coming...I wonder if it's a sign Leaders will do something else after Siege, or if they'll find an interesting way to graft the armor-up gimmick onto him.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well, it’s the code that comes with Shockwave. And in a few continuities he was put in charge of Tarn the city.

• Like Like x 3
  15. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tarn from Shockwave is right there on the first page of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jmagnus83

I'm amending my existing list to reflect the Astrotrain rumors.

July 2019
    26) Autobot: Leader Optimus Prime
    27) Decepticon: Leader Astrotrain

28) Jetfire
    29) Omega Supreme
    34) Autobot: Springer
    35) Autobot: Red Alert
    36) Decepticon: Refraktor
    37) Decepticon: Brunt
    38) Autobot: Firestormer Multi-Pack

October 2019
    39) Decepticon: Thundercracker
    40) Autobot: Lancer (NYCC exclusive?)
    41) Decepticon: Barricade

42) Impactor
    43) Mirage

December 2019
    48) Decepticon: Skywarp pack
    49) Autobot: Ratchet (Walgreens exclusive)
    50) Decepticon: No guess here
    51) Decepticon: No guess here

Catz said 11 Battlemasters and 10 Micro Masters - there is space left in this sequence for 8 of the smaller size classes. That is 18 total. So either 3 more are going to come out in December or hasbro is not making the last 3.

17. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

A good way to do a Leader Astrotrain would be to have him transform normally into a cybertronian train, then all the Armor pieces turn him into a shuttle. Or vise versa. He could be a better figure than either Shockwave or Magnus, if he had the same gimmick, since it would give a new spin to how triple changers are done. It’s lazy sure, but all the modes could look really good this way.

• Like Like x 2
  18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Anyone else thinking that leader astrotrain is a retool of shockwave? The idea came to mind when I read this post.

19. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Nope! Siege figures aim to emulate the original figures design but with updated articulation and the original triple-changers were not parts-formers.

Siege Ultra Magnus continues the whole cab + carrier is power armor plus inner robot design. Optimus is still a cab over truck that folds its arms into the sides of the cab. Look at how Siege Jetfire tries to closely resemble the cartoon design. If we get more triple changers in Siege, they'll keep the all-in-one design. No partsforming. Current design trend at Hasbro and Takara is to really emulate the original designs. Shockwave is the only figure that really breaks that trend but also doesn't because it works perfectly fine without its extra kibble.

That's just my opinion. Hasbro and Takara are unpredictable but I think its super farfetched they'd turn triple changers into partsformers.

20. jmagnus83

Amended list based on the updated Astrotrain news Edit - also updating to reflect latest Brickseek info :

July 2019
    26) Autobot: Lancer?
    27) Decepticon: Skywarp Pack

28) Jetfire
    29) Omega Supreme
    34) Autobot: Springer
    35)
    Red Alert per Brickseek
    36) Decepticon: Refraktor
    37) Decepticon: Brunt
    38) Autobot: Firestormer Multi-Pack

October 2019
    39)
    Thundercracker per Brickseek
    40) Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (Leader) per Brickseek
    41) Decepticon: Barricade
    42) Impactor
    43) Mirage

December 2019
    48) Decepticon: Leader Astrotrain
    49) Autobot: Ratchet (Walgreens exclusive)
    50) Decepticon: No guess here
    51) Decepticon: No guess here

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019