Transformers Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by peteynorth, May 27, 2003.

1. megatrontsm

megatrontsm Active Member

Ebay:
    Great chapter Petey, I was wondering how you would handle a meeeting between Galvatron and Megatron, it makes you wonder how the fight would of gone down if they were both fully powered on energon instead of Megatron been half powered on energon at the onset of the fight, truly a great fight scene even if Megatron lost at least it proves to Galvatron that Megatron is no pushover considering the fight lasted over an hour and Megatron was only 50% powered at the start where as Galvatron was fully powered. I am so looking forward to the rematch. I am sure Megatron will find a way to defeat Galvatron second time around. Ravage's intervention was great offering Megatron advice at the same letting him know that Megatron still has many loyal followers.

Starscream teaming up with Megatron was an unexpected twist should prove interesting. It seems Starscream has found an enemy that he hates more than Megatron of course neither trust the other but the two of them should be able to come up with a way to defeat Galvatron. Also its nice to see that Megatron can and does appreciate the natural beauty of Cybertron nice touch character wise.

I also liked the conversation between Prime and Jhiaxus and how Prime refused the nucleon offered to him all in all another great chapter.

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just remembered something Petey, what happened to Bumblebee? he was mauled by a Predacon when Fortress Maximus first arrived and first Aid was trying to save him, did he survive and become Goldbug or not?

3. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
    Sideswipe...the gun ho character that he truly is!
    You off'd smokescreen pretty greusomely, eh? but sad to see him and galen go!
    Megs and Galv....that was classic!
    It was worth the wait petey north. i hope you can knock out a few more this year!
    How far did you say you were goin to....61 chapters?
    oh and i hope you can get to some of those other stories you have my man!

4. JLBarnett

JLBarnett Well-Known Member

Great story. I come around looking to see if you've got a new chapter of your movie sequel and instead find a new chapter of Version 2.0. Definately better.

Starscream and Megatron working together? Could that rarest of Transformer toys be in the works?

Sideswipe *wore* another Transformer. Sick.

Interesting introduction to Nucleon. I wonder if since it can power up a Spark enough to reproduce could it perhaps re-upgrade Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime?

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's not what nucleon does, it just makes transformers stronger and heightens their powers, only trouble is that it can stop transformation completely or have the opposite effect so a transformer can't stay in a single mode for too long or drive them completely insane.

6. rerunwatson99

where is this reference of nucleon originally from?

7. JLBarnett

JLBarnett Well-Known Member

Jhiaxus offered Optimus Prime Nucleon. Prime said he didn't know what it was, so Jhiaxus explained that it was an energy source that could do tremendous damage to a Transformer if not properly diluted, but if properly diluted was very useful. Later in the birthing chamber the TF to be budded had his spark bombarded with Nucleon until it was powerful enough to cut and a new Spark created from it.

So my thought was, "What if you bombard a Spark with Nucleon but don't cut it?"

8. rerunwatson99

oh ok. i thought nucleon was mentioned in a story line in comics of the G2 or UK comics or something. I know about it in this fiction. its definitely a good plot set

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. rerunwatson99

Dude,
    I Had No Idea About The Nucleon Thing. I Wasn't Really Exposed To The Comics Of Yester Year To Know About That. But That Definitely Explains The Action Masters. Pretty Interesting.
    But Thank You Storm For The Reference Man.
    Now It Makes A Lot More Sense To Me When I Read Thru The Episode Again!

11. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

stop typing in caps lock so the system capitalizes the start of each word

12. Muffinshock

Muffinshock Member

Hey, petey, I've a question.

Why Kickback? Either Shrapnel or Bombshell usually overshadow him for leadership of that trio in other fictions.

And in my opinion, Bombshell was a far better fit for where you're taking Torrent, for multiple reasons.

13. deepex

deepex Member

Wow, I've just started reading the first few chapters and have to say I'm amazed at how good this is. The fact the story has gone on so long tells me that it must be really good.

Will be going on holiday soon so planing to print the whole thing off and use it as my holiday reading!

14. rerunwatson99

believe me you'll love this story

15. deepex

deepex Member

Already loving what I've read. Have read numerous Gen 1 reboots and they haven't captured the same feel if you know what I mean.

The hardest bit so far is copying and pasting the story onto a word doc without actually reading peoples spoilers in between! All the feedback so far has been really positive and I can see me reading this before I go on holiday!!!

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've just re-read that last chapter and i just love the ending of it.

"For now, we enjoy the view"

Megatron is quite obviously beginning to recognise the beauty of what should really be shared. what i'm wondering though is if this will ever overcome the beauty that he sees within destruction.

17. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I guess I went with Kickback because he had the highest intelligence and because his function was espionage. But you're right, Bombshell would have worked as well.

18. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Episode 55: Overwhelmed

"Well, the spark is secure and well on its way back to recovery, but the brain damage is extensive to say the least." Hook relayed his assessment to Galvatron as Scrapper and Mixmaster worked on rebuilding both the stable Dreadwind and the critical Darkwing on a slab behind him. "I'll recover what I can, but to be honest, we're looking at an irrevocable loss of nearly ninety percent of Darkwing's personality data and memory."

Galvatron huffed and contemplated smashing the Constructicon to the ground for not doing what he was ordered to do; fix his valiant warriors, but he was still euphoric from his victory over Megatron and decided to let this act of incompetence pass without physical reprimand. "So we're looking at a failure more severe than the one you had with Torrent, is that it?"

Hook was taken aback. "Torrent made a full recovery. The issues that have arisen with him are due to what appears to be the presence of a separate personality in his cerebral core, which is something completely unprecedented in Cybertronian science. Darkwing's is a case of his head being fried. Realistically, he should be dead. The fact that he still functions to any extent is..." Hook considered saying a testament to his surgical skills, but realized what that would get him. "A miracle. But while his spark still functions, the extent of the damage was such that for all intents and purposes, the Darkwing we knew is gone."

Galvatron sneered and turned away deep in thought, but turned back a moment later, the hint of a smile on his face. "Alright, then I think its time to reinstitute a Decepticon tradition; the claiming of a defeated foe's designation."

Scrapper looked up away from the significantly enhanced frame of Dreadwind. "What was that?"

Galvatron ignored Scrapper's question and asked one of his own. "What was the name of the Autobot Darkwing killed?"

"Uh, Smokescreen I think." Hook answered.

"Then we will honor the memory of Darkwing, and welcome our brother Smokescreen into the Decepticon fold." Galvatron announced in the makeshift infirmary that they had set up hastily in an abandoned mining camp a few hundred miles to the east of Polyhex. The commotion and damage done by the Megatron/Galvatron battle would undoubtedly draw Autobot attention to Harbornia, so they gathered what few assets they had and left for this desolate and even more deserted location.

