Transformers: War For Cybertron Demo Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    my opinion is that is pretty meh. I absolutely hate Gears of war and this feels almost no different from that

2. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in the ds version

3. j4mm3r

j4mm3r Member

Finished playing the demo for about an hour and a half, and I have to say I'm fairly impressed. The controls might seem a bit weird at first, but it doesn't take long to adjust. I love how they threw in elements from Call of Duty, with the perks system, Gears of War, with the third person shooting and a Transformers take on "Horde", and even Halo, with the Scouts turning invisible like the camo, and the overshield as well. Also, like Halo, there are vehicles, but wait, you ARE the vehicle :)  I personally had fun utilising the scout class for all it's worth, abusing the cloaking abilities in conjunction with sneaking behind the enemy and BAM! A few shots in the back, and a sword to the face, and then it's time to get the hell out of there! Lol, but still, incredible graphics and scenary, the voice-acting from what I've heard is solid, I can easily say that this is probably the best Transformers video game produced thus far! :) 

4. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I played the demo for a bit this morning. Both match styles, both classes, maxed out the scout, won some, and lost some. So I think I got a good feel for the game.

Unfortunately I just don't like it. There's just nothing about it I find particularly fun or interesting. It felt more like a standard 3rd person shooter with a very light coat of "Transformers license" paint over it. I get the sense that the developers really wanted to target the fans of the western TPS/FPS genres. Sadly that's one of the few game genres I really don't care for and having the TF license isn't enough to get me to like it. Gonna be an easy (and somewhat bittersweet) pass for me.

5. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I appreciate what everyone is feeling.

But I think its a tad unfair to judge the game based on this little demo.

I cant wait to play the actual game, you feel me?

6. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    story mode and survival mode are other high lights of the game we can look forward too

7. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Love transformers and this game looks cool but yeah that would make me sick. not that i have any platforms that can even play the game lol.

8. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    well, I pre ordered 2 copies. One for the boy and one for me and I have been playing the demo all night and love it, I already need new maps but this is a demo and I appreciate the appetite wetter they gave us. Real fans will buy it and should buy it because its a blast transforming and jumping of a cliff to slice the bot below you in half...good stuff. I would wait to pass judgment for the real game but I can say this! it will be and defensibly is the best and closest thing to a real transformers game that we are going to get, AMEN!

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not a flame war just kind of mad that 360 got the demo and PS3 didn't but I find it should be equal IMHO, which to me I find stupid and someone got paid :( .

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Alright after playing for a while, its amazing. The only thing I have a problem with is the Decepticon transformations.

Megatron has alot of parts that just disappear. His Tank Barrel tries to go to his arm, but then it just disappears in place of an arm gun. There's some really obvious mass shifting when he goes into Tank Mode too.

The Scout (mine ended up black with an almost black green, so let's call him Lockdown because of the alt mode as well) has a very..unfinished looking transfomation as well. The wheels kind of fall off him on to the ground while he does some Movie Jazz flips and twists, then the car panels kind of fold out of nowhere. Its disappointing to look at it because it feels so unfinished. Vehicle-to-Robot is much better however.

I hope they're still working out some of the tf kinks.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

:stick: 

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus, Kup and Cyclonus are in the DS versions.

13. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    SO THAT WAS YOU LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
    only joking, im going to enjoy this when the full version is relised. dont think much of the alt mode. i found my self transforming when i was trying to pull off a hammer move. i would say it was a slip but............. left stick and right bumper? how did i acidently do that...........about 20 times!!!!!

14. j4mm3r

j4mm3r Member

Haha, I didn't find much use for the alt mode either; I only used it when I was being ambushed, and I ran out of cloak juice, and I needed a quick getaway. Hopefully that all changes when we get the addition of flight based alt modes in the full version :}

15. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

THis GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant wait for the release and now im planning on a pre order.

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The alt mode was one of the few things I made great use of. "We are losing C," transform, power-boost my ass to C, transform while jumping, blast once, get my ass kicked. Over and over. But hey, that transform while jumping thing is pretty awesome. Just frustrating how often I lose the enemy after the first shot fired. Touchy controls or just me?

17. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

You guys that are pissin and moaning about mass shifting and things not transforming in place are nuts. It happens way to fast for you to see what is really going on and even if they truly are, who gives a shit. The game play and visual acceptance is what is important The transformation takes barely a second and for you to get uppity about it is ******ed. It looks good and the transformations are stylized for visual enjoyment. If you want to watch something transform bit by bit, download the app for your ipod or iphone and critique all you want.

For you control setup whiners about it being too much like this game or that, be thankful that it is. Nothing is worse than picking up a control and wondering what in the hell the developers were thinking when they set up the controls. What they have done is make it familiar so you can learn real quick what is what and then go whoop some ass. If you don't like the controls go into setup and fix it to your liking.

Now don't misunderstand me, I am a fan boy till the very end. Have been since I was 4. I will defend this game but I shouldn't have too. This game rocks and I was quite happy play for 4 hrs in one map. I whipped some ass and got mine handed too me. Just tons of fun. I think some of you are nit picking because you have nothing better to do. If you enjoy the game then do so. Learn it, play it, love it. These guys busted their ass to get it right and not deliver some movie based piece of shit. I for one am thankful that they have made a game I will play and enjoy working my way through the story line. If you don't like it then fine, piss off. Chances are you wouldn't of been happy even if God had blessed you with a big dick.

(Steps Off Soapbox)

I am going back to play more WFC.
    See you fuckers on the battlefield.

Gamer Tag: Xx OR1ON xX

18. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've decided against a pre-order and will probably wait for the price to drop, principally because the UK has been shafted for pre-order goodies. If I wait a couple of months it'll drop to sub £30 (effectively what the rest of the world pays for it anyway) and I won't feel quite so ripped off.

I can always rent it for a week if I really need to scratch my itch :) 

19. Bandobras

Bandobras Distracticon

The demo was actually pretty fun once I got used to the controls and levelled up some. I can see it getting really unbalanced once the higher levels are available in multiplayer.

The host drop ending a match seems like pretty poor planning to me as I'm used to Halo. Don't other games automatically change the host when it drops? Same with players dropping in either team mode, it can get really lopsided when one team has the dead weight of nonexistent players in the roster.

Also, Peter Cullen sounds really sad when saying you've lost a checkpoint in Conquest.

20. allenspidey

allenspidey Active Member

I like it a lot. I think that the two characters given are very different from one another which is just how it should be. Some weapons are better than others obviously and the vehicle forms are useful. The action is fast paced but there are opportunities to get away from the action for some distance shooting. I was top killer in the 6 games I played in last night, something that never happens in COD or Battlefield that I normally play. I give it a thumbs up so far.