Transformers using nanotech

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Dec 3, 2016.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I didn't like the Transformium concept in AOE, but I could appreciate it for what it provided: a nanotechnology Transformer that could form itself into a fluid shape.

Still, nanotech is better off used as a tool instead of as an alternate mode.
    - Man of Steel had alien liquid nanotech being used to form shapes and weapons
    - the GI Joe films had Cobra Commander develop nanotech for soldiers to use to improve their strength, give them face-disguising qualities (and mind-control)
    - the Sentinels in the Days of Future Past film had nanotech designs, forming their bodies into shapes

So which Transformers do you think should utilize nanotech?

The Insecticons, or any insect-like Transformer for that matter, are the most likely choice, since they're able to form hive minds and they've got that swarm concept that would be appropriate for nanotech. Bombshell would be perfect with his thing for cerebro-shells, Shrapnel would use it for breaking up his body, Waspinator would be blown up repeatedly, etc. They'd be the most fitting choice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    There was a nanotech transformer in Revenge of the fallen, it was ok in my opinion. I would rather nanotech be used has internal repair myself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Energon Strongarm, Son.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I could see many TF's utilizing nanotechnology in various ways.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I think if the technology existed depending on availability they would all use it.
    Arms race and all that.

6. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

I actually like the concept of Transformium, so I would probably go with something similar: Transformers aren't made of simple parts like a car or truck. They are made of protomatter, which is a mass of constructed nanobots that have the ability to alter their shape at the microscopic level, allowing the Transformer to convert into an alternate mode, heal, and perform the various microscopic tasks that organic species do, allowing them the advantages of organics and machines. The transformation process itself doesn't involve the Transformer breaking down into grey goo between each mode: that is far too energy intensive. Instead, the Transformer only breaks down what they need to: internal organs, hands, sensors, the head, and the rest converts the way you would expect a normal Transformer to. All the protomatter/nanotech does is allow for the transformation cheats that you see on screen.

• Like Like x 1