"Llll...Lord Galvatron?" Dreadwind muttered from the slab he was laid out on.

"Yes, what is it?" Galvatron replied as he approached the slab and looked down on the form that was now larger than him.

Dreadwind peered up through the long visor of his new dome-like head. "Scrapper informed me that when completed, Dar...Smokescreen and I will still be able to combine. But now that he has a new name, and that Dreadscreen and Smokewind sound ridiculous, I was wondering if we could forego the combination of names to match the combined mode. And if maybe, I could take the name Dreadwing all for myself...It's just a lot better than Dreadwind."

Galvatron stared down at his rebuilt soldier emotionlessly for a moment before a smile came over his face. "You and your partner displayed courage lacking in even Megatron by facing down a superior enemy to the end. You may take whatever name you wish, Dreadwing."

"Thanks boss." The Decepticon gratefully replied as he gingerly sat up in his new form. He was nothing short of massive; a hulking thirty-two feet tall in robot mode, and that was his condensed mode. Scrapper had told him that he would expand into a B2 stealth bomber in alternate mode, and from that mode he would have accessible treads for vehicular ground combat. It was a substantial upgrade, utilizing virtually all of the Decepticons' remaining resources, but Galvatron ordered that no expense be spared in the rebuilding of he and the newly dubbed Smokescreen. Mixmaster had informed him that their foolhardy charge into Fortress Maximus had been seen by Galvatron as a stark contrast to Megatron's strategic retreat, and that Galvatron had hailed their failed effort as an act of heroism. Of course the other Decepticons recognized it for what it really was, an act of idiocy and desperation. But nobody, especially the former Dreadwind, current Dreadwing, was going to disagree with Galvatron's assessment.

Galvatron placed his hand on Dreadwing's shoulder. "Get well, for it will not be long before we rely on your courage and new destructive capability."

"Of course Lord Galvatron."

"Sir." Scourge entered the infirmary. "There's a mass transmission being simulcast from Earth that you should see."

"What is it?"

The dome had to be removed to allow him entry, and he had to be lowered in by a cable attached to Springer hovering above in helicopter mode, but the effort had been worth it. It had taken him nearly fifteen years, but Optimus Prime was finally standing in the General Assembly, addressing representatives from every Member State of the United Nations as well as perhaps billions more watching from their televisions. Shortly after awakening from their four million year stasis, Optimus Prime had wished to address the United Nations to make clear their intentions and to clarify the differences between the Autobots and the Decepticons, but their respective actions made those intentions and differences clear early on. Optimus Prime was among friends; nations who could agree on nothing else stood as one in their devotion to the Autobots, and especially to their fallen and recently risen leader.

The feeling was mutual. In preparing the Governing Chamber for occupation of the new Cybertronian government in the anticipated post war era, Magna Prime had duplicated many aspects of the United Nations building, including commissioning a replication of the Norman Rockwell 'Golden Rule' mosaic displaying the different races of Cybertron, including Decepticons. The ideals would be the same; the hope would be Cybertron would have better execution of those ideals. Only time would tell. Prime leaned forward and addressed the throng of people watching him. "Greetings." A low but friendly murmur arose from the assembly as all the attendees returned the greeting. "I realize that this is long overdue, but I would like to open by formally thanking the people and governments of the planet Earth for your assistance, guidance, collaboration, support, sustenance and more than anything else, your friendship. Without you, all of you, all would have been lost for both our worlds and for countless others as well."

Prime paused before taking a turn that would undoubtedly change the mood of his audience. "Unfortunately, this struggle for our worlds and the countless others is more desperate now that it has ever been. As a very select few of you are aware, a previously unknown branch of Decepticons exists and has found an alternate means of reproduction. They've expanded in number and power to the point of being an empire spread throughout the cosmos, and they have now returned."

"There is currently a space faring vessel on the other side of Earth's moon that is roughly two and a half times the size of the Ark. It is also durable enough to remain functioning despite the detonation of a low-yield nuclear weapon in its main landing hangar. The blast did little more than bloody the ship’s nose. And I have little doubt that there are other ships on par with this one within the fleet of this unknown Decepticon Empire.” Optimus Prime allowed the significance and proximity of the threat to sink in to the human audience. “I will not attempt to deceive you by claiming that this is not the most horrific threat to your planet, or to mine sans Unicron, but I will swear to you that as you threw your lots in with the Autobots, we Autobots swear to devote our entirety to Earth’s defense. The enemy we face is great, but not insurmountable! Now is the fight for everything! And in this fight, you will find the metal shoulders of Autobots pressed against your own, this I swear!”

The shock and horror at the description of this new enemy’s size and apparently limitless power brought a hush to the audience for several moments before they slowly started to accept their fate and hesitantly applaud the Autobot Commander. Prime nodded his understanding of the hesitance, and continued. “We are not helpless. We can and will persevere. They have numbers, but on the few occasions that we’ve encountered them in battle we’ve proven to have superior strategy and individual combat skills. We also appear to have technological advances and super warriors that they do not possess. Coupled with the creativity and indomitable will of your species, victory will be achieved.”

This time the applause came immediately and thunderously. Prime waited it out, as it started to subside he gestured above him for another robot to be lowered into the expansive room next to him. The gesture was forwarded to the contingent of Autobots outside the UN, and within moments the sounds of Springer's helicopter blades could be heard through the opening in the ceiling. A moment later Cerebros descended into the chamber at the end of Springer's line, and then took his place next to his leader. Springer departed, as did the noise caused by his rotor blades, and Prime introduced his companion. "Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who do not know, this is Cerebros. Utilizing headmaster technology, he transforms into the head of our largest and most powerful warrior, Fortress Maximus. Headmaster technology is a divergent path of the original gestalt theories, capable of utilizing the life energies of not only sparks, but of organic bio-waves and energies. In addition to being a headmaster, Cerebros has a headmaster himself, one recently assigned to him."

Cerebros casually lifted off his head and placed it on the floor. The head transformed into a smaller robotic suit, and the sounds of the suit opening could be heard. A moment later Spike Witwicky stepped from it, walked around to the front of the suit, and nervously smiled at the dignitaries laid out before him. Prime looked down at the man, one who until his recent re-animation he had known only as a thirteen-year-old boy, and he continued. "I trust you are all familiar with Captain Burton 'Spike' Witwicky, United States Air Force, head of the famous Cyberwolves, and frequent conduit of good will between our two worlds." The gathered humans all nodded. Even as a child Spike had been well known as the Autobots' human mascot. Much interest in him waned as the Decepticon civil war that emerged following the disappearance of Megatron all but eliminated Earth as a battlefield, though there were sporadic articles and news segments on him, especially as he attended the Air Force Academy and started to seriously date a beautiful blond fellow cadet. Their graduation, and marriage shortly thereafter made the news, as did the birth of their son Daniel a year later, and the tragic loss of Spike's father William within days of the blessed event. He had never fallen completely out of the public eye, but it wasn't until the news of the elite Cyberwolves and their successful engagements against the renewed aggressions of the Decepticons did he once again become a household name all around the world.

