Transformers vs. Visionaries #3 iTunes preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jalaguy, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The redesigns are growing on me more and more.

Also starting to wonder if maybe Kup, and some of the other big names that end up dying in this might come back later in some new forms cause of 'magic'.
    Though even if Wheeljack isn't one who bites the big one because of the cover, that's still a pretty need cover to contrast cold machine science and logic against Visionary magic and organic life.

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    With this comic, almost anything is possible. With "Not Leoric" and "Not Cryotek" being part of this, who knows what else will come?

Although I don't like the changes to those aforementioned characters, I DO like the idea of different factions choosing new sides of the line (and for different reasons).

Still not enough for me to want to pay to read any of it though, mind you. G1 Visionaries FTW.

5. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not into Visionaries in any way buuuut since it still affects the IDW TFverse... and Kup. Kup!! I'm tired of Kup dying in mini-series/crossovers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Ugh, just ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I want all of these characters crushed beneath Ironhide\'s foot.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

This isn't even consistent on its own terms, is it? Cryotek things it's time to reconsider his opinion of his enemies ... except the one who is warning him he's in danger, who clearly can't be trusted.

9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hate to bust your bubble but visionaries cryotek came out first so he's the "real one"

• Like Like x 1
  10. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So there are lots of random Visionaries now? Cryotek doesn’t seem to be the embodiment of strength like he was...I guess Feryl doesn’t have her sense of smell either.

11. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Once this mini-series is over; i want the Visionaries to piss off to their own corner of the universe, stay there and never interfere with the Cybertronians ever again!
    I wanted to give them a fair chance but they\'re all unlikeable arseholes. Especially Virulina!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Lol who cares about this crap?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    stuff 'em in the microverse with Rom. take gijoe with 'em.

make the Transformers Universe about Transformers again.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I\'m reading that, and I\'m just thinking \"So bitch, once you all find out Merklynn is the bitch who fucked up your planet because he\'s a little bitch who couldn\'t stand not being an important bitch.  Probably you\'ll just bitch.\"  If I said bitch a lot it\'s because this isn\'t really making me like the Visionaries all that much.  I mean I see the parrels with Transformers and know I\'m not supposed to like some of them, but...  Well the fact this is an attempt to hitch a minor property onto a successful one and it feels like it\'s at the expense of the one people actually care about.

Course I\'d have laughed if Virluna\'s making her speech, and then suddenly we cut to a mushroom cloud and crater where new Prysmos was and someone commenting \"Huh.  So magic doesn\'t automatically stop tungsten rods fired from orbit and a quarter of the speed of light.\"

• Like Like x 2
  15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sigh, these designs... stupid tatoos that look more like neon facepaint, colorful hair, Virulina even has a lip piercing? I cannot take these people seriously, she looks more like a "tumblerina" than a serious villain.
    What's up with Mortdred having a dumb arrow tatoo? To show where his nose is, in case he forgets? And who is Feryl? I don't remember her from the old comics.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    this right here. the transformers have been at war with themselves for 4 million years. and have repeatedly shown to have World Ending Tech. Anti-Matter, Time Travel Briefcases, Guns powered by the condensed energy of a Dead Universe, Undead Titans, and any number of Cosmic Macguffins. as soon as Kup was killed, "New Prysmos" should have been reduced to a smoldering crater at the push of a Button.

but no, the Visionaries have Magic Plot Armor which means they get to be a threat, no matter how contrived it is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yeah. Given how Cybertronian science has all the makings of typical comic book science... By doing whatever their scientists want. But now it's useless because a wizard did it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Yeah, I miss the days when everyone’s hair was in black and white. Now we got all these new colors, like “blonde” and “brown”.

Also, Feryl is just a genderswapped version of the character from the old show. If you’re gonna pretend to give a shit about the old Visionaries, you should probably put more effort into knowing about Visionaries.

19. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    I liked the ROM VS TF Mini. (AKA Stardrive: Origins)
    Haven't read his standalone though or any GI Joe. ('Cause i'm here for Transformers, not the organic scum)
    What's the general opinion of them?
    Good? Bad? Meh?

20. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Here's the general breakdown from someone who actually likes the Universe:

Action Man - A brilliant action comedy of a miniseries.
    ROM - Great series, though the last arc suffered from a reduced page count and too many plot threads. Rom & the Micronauts fixes some of those problems and is great.
    Micronauts - Great first arc, decent following arcs that are way too decompressed. If you're a fan of ragtag, quirky misfits saving the universe, I'd reccommend it. Wrath of Karza, the finale miniseries featured Optimus, Arcee, and Jazz in supporting roles.
    Revolution - A decent event, if you go into it with the expectation of "I'm gonna see a bunch of toys get thrown together in a big explosion."
    M.A.S.K. - Trash. Garbage. Shit. Don't read it.
    G.I. Joe/Scarlett's Strike Force - A little decompressed, but the kind of fun action that G.I. Joe has been missing for way too long. And Skywarp brings a really interesting dynamic to the book. It improves in Scarlett's Strike Force.
    Revolutionaries - A fantastic series for fans of any Hasbro franchise, especially Transformers. An action packed look at the history of the Hasbro Universe that expands it in both major and subtle ways and gives this new universe the same feeling of richness that the best superhero universes have. And of course, it stars Ayana Jones, Garrison Blackrock, and Kup from exRID alongside Action Man (who is now Kup's best friend and it is THE BEST). Revolutionaries is my personal favorite Transformers-related comic to come out in years.
    First Strike - A more character-driven event than Revolution, though the main character is unequivocally G.I. Joe's Scarlett. The ending kinda sucks though.
    Transformers vs. Visionaries - So far, a decent miniseries with a particularly infuriating editorial mandate. The biggest problem with the book is honestly the fact that the Transformers are there.

As far as the previous G.I. Joe series go, they're pretty hit and miss. Some are good (like the Cobra miniseries), some are really, REALLY bad (like the Karen Traviss run).

• Like Like x 1