Transformers: War For Cybertron Demo Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 10, 2010.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is there a download demo for the pc...

2. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Sorry to burst anyones bubble But I'm finding the demo a great big fat pile of pants.

Its difficult to tell characters form the background (only the purple or red glow is the give away, too many controls from too many buttons and I even managed to get stuck in the floor and had to quit the game to get out.

Nope sorry this will be a pass from me.

I don't know where they think this is a natural control system from...too many features not enough solid play

3. orionprime

orionprime <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Not really an FPS fan but I enjoyed the death match and "capture the flag" modes". Can not wait for the full version to how the missions handle. Wish I had more time to play around with it but have to head off to work now.

4. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does look like there too much going on and looks too fast...

5. IronPrimeMan

IronPrimeMan Hunter

Im downloading now:rock .
    If anyone wants to spar a bit, my gamertag is XxMindXBenderxX.

6. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I don't play video games very often. I have played and own the movie ones for fans service mainly. The last cool game I played was Robotech for PS2 and Halo. I have dabbled in gears of war but the color blends too much and I find myself squinting. Modern warfare 2 was cool but on the same line as gears of war. I have a 360 but I am not online. I went to a coworkers house for lunch and he downloaded WFC. OMG!!!! I was going to buy it anyway but this is going to ruin my marriage. I am getting xbox live and I will whoop some ass. I loved it and I can't wait for the release. Took all of 2 sec to figure out the controls. I got wasted a lot but I could tell I was getting better with every spawn. The colors didn't blend too much and it allowed me to be more competitive rather than guessing where everybody is. Just a fun little demo and being a tf fan already just makes this icing on the cake.

7. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

Only at 8%. :cry 

8. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    This game is going to be amazing

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    You could brighten the game up... there's an option for that. Some TV's have a higher black level.

The control scheme is great, you just need the patience to learn it so it becomes second nature. I was frustrated at first, then had a match where it clicked and I started giving out shots of redrum to everybody.

10. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    After a couple of hours playing, I've now got Megatron's voice stuck in my head saying "Five Kills Remaining!"

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i haven't ever had this much fun with a video game haha absolutely the best transformer game ever, and sooo difficult

what i love is the scout class and running around in vehicle mode, transforming by an enemy, slashing them dead, and sprint off in vehicle mode

i hate the tank, too slow

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yea i have been doing it constantly

13. Fenix951

Fenix951 Well-Known Member

definately takes a few matches to get used to the controls but after i got used to it i was blowing people away. with my best game i had 18 kills and a killstreak of 6 in team deathmatch. only thing about the demo is only one map gets old quick but hey its only a demo

14. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Pretty enjoyable. A must buy now.

The demo has some issues though. I had a sound problem after a large lag spike that got me killed. Everything went jumpy for a few seconds and I didn't even see how I was killed. When I respawned my sound was all muted like I'd been hit by that scramble effect some bots have. Wouldn't go back to normal and I had to quit the game to get it fixed.

And don't why they designed it the way they did, but apparently a host quitting the game kicks everyone else. I was in a full game and the host left after 2 matches and I assume everyone got the boot, cuz I got a popup that said the game was ended because the host left. Very idiotic way of doing things...

I also got put into a Team Deathmatch game after selecting Conquest. Weird, but whatever. And I had my 360 suddenly lockup in the middle of a match :/

15. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Hm...

Firstly,character customization from what we can do in the demo...not very good. The way you change colors is a poor choice, IMO. Guns are fairly decent, though I'm not a fan of the targetting reticle, too broad.

Next,the main screen is REALLY hard to read and almost blinded me. Game automatically looses points if they keep it for the final game.

Finally, gameplay. Well,I think the controls are okay, but I find some placements of things strange, such as how you melee and transform, wuld have preferred those to be buttons. I do love the sound of the tank gun firing. And why is the characterto the left of the screen? I didn't think it would be too bad from the previews, but it really screws up my coordination, especially since I'm right handed I would like it to be on the right of the screen. I also love vehicle modes. But I hope there are some big open maps,because when I boost all I do is slam into walls or off ledges, which is kinda pointless.

All in all its not too bad, definatly not a dissapointment for ademo,but since the demois really restricted, I shall just wait until the final game to give my full review.

16. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    So WHERE is the PS3 demo at I wonder. I really hate it when MS has to try and get 1 over on Sony. Totally ticks me off to no end I swear. I guess with E3 coming up the start of monday morning I guess they had to try and do that so people would run out and buy more of their RROD console.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Maxed out soldier with my Demolisher repaint.

Not digging the Scout class very much.

Decent Multiplayer but the single player better not disappoint.

18. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

That happened to me too once, but I dismissed it because it happened when the servers were having problems. Hopefully it'll be worked out before release.

19. Tengu

Tengu Not interested.

News Credits:
    I think I need to give it another look today. I played for about 30 minutes last night and was a little underwhelmed. I think the MP pacing could be a little better and I agree with previous statements about the Tank/smash attack seeming a little OP. Aside from Peter Cullen intoning things like <OPTIMUS>Five Kills Remaining!</OPTIMUS>, I didn't think the flavor screamed "Transformers" to me as much as I thought it would - I'm really looking forward to Single Player.

Using a US XBox in Japan, though, I am supremely pleased that there is a global matchup option, which too many games omit and which severely hoses Multiplayers in my peculiar situation. I also think, mythos-wise, that the violent aspects of the game are written more in line with the live action films, which takes some of the goofy fun that is TFs out of the equation.

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    How about we keep this to a demo discussion instead of igniting another pointless console flame war.

The internet's already full of them.