"Spi...Captain Witwicky is the first human to take part in this headmaster process, and through his connection to Cerebros and Cerebros's connection to Fortress Maximus, who is currently stationed on Cybertron, Spike will influence the actions of the most powerful Transformer alive." Prime turned back to the audience as he continued. The representatives from each member country applauded at the idea that the nearly one thousand foot tall Fortress Maximus would be forced to take Earth's interests to heart.

A beeping coming from Optimus Prime's wrist communicator brought the applause to a slow stop, and the Autobot Commander raised it to his face. "Prime here."

"Prime, it's Silverbolt. Hundreds of Decepticon Empire ships are entering Earth's atmosphere at various points around the planet."

"Merely slip the noose in place, do not squeeze yet." Jhiaxus announced from his new command cruiser, the Kraken. His previous command cruiser, the Nightmare, had been destroyed along with hundreds of other ships when the Autobots had detonated a nuclear blast in main hangar bay of the Twilight. Jhiaxus himself had been caught close enough to the blast that over half of his frame had been destroyed, and had only stepped out of the infirmary hours before.

"Sir, does this not seem hasty to you?" The voice of Rook, who was leading the contingent entering Earth over northeastern Europe, came through the speaker. "You have only just recovered, and I fail to see any need to rush things."

"The physicians assured me that I was functioning at 100%, so I fail to see any need to sit back any longer." Jhiaxus grumbled.

"You're frame is repaired, but perhaps you would benefit from some time to allow your...psyche to heal further." Rook answered.

"I have healed enough." Jhiaxus snapped back, but continued in a more respectful tone. "The decision has been made, do as I have instructed. Jhiaxus out." Rook was his subordinate, but was not to be dismissed or disrespected. The smaller robot was one of the oldest transformers Jhiaxus knew, and had served as confidant to the Liege Maximo himself for thousands of vorns. This disregarding of Rook's suggestions was probably ill advised, but at that moment Jhiaxus couldn't care less. Leaning toward the forward view-port, the massive warlord grumbled to the pilot. "Take us over Manhattan. I'll take a squad and deliver the ultimatum in person, after dropping us off you are to return to Earth's orbit until I call for you."

"You know, you're free to go at any time." Sunstreaker commented as he leaned back in the glittering pool of energized lubricant, allowing the stunningly beautiful Femme behind him to gently rub his slick, shiny chest. "They patched you up awhile ago, stasis is no longer necessary." The handsomely chiseled face smirked. "I bet First Aid is thinking he did something wrong in repairing you. I've read your medical file, and one of the many, many things that Ratchet bellyached from cover to cover was your inability to sit still until he completed your repairs. But now you've been under for well over a day beyond the completion of your treatment."

Sideswipe, who was in his original predominantly red coloration, was sitting on the opposite side of the small pool and nodded. Impossibly beautiful Femmes were attending him as well, though he was clearly indifferent to their presence. "How is old Ratch? I miss him."

Sunstreaker reached over toward the many branches hanging down around the glimmering pool and pulled from it a bunch of grapes, grapes large enough so that they appeared in the dead Autobot's yellow hand similar in size to how real grapes would appear in a human hand. The setting was odd, a sort of blending of utopias from both Cybertron and Earth, populated solely by Femmes apparently there to all but worship Sunstreaker, and attempt to do the same to the disinterested Sideswipe; Femmes who were all breathtaking, having perfect mechanical features blending with features uniquely human, features that Sideswipe remembered Sunstreaker commenting on favorably about the feminine aliens years before. This was undoubtedly paradise as defined by Sunstreaker.

Despite it making no sense given his mechanical anatomy, Sunstreaker leaned his head back, lowered the bunch of grapes to his mouth, snapped the lowest hanging one off with his bright teeth, and started chomping away as he smiled at his brother. "You really think he and I went to the same place?"

Sideswipe stared at his beautiful brother and nodded. "Yeah, I do."

Sunstreaker swallowed the grape pulp and closed his mouth, but the smile remained as he intently met his brother's mournful blue gaze. After a few seconds he finally responded. "You always did think better of me than I deserved."

"No." Sideswipe shook his head slowly. "You hid who you truly were well enough from everyone else, including yourself, but not from me. I don't know why you did it, but you only let others see your outer beauty. But I knew the real you."

"You're not going to get sappy with me now, are you?" Sunstreaker joked.

Sideswipe sadly turned his gaze down at the surface of the pool. "No, the time for that would have been while you were alive."

Sunstreaker's humor diminished. "Yeah, there's a lot I wish that had been said." Both brothers looked back up and locked optics. "I can tell you that if I were still alive I'd ask you what the slag you're doing these days. You're not letting anyone see any beauty, inner or outer."

Sideswipe turned away. "It's something I'm working through."

"Please don't tell me that you're doing this for me."

"Don't worry, I'm not." Sideswipe growled, still looking off to the side.

"This isn't what I want." Sunstreaker pulled forward through the liquid, his Femme attendant's hands sliding off his greased frame as he glided away. He touched his brother gently, and at his touch Sideswipe took on his current outer appearance, with the mech-fluid of his recent victims rolling off his black frame and mingling with the slick fluid of the pool. His blood-red optics turned back to his brother's golden ones. "You always liked a good scrape, and you'd kill when you needed to, and given our lives, you needed to a lot. But you've never lusted for killing. You've never tortured simply for the sake of torture. On rare occasions, when those close to you were being threatened, you've felt emotions coming close to hate; but now hate is all that fuels you." Sunstreaker slid back across the length of the small pool and returned to his leisurely posture, allowing his attendant to resume her massage. With a wave of his hand, Sideswipe was back to his original red coloration and both he and the pool were cleaned of the mech fluid. "I threw myself in front of Megatron's blast because you're worth saving. That other guy, the red-eyed hate monster, isn't."

Sideswipe started to choke up, but fought it back. "You're not even you. You're just a dream."

Sunstreaker twisted his head and shrugged before flashing his Femme a suggestive grin and then plucking off another grape with his teeth. "Yeah..." the yellow robot commented as he chewed. "That would be the most likely scenario here. I mean, even if you buy into any of the claims of the living talking to the dead, they almost always involve the living being on the brink of death - which you weren't, this time anyway. And even then, the only credible claim of that was when your buddy said he heard Optimus talking to Sentinel Prime."

"Right, so why should I bother staying here?" Sideswipe grumbled. "As you noted, I'm free to go at any time."

"You are." Sunstreaker smiled. "But there's something keeping you here. Could it be that this is more vivid that any dream you've had before?"

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Perhaps, but we did emerge from the same spark." Sunstreaker quipped. "It's extremely rare when such a phenomenon occurs, and even more rare when the two resultant sparks both turn out far stronger than the medical norm for a solo spark. In fact, if I remember correctly, we were considered to be the most successful case of this happening. It's quite possible that our unique sparks possess attributes unknown to Cybertronian science."

"You're stretching." Sideswipe muttered, but his brother's good humor did force a bit of a smile to come over him.

"Yeah, that is a stretch." Sunstreaker beamed. "And you know me well enough so that the real me and a perceived me created by your brain would say pretty much the exact same thing."

"Yup."

"Hmmm." Sunstreaker mused playfully. "I guess there's no way to prove whether I'm real or not."

Sideswipe shrugged. "I suppose you could tell me something you knew that I don't know, something that I can verify when I wake up."

"Ahh, you always were the smart one." The yellow vision remarked. "But nothing like that comes to mind."

"Nothing?" Sideswipe skeptically asked. "You're telling me that you went your whole life and never acquired a piece of information that I wasn't aware of?"

"Yup." Sunstreaker replied, amused by his brother's skepticism. "Honestly, I didn't really have any secrets. I never bothered to hide any possessions, heck, I frequently displayed my more valuable items in hopes that someone would take them so that I could justify beating the slag out of them." The deceased Autobot rolled his head as he continued thinking out loud. "Any confidences a Femme would share with me I would relay to you and many other guys at the first opportunity, as I would with any embarrassing secrets I found out about you or our friends. As you can see, I'm not the guy Autobots would come to with personal issues." Sunstreaker's metal brow furrowed in confusion as he pondered something his brother had said earlier. "Are you sure you don't want to rethink your answer regarding me sharing the same eternal resting place as perhaps our greatest healer? I really was quite an slagger."

Sideswipe ignored the question and shook his head in disappointment. It was absurd that this could somehow be Sunstreaker, but he had been hopeful nonetheless. "So there's nothing you can tell me to make me think this isn't something to shrug off and forget?"

Sunstreaker pursed his lips and shrugged. "I suppose I didn't relay it to you every time a Femme would tell me they found you attractive, but as bad as your game was, and continues to be, I'm pretty sure you weren't so ignorant that you didn't at least suspect the broad had googly optics for you. Besides, most of these Femmes have long since died, so that won't prove anything."

The red Autobot nodded, a look of mild disgust on his face. "So this was all just a waste of time? A moment of joy that will make my on-line time all the more agonizing. I shouldn’t even bother to thank you for saving my life, as you're not even you. You're just a slagging dream to torment me."

Sunstreaker lowered his head back into the gentle palms of his awaiting attendant, seemingly oblivious to his brother's disillusionment. "Well, there is one thing. It's something that you may have always suspected, but I don't think it's something that you ever knew for sure."

Sideswipe looked up, slightly hopeful. "What?"

Sunstreaker slowly sat upright, wiped some slick fluid off his shoulders and then gazed at his brother with an endearing smile. "Honestly, I can't say that it will confirm anything about this little séance of ours, but I think it's something you need to hear. Even more than that, it's something that I need to say."

Sideswipe locked onto his brother's optics, his voice almost pleading. "What?" He knew what his brother was going to say, which confirmed Sunstreaker's assessment that it would be all but useless in proving this encounter to be anything but a dream. But real or dream, he did need to hear it.

"Through every insult, through every threat, every snide remark, every condescending comment, every punch, kick, elbow, head butt and bite." Sunstreaker returned Sideswipe's intent gaze. "Every time I demeaned you, every time I tried to knock you down a peg, every time I tried to outshine you in some way; every time, it was just a way of me not having to deal with how much I truly loved you, and still love you. The thing I was most proud of in life wasn't my appearance, it wasn't how good I was at fighting; the thing the brought me the greatest pride every day of my life was being your brother."

Sideswipe choked up. "Thanks, I...I knew, it...it, it was just...thanks."

"I may have to rethink that last part if you start crying in front of the Femmes." Sunstreaker joked as he started standing up in the shallow pool and gesturing for his attendant and a couple of the other Femmes standing around the pool into a mid-sized domicile that appeared in the jungle-like area to the right of the pool. The Femmes giggled and happily scampered off to wait for their master. The yellow Autobot turned back to his brother. "I wish we had more time, but you're moments away from being forcibly removed from stasis." Sunstreaker's left optic arced upward, as though he had given something away with his last statement. He then flashed his brother a grin, turned away, stepped out of the pool and took a step toward his awaiting harem, but stopped short and snapped his fingers. "Oh yeah, almost forgot." He turned back and flashed another smile as his sibling. "Ratchet was wondering if you could go a bit easier on First Aid."

"Go away! Batin'!"

"Huh?" Elita One abruptly halted her entrance into the infirmary and looked at the individual that had called out as she walked in. Upon seeing that it was a Junkion working on a minor injury suffered by a Minibot, she ignored it and continued marching toward the far end of the room "Ughn, never mind." Her pace quickened as she caught sight of First Aid. "Is he awake yet?"

"Yep." Sideswipe groaned as he lifted himself upright into a sitting position on the slate that he had been laying dormant on for the previous few days, letting his lower legs slide over the side and dangle.

Caught by surprise at the patient's sudden movements, First Aid approached him. "Ah, good, you're up. Look Sideswipe, it is standard procedure that I verify everything is working optimally. After all, you were under far longer than is normal for a patient with injuries and treatment consistent with yours, which is doubly concerning when the patient in question has a history of waking up and hoping off the slab mid-treatment."

Sideswipe noted the nervousness in the Protectibot and replied amicably. "No worries Doc, just do what you need to do."

"Sorry, no time for that." Elita One muttered. "The new Decepticons have invaded Earth. No shots fired as of yet, but they've got attack squadrons poised to attack all over the planet."

Sideswipe hopped to the ground and headed toward the door, but froze suddenly and turned toward Elita One. "So this invasion prompted you to come here and get me out of stasis?"

Elita One was a little confused, and slightly annoyed by the question. "Yeah. It looks like we're going to need every capable soldier here, sorry if you were hoping to sleep in a little longer. Oh, and First Aid, every capable soldier means Defensor, so you’re coming too."

Sideswipe let out a chuckle. "Moments away from being forcibly removed from stasis." Sideswipe repeated his brother's words quietly.

"Oh, don't worry about cutting Sideswipe’s beauty sleep short Elita One." First Aid said as he typed a few final things into a patient's data-chart and then turned to follow his comrades. "Standard medical procedure would have required me to wake him up shortly anyway."

"What?" Sideswipe asked intently.

"Yeah. Any patient that's been in stasis for what equates to thirty human hours beyond the completion of their attaining physical health should be revived." First Aid answered as he passed the black Autobot, turning his head to continue looking at him as he continued walking. "I thought you knew that."

"I...did I?" Sideswipe questioned. "Slag it all! What's it take to get a little confirmation?"

First Aid and Elita One stopped and stared at the revived Autobot, who now started marching toward the exit and this time it was he who passed them. Once passed, Elita One looked at First Aid. "I though you checked him for head trauma?"

"I did! It was the only part of him that wasn't damaged."

"Just check him again later!"

"Greetings Optimus Prime." Jhiaxus casually approached the Autobot leader as he stood in front of the U.N. building; both leaders were surrounded by several of their soldiers.

"Jhiaxus." Prime nodded. "I hope that you don't construe the violent method of how I was freed as an unwillingness to negotiate."

"I don't know, Optimus Prime." Jhiaxus replied in a voice far more congenial that the rage emanating from his green optics. "A band of your thugs attacks and wipes out one of my outpost crews unprovoked. Then a military action is undertaken without any attempts to request your freedom in a diplomatic manner, one which involved the use of a nuclear weapon." Jhiaxus shook his head. "Standing in front of this den of paper tigers does not offset your warlike actions, Optimus Prime. But if it truly is negotiation you seek, then let it not be said that I was unwilling to sit down at the bargaining table."

"I'm glad to hear that." Prime replied, keeping his skepticism out of his voice.

Almost ignoring the Autobot, Jhiaxus continued. "Yes, Optimus Prime, I think that we can find a very effective compromise that may wind up saving many lives that may have been lost otherwise."

"What is this compromise?"

"You Primes are experts on Cybertronian law, is that not the case?" Jhiaxus asked as he finally came to a stop, just a few feet in front of Optimus Prime.

"I know much of the law, both the ancient laws and the current laws that continue to be drawn up on Cybertron." Optimus replied. "Though I must admit that my training in the law was not exactly formal. I became Prime many, many vorns after the current war was started, many, many vorns after the dissolution of the High Council. Even the Council of Elders had widely been disregarded. But I did learn of most aspects of the Cybertronian legal system."

"Are you familiar with statute four hundred twenty-seven of the Kokular code?" Jhiaxus smiled.

"The Kokular code?" Prime replied. "That was a section of the law that was piggy-backed into acceptance by dishonest senators from Tarn trying to expand Decepticon cultural influence. They quietly attached it to overwhelmingly popular amendments, and even though it passed with the dominant legislation, it was disregarded the moment it came to the attention by the other, less dubious senators."

"Disregarded, perhaps. But it was never stricken from the legal code, and therefore stands." Jhiaxus corrected. "So tell me, Optimus Prime, are you familiar with that particular statute?"

Prime accessed his memory and peered at Jhiaxus. "The outcome of a conflict, ranging from minor skirmish to war, to be determined by single combat between faction leaders, without any level of aid from their subordinates. A battle of honor, this is what you are proposing?"

"Yes." Jhiaxus replied matter-of-factly. "I will now define the stakes; this planet. The loser shall take his army and leave, not to return until the victorious leader has died or been replaced. The losing leader may challenge the new leader at that time for this planet, but may not initiate hostilities on this world or its surrounding orbit until either his challenge has been rejected or has been accepted and he is victorious."

Prime folded his arms. "I am aware of the law, including my right to reject the challenge outright."

"Yes, that is your right." Jhiaxus smiled malevolently. "But I'm sure you can guess the alternative. I've no doubt that you are already aware of my ships and soldiers buzzing over every major city on this world, with countless more awaiting aboard the Twilight to reinforce them should they run into any difficulty razing every human civilization to the ground."

"There must be another way." Prime insisted.

"These are your only options!" Jhiaxus raged momentarily, but quickly regained his composure. "I know that you are not a coward, so I do not understand your reluctance to accept the clearly better offer. If we unleash our armies upon one another, yours will be swallowed in no time and this world will be cyber-formed. Combat me, and either you are victorious and Earth is safe from me for the remainder of your life, or you lose, and while this planet will be doomed, you and your Autobots will be permitted to leave unmolested. You will even be given the opportunity to collect your possessions from this planet." The massively built warlord then displayed a sneering smile. "I am prepared for battle now, so your acceptance can be either verbal or an assault. Do you accept my challenge?"

"You are citing a Decepticon law, developed to limit the loss of assets in conflicts between Decepticon city-states, that found its way into Cybertronian law through duplicity and deception! To leave the fate of this world and its many cultures and species up to this travesty would be disgraceful." Prime growled. "For you to even suggest it is undignified, far beneath one claiming to be a leader!"

Jhiaxus's reserve once again slipped, and he started at Prime, but held himself before actually making contact. Prime's refusal to flinch made him feel all the more enraged, but he merely added that to the bubbling volcano that he was already keeping in check...just barely. He then noted the Autobot Cerebros a few dozen yards behind Prime, and remembered both the recent television transmission of Prime's address to the United Nations, and his earlier studies of this planet. Jhiaxus fully relaxed, took a couple of steps back, and then finally addressed the Autobot leader in a relaxed manner. "Alright then Optimus Prime, if you choose not to accept my challenge, that's fine. But know one thing. Whether I win this world by military campaign or single combat with you, it will be cyber-formed. My forces will hunt down and exterminate every carbon-based life form on this orb, including humans. All save for humans bearing the surname Witwicky."

Both Optimus Prime and Cerebros shuddered at hearing that, and a horrified gasp could be heard from Carly Witwicky, who was in a crowd of humans gathered near the entrance to the United Nations building. Jhiaxus smiled, knowing he had finally gained control of the situation, before continuing. "All humans named Witwicky will be delivered to me so that I may execute them personally. But the nuclear familial unit of Burton Witwicky, his mate Carly, and their offspring Daniel will get special treatment. Burton, or Spike as you call him, and his mate Carly will remain unharmed for a period of time. They will merely be restrained and forced to witness the tortures that I will subject their offspring to. I have a very firm understanding of human anatomy, and will have no difficulty bringing the child to the point of unconsciousness or death before ceasing and allowing him to recover. And then I will do it again, and again, and again. I understand that mammals have great affection for their offspring, humans more so than most, so I suspect watching their child in unceasing agony, his tiny body becoming more and more disfigured and broken, his agonized screams calling for help eternally in their ears; this will have a very unpleasant effect upon them, their utter impotence to ease their child’s suffering a torture far worse than anything physical I can do to them." Jhiaxus looked intently into Prime's blue optics and smirked. "This isn't a threat, this is a promise. A promise that I will enjoy keeping to no end." The Decepticon leaned forward and whispered. "So, do you accept my challenge?" The hands of Cerebros darted up to keep his head from launching at the sadistic Decepticon. No such hands existed to stop Prime.

"I guess I'd take that as a yes." Ramhorn muttered as he, Red Alert, Sandstorm, Grapple and Hoist watched a view screen mounted on an outdoor communications console near a large facility on the outskirts of Houston. Due to environmental concerns, the humans had expressed an interest in utilizing energon as a fuel for their various purposes. Both Autobot and Human authorities alike decided that the simple handing-over of Cybertronian technology would be ill advised, but overseeing a human-made processing and conversion center was regarded as acceptable. Humans had known the process since shortly after the eruption of Mount Saint Hillary, but they had only recently started trying to retrofit their fossil fuel powered engines to use energon. The Houston Energon Processing Plant had finished construction several weeks before, and had already processed enough energon from local petroleum to power Iacon for years.

"Think we should invite them down to watch?" Hoist queried as he nodded up at the Decepticon Imperial fliers maintaining their position high above. "I mean, if there is anything to this law, then we can't fight each other, right?"

"Right, but just because you realize that doesn’t mean everyone else will.” Red Alert commented as he opened a broad range communications channel, his optics still fixed to the screen displaying the one on one battle going on in New York. “This message is for all Autobots on Earth or on Cybertron with the intention of coming to Earth. Jhiaxus is correct. While absurd, the law is on the books, and the new legal system has yet to be finalized, so it still applies. And whether or not it was his intention, Optimus Prime’s actions can be construed as acceptance of the challenge, so under no circumstances are Autobots to initiate aggressions against these new Decepticons."

The attention of Red Alert and the other Autobots was suddenly torn from the screen to the explosion of one of the craft high above them. The Imperial Decepticons turned upward and faced the oncoming horde led by Galvatron. "Death to all who stand in our way!" The purple war machine exploded through the flaming debris of the ship he had just destroyed and turned up to engage another craft. Dozens of white and green imperial Decepticons leapt from their ships and transformed to flying craft of various sorts, while others with land-based modes dropped to the ground.

Several of the grounded white and green Decepticons glared and laid their weapons at the Autobots, but Red Alert stepped forward, pushed the rifle of Sandstorm down, and addressed them. "We are not the ones attacking you, it is the Decepticons."

"Yeah, as much as we'd like to stomp your skid plates, we've decided to abide Optimus Prime's decision to single-handedly win the battle by kicking the slag out of Jhiaxus!" Ramhorn belligerently blurted out.

"That's enough!" Red Alert snapped at the red rhino before turning back to the Imperial Decepticon ground forces. "These Decepticons that attack you are our enemies, and are no doubt here to steal the energon created by this facility. I would like to fight them, but do not wish to jeopardize our truce."

The ground forces looked at one another in confusion while their airborne comrades fought savagely against their Cybertronian counterparts. None of them were in a position to agree to or refute the Autobot invitation to fight beside them. Ultimately it didn't matter, as PredaKing barreled downward through the dogfight and caused a tectonic episode as he hit the ground. The dozens of white and green armored warriors turned to combat the ninety-foot giant, but were quickly being destroyed and tossed around.

"I hate that guy!" Ramhorn bellowed as he charged ahead, weapons blasting the legs of the most powerful of gestalts. "Gives us beasts a bad name!"

"Ramhorn, get back here!" Red Alert called out, but the ground began shaking thunderously again as some sort of super craft sped by overhead dropping enough ordinance to decimate a city block. "Hit the deck!"

The Autobots, save Ramhorn, did just that, but still wound up being scattered by the blast and subsequent tremors. "Hoist, have the humans safely evacuated?" Red Alert called out as he struggled to get back to his feet.

"Yeah, they bugged out as soon as the first batch of Decepticons appeared in the sky. Facility's empty." Hoist called out, waving the thick clouds of dirt away from his face.

"Then Autobot's fall back!" Red Alert called out to the others. "Trying to hold this position is suicide!" The Autobots all transformed to vehicle mode and headed out, all save Ramhorn, who was sent flying by a kick from PredaKing. The rhino bounced off the hard ground, but before he hit again he was snatched into the air by a flying green and yellow rhinoceros beetle. "Ramhorn!" Red Alert called out.

The beetle slammed the Autobot into a large outcropping of rocks. Sparks shot out from a tear in Ramhorn's armor caused by the kick from PredaKing, and the Insecticon transformed and wedged the tip of his rifle through the breached armor and directed it upward toward the red bestial robot's head. "Good-bye Autobot!" Before Red Alert could do anything several rounds plowed through Ramhorn's internal circuitry and tore out of the front of his cerebral shell.

"Slag!" Red Alert turned, transformed and followed after his retreating comrades. "Ramhorn's gone, get to safety. We'll notify command of Ramhorn's death and the Decepticon attack on the processing plant."

The super-jet released a smaller stealth fighter from its rear section that started to give chase to the other Autobots, but turned and swung down toward the ground. Smokescreen transformed and landed next to Barrage and his victim. "Nice. I guess you're entitled to his name now."

Barrage looked at the winged warrior and shook his head. "What're you kidding? I didn’t get my brain fried by a bout of idiocy. And besides, my name is a thousand times better than slaggin' Ramhorn."

Smokescreen shrugged, contemplated responding, but looked up at the aerial battle above them and took to the sky to mop up the last of these pretenders to the Decepticon name.

The red and blue blur shot out over the throng of humans gathered in front of the United Nations building, humans either daring or foolish enough not to take cover so that they could watch this brawl that may very well determine the fate of their world. Prime's frame thundered through the outer wall and into the facility, but was followed quickly by the pursuing Jhiaxus, who dove through the hole caused by Prime's frame and continued his assault on the Autobot Commander.

"Let me go!" Spike's voice emanated from Cerebros's head. "Trust me, the last thing I'm going to do is intervene and cause Prime to forfeit Earth!" The large Autobot acquiesced, and a moment later his head was launching off of him, transforming, and hitting the ground running toward the group of humans. "Carly!" The thudding sounds of battle from within the building washed over the crowds outside.

"Spike!" The woman, who had been suffering from frequent bouts of nasua even before the day's events, was not sickly white from dwelling on the words of Jhiaxus regarding his intentions for her child. "Spike, get Maximus here! Get him here now and kill that monster! Squash him to atoms!"

The crowd immediately parted to allow the headmaster access to his wife. "I've sent a message to Max and Elita One demanding he be sent here. But I need you to get Daniel to Metroplex. Wait there until we figure out what's going on here. If Prime loses, or this army engages us..." Spike climbed out of his suit as he continued his instructions. "We'll need to get both you and Daniel to either Cybertron or Nebulon."

The couple embraced and Carly sobbed into her husband's chest. "Promise me! Promise me you won't let that monster near our baby!"

"I swear to God Carly, that bast..." Spike's reassurance was interrupted by the deafening boom of Jhiaxus's frame blasted through the outer wall and slammed into the ground. Prime came barreling out after him, both leaders covered in superficial injuries. "Jeez!" Spike pulled his wife under his chest and covered her with his body as best he could against the debris raining down everywhere. Fortunately no large chunks of building fell near them. "Get out of here! Get Daniel to Metroplex and stay there!" The human headmaster kissed his wife and climbed back into his suit. "Now!"

Prime and Jhiaxus battered each other around the building, Jhiaxus throwing a powerful cross that Prime didn't even bother to duck or parry, taking it full on the side of his head and not allowing it to impede his assault in any way. Jhiaxus's cross was rewarded with an uppercut that sent him flying back and landing upon a bronze statue of a man beating a sword into a plow share with a hammer, a gift to the United Nations from the Soviet Union in 1959. The famous statue that embodied the age-old and as yet unattained goal for both human and Cybertronian alike was mangled beneath the hulking warlord's frame, but still remained cohesive enough for the Decepticon to reach underneath, grab it, and slam it across the upper chest and head of the Autobot leader that was diving at him.

Both warriors leapt to their feet and once again charged each other. Each was highly trained in the combat arts, both were methodical; both readily abandoned their training and strategic thinking and raged at one another as berserkers. It was a natural state for Jhiaxus, one that he reverted back to with ease despite his eons attempting to squelch it. But for Prime, who despite having experienced rage before, this was his first real detachment from rationality, the first time giving in fully to his menis. Prime sent a flurry of blows out ahead of him that slammed into Jhiaxus's head and shoulders. The blows were returned with equal power, and Jhiaxus followed with a knee to Prime's midsection that gave the Autobot pause. The Decepticon continued the pressure, battering away at Prime's head with blow after blow. "Pathetic weakling! I will rend your armor to shreds and devour your spark!"

But despite his momentum and assurance, Jhiaxus was sent stumbling back by a snap kick followed by an uppercut from the enraged Prime, physical fury his only response to Jhiaxus's words. Huge blue fists swung back and forth, mauling the Decepticon's upper frame. Optimus Prime punctuated his reply to Jhiaxus's threats with a head butt to the bridge of the white, green, yellow and red warrior's nose. Prime's blue optics danced with unrestrained hatred as he continued his attack, just as Jhiaxus's composure resumed and his yellow fists and feet returned Prime's strikes blow for blow.

"Rook, can you tell me why, with vastly superior forces, my Liege Centuro would engage in a foolhardy honor bout with Optimus Prime to determine the outcome of this battle?" The voice coming through his personal communications channel caught Rook off guard.

"My Liege, I was not aware you were monitoring these events." Rook replied, bowing despite the fact that the conversation was being conducted in a manner that did not provide visual contact between parties.

"I have a vested interest in any activities involving the current residents of Cybertron." The powerful voice replied.

"Of course sir." Rook hastily replied. "I can only speculate that recent setbacks coupled with deep seated inadequacy issues have caused Jhiaxus to feel he needs to prove something to the Autobot leader."

"Yes, I've invested a great deal in my Liege Centuro, but it is clear that he was never adequately prepared to confront the gods of his youth." The voice replied. "Though I must admit a certain gratitude for this opportunity to view the Autobot leader in action. It confirms what I've long suspected."

"And that is?" The small green robot asked as he sat in the attack craft maintaining a holding position over Moscow with dozens of other craft and flying Decepticons.

"His pedigree." There was a long pause as the images of the brutal hand-to-hand fight danced across the view screen. "I would rather not lose my Liege Centuro at this point, nor do I want to disrespect the one being in existence for whom I feel anything by being indirectly responsible for the destruction of the current Autobot leader. Earth is irrelevant to me, one of thousands of life-bearing organic worlds in the universe. End this mindless brawl."

"Blast Cap, come in."

"Yes Rook, this is Blast Cap." The white and green Decepticon answered into his wrist.

"Inform me when you have attained a degree of privacy." Rook's voice replied through the small speaker mounted on the back of Blast Cap's forearm.

Blast Cap turned away from the savage beating being delivered and endured by both leaders, transformed, and took to the New York sky. "Yes sir, I am out of audio reception range of everyone."

"Good." Rook replied. "The Autobots have broken the truce. Our forces in the American state Texas have been attacked, thereby forfeiting this world to us and rendering the battle between Optimus Prime and our Liege Centuro moot."

"Shall we attack then?" Blast Cap excitedly asked.

"Yes, but follow my instructions to the letter." Rook answered. "I have selected a few representatives from each battalion here on Earth to initiate hostilities in a specific manner. Yours is the most important of these hostilities. You are to launch a pair of missiles directly into Optimus Prime's chest."

"I'm all over it sir, but won't Lord Jhiaxus tear me to shreds for interrupting his battle?" The flying Decepticon questioned as he turned and started slowly toward the combatants. "He seems pretty intent on fighting this Autobot."

"I will explain the situation to Lord Jhiaxus, you just do as you've been instructed." Rook confirmed.

Jhiaxus charged Prime, but was stopped by a blue fist thudding into his already heavily dented face. Despite the halt to his charge, Jhiaxus swatted past the follow up punch and tackled Prime to the ground. The Decepticon managed to slam an elbow to the side of the Autobot's head before being thrown off. The Decepticon spun to face his opponent. "Inferior, outdated pus..." Prime's fist slamming into Jhiaxus's mouth silenced the Decepticon, a kick to his midsection doubled him over, allowing Optimus to grab him, twist, and fling him through a giant knotted pistol and its concrete mount.

Jhiaxus immediately pulled himself back to his feet and snarled as he heatedly marched toward the equally enraged Autobot. But this final confrontation was interrupted by the front of Prime's chest exploding, sending the Autobot hurtling backward and skipping across the grass. The massive Decepticon stopped and peered in confusion for several moments, only snapping out of his fury-fueled stupor as the Autobots present roared in anger and fired up at the flier that had attacked the Autobot. "This is how you honor Cybertronian law?" The headless Cerebros barked out at Jhiaxus accusingly in English.

"This piece of horse-slag has no knowledge of the word honor!" The headmaster Spike Witwicky bellowed as he marched toward the Decepticon leader, his heated assertion in flawless Cybertronian with the exception of the word horse, which has no equivalent in the home world tongue.

"No, I..." Jhiaxus then bellowed himself. "Cease fire!" The raging, and now shame-filled warrior then pointed up at the flier that had caused this and barked out. "Get down here now!"

Blast Cap sped toward the ground and transformed before landing a good fifty feet from his leader. "Sir, Rook will explain everything."

"What?" Jhiaxus snarled as he marched toward the offender. Several Autobots charged to check on the condition of their leader, but Jhiaxus paid them no mind. His optics were focused solely on Blast Cap. "Rook, what is he talking about?"

"I do not know sir." Rook's reply came through Jhiaxus's communicator.

"No! He ordered me to attack the Autobot leader!" Blast Cap muttered in horror as he started backpedaling. "He said that the Autobots attacked our forces in Texas, that the Autobots had forfeited the bout!"

"That's a lie!" Springer snapped."

"The Autobot is right sir." Rook continued. "A contingent of ours was attacked and decimated, but it was by the home world Decepticons, not the Autobots."

Jhiaxus's green optics grew wide with horror, then rage before lunging at Blast Cap and tearing his frame apart. In just over a minute Jhiaxus was standing over chunks of his former subordinate's corpse. He then looked up at the Autobot leader, who was being helped to a seated position by other Autobots. "No." The word whispered weakly from Jhiaxus's battered and torn metal lips. Movement below and to the side of him drew his attention, and he took in the form of Spike Witwicky in his headmaster armor.

Spike gently kicked a piece of Blast Cap's former neck, and then looked up to address the invader to his planet. "Pack your crap and get the hell out of here."

Jhiaxus stared blankly from the metal covered human to the Autobot leader, who was now gingerly being raised to his feet. "No." He quietly let out again.

"No?" Elita One barked out as she approached from the recently landed shuttle, the Dinobots, Protectibots and Sideswipe walking briskly behind her. "It looks like Spike's assessment of your honor is dead on!" The Femme Commander and those that arrived with her all brought their weapons to firing position as they marched toward Jhiaxus. The Decepticons raised their weapons as well, but no Autobot took their focus off of the battered leader.

"Wait." Jhiaxus lowered his gaze to the ground and raised his open hand toward them. "Just wait." Everyone waited tensely as Jhiaxus seemed to reconcile himself to what had happened. After several moments he finally raised his head and calmly approached the heavily damaged Prime, smoke curling up from his shredded chest. "Due to the treachery of one, or perhaps more..." the ominous statement was spoken not so much to Prime as to Rook through Jhiaxus’s wrist speaker. "Of my soldiers, the bout and the spoils are forfeited to you. For the remainder of your life, this planet is safe from me and from all that serve me."

Prime glared heatedly at the Decepticon for several moments, during which time Elita One trotted up beside him and looped his arm over her shoulder so that she could bear some of his weight. While the rage-filled stare remained, Prime eventually nodded. "Take your troops out of Earth orbit, including its moon, and never return."

Jhiaxus's optics possessed the same level of rage, but he too quelled it and simply nodded before turning and marching back toward a large group of his troops in robot mode. But as he marched past the remains of Blast Cap, he looked down at Spike. "You are safe here for as long as Prime lives. But should we meet on Cybertron, or anywhere else that falls outside this orb's gravitational pull, you will endure suffering the likes of which you did not know possible. I will record every nano-second of your suffering and send it to Earth, so that when he comes of age, your offspring will seek me out for revenge, fail, and share your fate."

The headmaster met his stare. "Sounds good Jhiaxus. You should be able to find me somewhere deep in the base of Fortress Maximus's neck, about eighty or ninety stories off the ground. I look forward to seeing you again."

Jhiaxus smirked at the arrogant human and continued toward his troops. "Cybertronians, fall back to the Twilight!"

"He lost."

"What? That's impossible!" The ground cruiser transformed into a short, thickly built dark green robot as he marched up to the entrance of the mid-sized control center that all aspects of the completely cyber-formed world were orchestrated through.

"Well, he didn't really lose, but he was forced to forfeit because some idiot took a shot at the Autobot." The tall, thin predominantly white robot clarified as he stepped aside to permit the newcomer entrance.

"Rewind the footage, I want to see the entire thing." The dark green robot ordered to another robot seated in front of the control console.

"Honestly," the robot manning the equipment offered. "I'd say he would have lost anyway."

"Slag that!" The tall robot at the entranceway retorted. "Granted, this Prime was tough, but Jhiaxus would have pulled him apart if the fight had continued another hour or so."

"I'd like to judge for myself." The green robot muttered. "Where is this planet anyway?"

"They call it the Sol System, coordinates are in the transmission." The seated robot answered. "Organic world, better than most but nothing all that special or unique. Still, would've been nice to have." Suddenly an alarm went off next to the main view screen displaying Jhiaxus and Prime's pre-fight discussion. "Something's entered the atmosphere, unable to identify. Heck, unable to classify on any level, can't even confirm whether it's solid, liquid, gas or energy."

"Acidar, get out there and get a visual!" The green robot ordered the tall robot at the doorway before turning back to the tech monitoring the console. "We've got to be able to get some sort of reading off of it."

"Well, it's nearly an exact match to the reproduction by product..." the tech replied. "But we know next to nothing about that stuff either."

"Toil, come in." Acidar's voice came through a speaker.

"Toil here." The green robot responded.

"Sir, I’ve got a visual. It's like a black cloud, huge, but its movements seem purposeful, like it's checking things out. Oh slag, it's seen me!"

"Blast it!" Toil ordered, but the weapons fire was echoing through the speaker even before his order was fully vocalized.

"Nothing! My weapons are having no effect!" Acidar's panic-filled voice filled the room. "Oh Primus, it's surrounding me! Oh Primus no, no, no, noooooo!" The link was severed.

"Outside, now." Toil ordered his tech, which reluctantly followed the stout leader out of the building. As they stepped foot on the metal ground outside they looked up to see the huge swarm of blackness coming at them, completely blocking out the view of the horizon. "Take it down."

The other robot looked at Toil in disbelief. "What are you...”

"Do it!" The two robots fired, then repeated, and soon were firing indiscriminately into the growing wall of black. "Arghhhhh!" Both were quickly enveloped by the mass of blackness and endured the agony of being consumed bit by bit, each devoured molecule scrutinized by their devourer.

The information obtained from these three informed the swarm that there were two dozen other robotic creatures stationed around this planet, each likely sharing the same familiar energy given off by their core sparks, possibly possessing knowledge of what the swarm was, and maybe even a way to offer the entity some degree of peace. The control facility was also being consumed, and though the swarm was not anticipating much of value to come from the lifeless structure, some of the data pinpointed a location where more robotic life could be found; a location called Earth.

19. ironkaty

ironkaty mystery warrior

ace stroy

20. rerunwatson99

DEEP PETEY!
    The sideswipe/sunstreaker moment was awesome!
    The swarm is no doubt on its way
    I wanna see this liege come into play.....he obviously has pull!
    Dreadwing sounds more powerful then ever, but why the smokescreen thing? I like it, but is there a significances?
    Very, very, very detailed on the torture of daniel....you really don't like him, huh?
    Are we gonna see another prime like the IDW story did? I know you don't like to follow the other comic stories, but that's what I think the head liege is.....

Once again, GREATEST STORY EVER!!!!!